208 replies to this topic

#121 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:30 AM

We had a squirrel in the walls last month, I wonder if the fucker poked a hole in the roof which caused the leak. Landlord's problem, he's coming to mull everything over. Perks of still being a renter!

I am sick with the flu something fierce, but in order to not lose my two holidays I had to go into work and work four hours. Stupid. It's like, call in sick and lose 3 days of pay or go into work for four hours, possibly spread the flu, but lose 4 hours instead of 3 days. HMMMMM. I might call in tomorrow too, which is fine, again, 1 1/2 is better than 3. I was nice enough to wear some PPE/respirator the whole time so I wasn't breathing on folks. I like being thoughtful, anyways.

But IDK exactly why that's a thing everywhere. Is it another case of people ruining it for everyone by calling in fake sick to extend a holiday weekend?

#122 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:48 PM

in my job, you lose holiday pay if you call in the week before or the week after. 

--

I just realized that I once told my school guidance counselor that my friend was being sexually abused by her stepfather and neglected by her mother.

I was told to "keep an eye" on her.

That was it.

I hate that counselor and hope she dies.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#123 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

Ugh!!! I went to store because HELLO FREE TIM TAMS!! They were sold out!

Ginger, is the spice of life

#124 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:34 PM

FUCK YOU, ELFIE! I WANT TIM TAMS NOW

I luv youu

#125 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:08 PM

Well me the duck too! But I can't get any!!!

Ginger, is the spice of life

#126 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:54 PM

I am angry with myself. I should be way happier than I am and also I should obsess less over unnecessary things. Also I should do more in my time of than rewatch Gossip Girl.

I'm kinda using having the flu as an excuse and also the snow is crap to go skiing but still.

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#127 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:42 AM

I am angry with myself. I should be way happier than I am and also I should obsess less over unnecessary things.

Feelings are a difficult thing, but they can be uncontrollable at times. Sometimes we get down, and it might seem to be for no reason, but it can still happen. I only hope you feel better soon.

As for my bitchy time, New Years Eve was a joke. As I said in that status, we got attacked. But I'll start from the beginning.

The party we were going to was in the West End, which is a bit far out for us to get to. Our options were either get a bus, get a taxi or walk the two hours to get there. However, we were uncertain if the bus was still running. After a bit of a hassle, we managed to get one, but it stopped about half an hour early from our stop, so we had to walk the rest of the way. We still made it in time. Later, my friend and I went outside with these two other folks we didn't really know. One was a girl who lived at the flat (with my friend). We were outside, and some guy started shouting at us from across the road, demanding we give him an "iphone charger". We told him no, there was nothing to give him. He came over, demanding we give him a charger, and to go in and charge his phone. No, you are not getting in. There is no charger here, we all use android. So he starts making remarks to us, but we leave it and go back in. The bells ring, and we're all merry. Great times. I turn to my friend and ask her if she wants to have her first 2017 cigarette, so we go out, and get to the door. The guy is still there, and he has his foot in the flat entrance doorway, screaming at the girl and guy from before, who had gone out again. One of my friends comes out too at the worst possible time, and bang, the guy hits both him and the girl over the head with the bottle, my friend moreso to the point the glass bottle shattered. He then swung at all of us, then threw the bottle at the wall and we all got hit by glass. Fortunately, no one was cut by it, but jeez, that was horrible. My friend who got bottled goes out, and tries to talk to the guy, and he seems to calm down until I walk out to back him up, and he remembers me from before, and starts trying to pick a fight. The girl who got is screaming at him, as you would expect, and I have to take her back to avoid anymore conflict. The guy went down the road, and wasn't seen again. The police were called though, and we've given them the details of the scumbag. Hope the bastard gets caught. 

Fuck last night. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#128 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

Man, takes a lot of restraint to leave that to the police, I would have floored the cunt. Hope your mate who got glassed is okay, glad nothing more serious happened.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#129 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:00 AM

Man, takes a lot of restraint to leave that to the police, I would have floored the cunt. Hope your mate who got glassed is okay, glad nothing more serious happened.

It was rough, but I think it was the right call. What happens if we attack him, and the police turn up and we get fucked. That'd ruin NYE even more.

Better to leave it with them, I feel. 

Still, from what someone mentioned during the statement, he apparently seemed to have a swollen nose and blood, so he may have been in a fight before. Hopefully they get him.

The friend was a bit staggery to the end of the night, but it may have been the booze. Our friend is a doctor, and checked for signs of a concussion and saw nothing. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#130 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:33 PM

noir, that doesn't sound like a fun night. i hope you were still able to enjoy the time with your friends. :)

as for me my bad mood is getting a bit better. but i think it is mostly because i started to plan some new things. i think the problem is that i am just so bored. which is why i am constantly in a bad mood. there is just nothing to do here and i refuse to just get drunk every day. i am supposed to stay here 3 more months and if i make other plans and leave i feel like i let down a lot of people.

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#131 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:51 AM

Aw, fae. If you're bored, the best thing to do is learn or experience something new!

#132 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

i know. i try

#133 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:27 AM

Back to work; underpaid, underappreciated and overworked. Wage slaving for people who make literally five times more than I do. Living and loving life.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#134 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:40 AM

Back to post-holiday hours. Two in one off two in two off.... Woohoo

5A5DjRW.gif

#135 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:34 AM

i know. i try

i failed today

i just want to go see my mum  :(

#136 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

i started crying at work today

#137 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:13 PM

What's up Fae?

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#138 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:55 PM

same thing for weeks now. this place is making me depressed and i feel like a failure. it's getting worse

#139 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:01 AM

What is it specifically that's making you feel that way? 

Anything you can change? Anyone you can talk to?

#140 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:35 PM

i just feel bored because there is nothing to do. but i quit yesterday. feeling better now (btw this is not my real job. i took 3 months off to go traveling and there i got a job in exchange for free lodging). going to move on next week.