208 replies to this topic

#81 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:19 AM

I'm joking. England's a right shit-hole and I hope to goodness for your own sakes that you ditch GB and go your own way.

Canada is a pretty nice place to emigrate to, and if you have any sort of accent from the UK you are probably going to get laid constantly.

So there's that.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#82 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:29 AM

God I love Canada. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#83 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:01 AM

Canada is a pretty nice place to emigrate to, and if you have any sort of accent from the UK you are probably going to get laid constantly.

So there's that.

Dunno what my missus would have to say about that  :lol:

As it stands though, I did a test regarding emigration to Canada and it turns out I can actually go and live there so...if it all goes tits up here then maybe I will.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#84 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:16 AM

Dunno what my missus would have to say about that  :lol:

As it stands though, I did a test regarding emigration to Canada and it turns out I can actually go and live there so...if it all goes tits up here then maybe I will.

She can come (teehee) as well.

Nothing wrong with with a maple gang bang.

If for some magical reason you do end up moving to my country we also have a London, which has a Thames River.

IDK lives there and I'm nearby

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#85 TechnoWitch

TechnoWitch

Byte

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:51 PM

have a report due on Tuesday that I have no idea what I'm doing. The lecturers did not explain it well at all. Normally, in that situation, you'd ask your lecturer right? We did. She's actually such an asshole. 

I had to ask her a question, and she responded in capital letters like "OF COURSE...?????" and I just see why nobody wanted to message her. But the worst part is I had to ask her a question relating to our coursework 1A that was due the week before. Could I still edit it? It wasn't locked and the wording in the assessment paper suggested that it was still open and that the deadline was to allow us to write Part B. Nope. She responded nicely enough saying I would be penalised for editing past the date. That's okay! I figured that was the end of that.

We had a lecture the next day. She opens, bitching about some of the stupid questions she has had and anonymously mentions mine. The thing is - these are ones everyone was too scared to ask, but then I decided to take it upon myself to ask. And then she bitches about it, making me out to be an idiot. I can't stand this class.

Ugh. I hate her already. You can see the sign of an shit teacher when they get annoyed when someone asks a question, or asks them to repeat themselves. Same for if they call a question a 'stupid question'. Good teachers/lecturers should be more than happy to answer questions or explain something again. 

All I can say is… fuck her. She’s evidently not very good at her job, or something isn’t going great in her life for her to respond irritably in the way she has. Keep asking questions, and don’t take it personally when she’s a bitch back. Just remember you're there to learn and you're not there to care if a useless teacher is being difficult   :)

#86 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:15 AM

Ugh. I hate her already. You can see the sign of an shit teacher when they get annoyed when someone asks a question, or asks them to repeat themselves. Same for if they call a question a 'stupid question'. Good teachers/lecturers should be more than happy to answer questions or explain something again. 

All I can say is… fuck her. She’s evidently not very good at her job, or something isn’t going great in her life for her to respond irritably in the way she has. Keep asking questions, and don’t take it personally when she’s a bitch back. Just remember you're there to learn and you're not there to care if a useless teacher is being difficult   :)

Thanks, it means a lot.

I feel a lot better right now after going out last night with my best friend who I haven't seen in a few months (She lives in a city over). Went for dinner, had a few drinks and I'm going to be sitting today working on this. I feel a lot more refreshed. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#87 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:58 AM

I really don't understand how friendships work. And how the whole keeping in touch stuff works..

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#88 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:17 AM

I really don't understand how friendships work. And how the whole keeping in touch stuff works..

It can be anything as simple as saying hi to people occasionally to having deep conversations.

One of my best friends and I probably only talk once a month if not less but we've been friends for a decade (internet) and it hasn't changed yet. Finding the right frequency of contact to go with certain people is important too. Some people might feel smothered by day to day contact while others may want more contact than once a month.

I'm not great at the whole conversations thing because I don't do all that much, not much to talk about.

5A5DjRW.gif

#89 Capsicum Annuum

Capsicum Annuum

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:10 AM

I hate when people walk slow or completely stop in front of me. I'm like bitch , do you not see me behind you?

#90 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

Time x effort + intent.

Once you become an adult it suddenly takes energy to make and maintain friendships.

It sort of sucks but it is what it is.

#91 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:38 AM

I have this problem too. I'm really good at making acquaintances, but have no idea to go beyond that. Like hey cool, we know each other's names. Now what? 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#92 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:11 AM

I hate when people walk slow or completely stop in front of me. I'm like bitch , do you not see me behind you?

If they're facing forwards they probably don't.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#93 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:38 AM

I have this problem too. I'm really good at making acquaintances, but have no idea to go beyond that. Like hey cool, we know each other's names. Now what? 

That is one of the big signs of a person who is both extroverted and introverted at the same time, which a lot of us are I think.

You possess the social skills to easily make new friends but maintaining them doesn't usually happen in the long run.

I bet sometimes you love the prospect of hanging out with someone but love coming home and being alone afterward more.

#94 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:48 PM

Mostly just the coming home part. >.>

nmjUGDL.jpg

#95 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:19 PM

Fucking work. Nobody bothered to tell me we were coming in an hour early today. Love the lack of communication in this place.

5A5DjRW.gif

#96 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

I really love travelling and i know i should be very happy that i am able to go travelling for longer periods of time. But i always feel homesick the first few weeks.
I miss my mom

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#97 m1splacedSan1ty

m1splacedSan1ty

Byte

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:28 AM

I'm actually having some serious anxiety about the upcoming holidays and wanted you guyses advice but didn't know where to post...and felt a little self conscious because everybody has hard stuff they're going through. 

I'm the only real nerd in my entire family that is falling apart. Its just my dad, sister, her husband, and mine. I have no friends and I guess I was wondering if anybody has any advice....

#98 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:00 AM

Well, advice for what? I mean, that's not me being shitty but you need to give us a little to go on.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#99 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:03 AM

I'm the only real nerd in my entire family that is falling apart.

Sounds exactly like me. It's scary, really.

My father disowned my sister for no reason other than she phoned the police on him because he was breaking stuff in a fit. My brother has been engaged three times in a 6 month period, picking up whatever white trash whore that gives him a couch to sleep on. He's an alcoholic that can't take care of his children.

Every family has bad eggs, my advice is to focus on strengthening your bonds with the good ones. My sister, for example. Well-liked and loved by all, the only one in my family to go to college full term & the only one in my family to land her name & picture in the newspaper...for her field studies...not a crime. I don't even talk to my dad or brother unless they talk to me. Nobody even invited me to Thanksgiving and you know what...that was fine with me!!!

I focus on taking care of sister, and my girlfriend. I spend more time with her family than my own. We even invite my sister to their Christmas, and holiday stuff so she's not left out of anything (well she has a boyfriend too and goes to his stuff).

As far as friends go, I literally wouldn't have any if not for Magic the Gathering. My nerd level is over 9000. Before I started playing the game, I rarely left the house and just had my internet friends that I met from video games and forums. I hung out occasionally with co-workers, but you know, that was more of I have nobody else.

Does your husband like anything nerdy? I find that board games are pretty amazing and have opened people up to trying nerdier stuff. Years ago we started hosting 'nerd nights' and more and more people eventually showed. Lots of movie themed board games out there that are pretty good. Firefly, Battlestar Galactica...if all else fails bust out Cards Against Humanity. Then I got people to try D&D and we had a group going for awhile before RL took over any viable playing times. Hobby shops are a great way to meet people and hang out. Always people playing TCG's and tabletop games there.

#100 m1splacedSan1ty

m1splacedSan1ty

Byte

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:04 AM

My dad is the best ever but he doesn't talk or really do anything. I lost my mom a couple years back and she was the glue that kept our family together. My sister is ten years older than me and was extremely disappointed when I didn't outgrow my nerdyness. Psychology major that tries to analyze everything but never did anything with it. She has to be what society thinks she should be and I just do what makes me happy. Brother in law is a complete asshole. He is an atypical Texan and is always right. Thinks he's god's gift to the world and tried to leave my sister. Sister forgave him and nobody talks about it. Also thinks I'm a disappointment.

My husband is just as nerdy as me but, like my dad, doesn't talk much. Also he's faster and mostly better than me at everything. I can only lose (get destroyed) so much before its just not fun. He plays likes he's in a tournament all the time. He has his own friends and stuff to do without me. Which leaves me with nobody as I have no friends. I haven't found a game store, that's a reasonable distance, where everybody doesn't treat me like I'm not nerdy enough. Everybody I do enjoy talking to prefers my husband. I have some anxiety and awkwardness. I hate small talk and am straightforward. I have been thinking about playing a skype DND game.

People have always just not liked me for some reason. Negative charisma I suppose. My last "friend" just used me as a designated driver and wingman. She blamed me for hanging out with my (then bf) husband while she met some random guy on the internet. Who apparently tried to rape her. I am so far off from girly its not funny. 

And my husbands family just talks to us during holidays that we can give their kids stuff. I can't have kids so we've pretty much dropped off their radar. 

I don't even need somebody to physically be there @.@ like even an internet penpal would work. I usually find dudes and then they find out I'm married and bail.