Jump to content

Grolli

Member Since 05 Feb 2012
Offline Last Active Today, 05:36 AM
-----

#109999 So, that new Halloween

Posted by Grolli on 30 September 2018 - 06:42 PM

Ill probably go see it with my kids.  Wife is not into scary movies.




#109945 all the shirt/shirtless talk

Posted by Grolli on 26 September 2018 - 05:02 PM

and.  :we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"




#109901 all the shirt/shirtless talk

Posted by Grolli on 16 September 2018 - 04:31 PM

SPLEEN!..  holy shit!  you are alive!




#109891 THE DEPRESSION THREAD

Posted by Grolli on 12 September 2018 - 08:12 PM

I watched my son go through the same.  

 

One shit job after another...  I watched his soul die a little, he worked hard..  each job, then he was let go.

 

He was depressed.  I offered my help, he kept refusing.

 

Eventually, he let me assist.

 

We shotgunned 200 resumes out.  

 

it took 3 months, and a boat load of interviews, but now he works at his dream company.  Not the job he wants in the end, but he is advancing.  Last week they offered to pay for him to go to school for his next higher degree.  

 

Bottom line, its out there, and dont loose faith or hope.  If you like, I can review your resume as well. 

 

Dont give up!




#109819 Am I Bi or Pan?

Posted by Grolli on 01 September 2018 - 06:41 AM

Be who you are.  Be happy.  

Affray pretty much nailed it.  Why label?  Does it matter?


#109818 THE DEPRESSION THREAD

Posted by Grolli on 01 September 2018 - 06:38 AM

Ok.  Good to know you are still here.  


#109795 Remote Islands

Posted by Grolli on 25 August 2018 - 11:32 AM

Michigan?  Ew.




#109759 Average posts per day by month

Posted by Grolli on 22 August 2018 - 04:57 PM

wait now..  some of us older members may be interested....




#109717 I just found the COOLEST FUCKING THING EVER

Posted by Grolli on 17 August 2018 - 05:32 AM

Ok..  sooo..  this is pretty bad ass.




#109716 Open your mind to me....

Posted by Grolli on 17 August 2018 - 05:27 AM

Lol. I would like to put you down as a reference, but I think they normally just want Supervisors and Managers that I worked with on the list.

My main problem with being socially awkward is trying to be funny, until realizing what I actually said had no humor behind it whatsoever. People just stare at me like I said something offensive, then it haunts me for about a week until I have the confidence to get back out of my house again.

 

AMEN!  I know this feeling well




#109702 Open your mind to me....

Posted by Grolli on 15 August 2018 - 06:32 PM

true.

 

i will say that I do bite my tongue until asked for my opinion.. about 90% of the time.  The other 10% I end up muttering my opinion to myself.




#109691 Open your mind to me....

Posted by Grolli on 13 August 2018 - 05:15 PM

meh..  we are all socially awkward..  thats why this forum exists.

 

put me down as a reference.  




#109665 Open your mind to me....

Posted by Grolli on 07 August 2018 - 07:58 PM

CCHT..  Damn.  I have no words.

 

MS..  Management dosent seem to really want to be involved.  But..  I like the journal idea.




#109661 Open your mind to me....

Posted by Grolli on 05 August 2018 - 06:47 AM

I understand recognizing hard work.  Really.  My issue is with the folks that are ok with doing a half assed job, and others (ok..  me) have to either fix or finish the job.  Pay is the same.  But the half assers are also the first to complain on any issue.

I say this is an isolated incident, but it's a daily occurrence.  I hate to group it..  but it's also the same age group I started this thread about.  

I guess its just different work ethics.  But it really pisses me off that I have to continually help people out that don't give 2 shits about the work they do..  then bitch at me for not helping sooner.


#109626 Open your mind to me....

Posted by Grolli on 30 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

Ok..  I admit it..  I am old.  (50 is getting close...)

 

However, the people I work with (25 and younger) just don't seem to give a crap about the job. 

 

I am not "in charge".  

 

For example, I work on switch gear, programmed automation, generator systems, logic controls and such.  Another "tech" calls me up, and says "G..  the push-button to test the system dosen't test the system.  Can you come look at it?"  I drive across town, turn the key from "manual to automatic" and boom..  system works as advertised.  I could not even get the kid to look up from his phone long enough to show him what was wrong.

 

Is there no pride in your work anymore?

 

Do I expect too much?

 

Should I say no?  Stop helping?

 

Please..  any feedback is good..  what hair is have left is falling out.

 

Thank you.