208 replies to this topic

#201 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:19 AM

Again, how can the statistics be completely justified when men simply do not report sexual harassment and rape nearly as often as women do.

I am not belittling the horseshit that women have to deal with from sexually aggressive men, but how could the stats tally up the people who don't come forward with the info? Out of curiosity, did you report the two women who forced themselves on you while you were passed out drunk?

Where are you getting the idea that men don't report sexual assault as much as women? Surely if it's a big unknown then there can be no evidence to support what you're saying? I didn't report it because at the time I didn't consider it assault, and because it hasn't negatively impacted my mental or physical health; in fact I don't think I've ever even told anyone before. One piece of anecdotal evidence does not constitute blanket proof however, and I refuse to be used as a statistic.

I can only go on what has been compiled over the years and decades of demographic study, and the conclusion of said studies are more often than not that sexual assault is a male dominant crime, although it is also one perpetrated by a smaller number of women. So I understand that there are two sides, I'm not saying "woman on man sexual assault doesn't happen". I said 'men are gross', you responded with what boils down to a 'not all men' response, as far as I'm concerned. To me that's diversionary.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#202 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:50 AM

I get the idea from personally witnessing men get assaulted too many times to even count and doing nothing about it.

Stats are stats and they are what they are, but I can't negate large quantities of personal experience because the stats say otherwise.

Not everything can be boiled down to numbers on a page.

And I wasn't trying to use your experience as a wham bam closer to prove a point, I'm not that petty.

I like to think there was a little more thought to what I said than "Nuh uh, not every man is that way", but you can take it however you like I suppose.

I know it's a hot topic in general, and I probably shouldn't have even bothered to say anything, so I'm not going to continue batting back and forth over something that won't contribute anything useful to anyone.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#203 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:52 AM

But A LOT women also don't report. A lot of women stay quiet, that is a fact. I was raped and I didn't report.

Sorry to hear that Elf.

Why didn't you say anything, if you don't mind me asking.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#204 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:15 PM

Because shame comes with it. You are shamed, I'm a slut, I deserved it.. that's real, it really ahppens, people say that. My ex left me because of it. I wasn't kissing the guy, I wasn't teasing him. He straight up used his strength to hold me down and force his way inside of me. But I was underage drinking, I was with people smoking pot. At younger age we're afraid of getting into trouble more than avenging wrong doings

Ginger, is the spice of life

#205 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:15 PM

Why didn't you report your assult

#206 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:34 PM

That's pretty horrible.

I can understand the underage drinking/drug use being a dissuasion from saying anything, but slut shaming someone who has been raped is one of the worst things I can imagine doing. I'm sorry you had to deal with any of that.

And I've never been sexually assaulted.

Never had anyone go any further than flirty touching in those situations.

I've just seen a lot of it happen at parties/bars and such.

#207 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:42 PM

I think we can all agree that rapists, regardless of gender, are low life scum who should be fucking castrated.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#208 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

I think we can all agree that rapists, regardless of gender, are low life scum who should be fucking castrated.

AGREED!!!

#209 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:51 PM

Couldn't agree more.