907 replies to this topic

#841 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:55 AM

d65f2218be274f8eb11f3fef6fa7c268.png

Good news everyone. My Warrior has overcome her Worgen Affliction and is now fully human again.

Also not as delightfully British. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#842 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:16 AM

Here is a new mog I stirred up this morning. The theme is apparent: red/black and I wanted to try to make 50/50. I'll be working on a major red one sometime soon.

NuqGe1H.jpg

frL2mhL.jpg

#843 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:55 AM

I hit iLevel 810! I can officially do Heroics now.

I mean I'm not going to cos fuck those. But still. Go me! 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#844 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:13 AM

So I basically have some pretty neat gear right now.

item level is currently 816. Not done any heroics either, it's just World Quest. Got my first Epic Upgrade too. Nearly all my gear is Item Level 810 at minimum aside from a Finger item that's still at 785. Need to try and get a replacement for that. 

Also, I posted earlier screenshots so you've seen my armour. It looks cool and all, but it's kind of annoying seeing everyone run around with it. So I've transmogged my gear into something more adventurey. 

b389ca33a88f427eb0a0aca0157ddfb9.png

Unfortunately, I don't seem to get a Blue Skin for my weapons unless I'm PVP focused. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#845 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:23 PM

Considering changing up my ui.

I feel like LUI is pretty basic as far as setups go.

I really like a lot of what ElvUI has to offer in options.

Anyone have any experience with it?

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#846 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:27 PM

I still have not played with mine. I am usually all work when I login, so I been sticking to my usual as it's comfortable. Now that my warrior is waiting for research note orders I started leveling my mage. Almost 104. Just doing class hall stuff and bgs.

And getting my Druid pvp level up. I love/hate what they are doing with pvp. Still have mixed feelings but I want to see what this prestige is all about. Would be nice to find a 3v3 team. Now that I reached Exalted with my guild I might need to find a more proactive one. Especially one that actually has the mounts unlocked.

I wish Mythics had a finder. I understand if Mythic 2+ is a team builder but regular Mythic isn't that bad.

Been so burned out on quests. Still need to hit Revered on the factions, especially Nightfallen. Maybe get my fox mount. And finish my Alchemy quests so I can make flasks... ugh, for someone work oriented I'm really behind.

Tonight I might have to kick it into overdrive and get some real work done. Or pvp and have fun.

#847 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:32 AM

My Warr is rly hot

7a224c9c02f449e2bae9ea0a53870e7c.png 

Also I have no real experience with UIs. I'm gonna get a bigger monitor at christmas so new UIs look better. Everything looks cluttered for mine. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#848 ZBFrosty

ZBFrosty

Bit

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:53 AM

I always wanted to play WoW but i never knew where to register and the requirements for it. If someone can help me id be more than thankfull!

#849 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:12 PM

Well, I did some very minor changes to the basic elvui, but I'm digging it so far.

Second pic is when you afk.

http://imgur.com/a/siQCm

Might tinker with it a bit more later.

obazNZl.gif

#850 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:43 PM

Well, I did some very minor changes to the basic elvui, but I'm digging it so far.

Second pic is when you afk.

http://imgur.com/a/siQCm

Might tinker with it a bit more later.

So is that like when you afk in a game like Skyrim and the camera starts rotating around your character? That's what I'm guessing. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#851 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

Yessir.

She waves when it's initiated and it has an afk timer.

obazNZl.gif

#852 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:32 PM

Really wish the whole EU/US realm thing wasn't split. Probably would be fun to play with members from here. 

I made a Priest and I'm sad that I'll never have the courage to do runs as a healer if I'm joining strangers. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#853 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:08 PM

I agree. With the odd hours I play (which is probably the hours you play) nobody is even online. A couple occasional before work peeps will jump on. That's it.

I've been playing my alts just in BGs. Testing out specs and artifacts. Having a little fun with it and seeing their class hall. Man, Shaman artifacts are so ugly. And so is their class hall and it's small. I mean resto stuff looks alright but not enough. Shaman is once again DEAD to me.

Warlock hall is really cool IMO. Big, too. I haven't really looked at the artifact skins but Demo is boring and I hate the artifact ability. Going to try Afflic which has always been my spec.

Mage hall is pretty cool too. Fire has the best skins IMO. Not really a staff guy anymore. Mage at this point probably still going to be my third.

Death Knight is a predictable class hall :P. Really cool skins. Especially Apocalypse it's probably my favorite! Unholy is fun.

Druid is the best hall IMHO. It's big, beautiful, and has portals all around Azeroth.

Warrior is not what I imagined but amazing. Love how you get there and leave. Super man, anyone?

That's all I've tried so far. Anyone have a favorite hall or artifact yet?

#854 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:14 AM

http://imgur.com/a/YUmkF

I think this is going to be it for now.

I had to find a little LDB  plug in for DPS cause I was so used to LUI, and I prefer my bag addon to ElvUi's bag retooling, but apart from that, I really like it all.

Now to get used to the layout so my dps stops sucking. >.>

obazNZl.gif

#855 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/iung/

Mother of god.

It's so stupid.

I NEED IT

obazNZl.gif

#856 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:19 AM

Man, this expansion is work. I'm finding it hard to will myself to level a third. I really should though to get those research page work orders going. I'm pretty torn because I really like fire mages and unholy DK's. But then I miss so many other specs on my other toons, it sucks. I just try to enjoy them through BGs. RIP Alts.

I'm trying to unlock the hidden appearances but the druid one might not be working for me anymore, IDK. I want my damn owlcat form!

New warrior mog up and running. Skyblue. Note: it does look better with the second tier skin for that sword, which is exactly the same colors only more teeth on the blade? and swirling crystals over the hilt, also same colors. I don't have it unlocked yet. Barely touched my warrior since she hit 110. Uh, it's Relentless Glad? full set with Grievous belts/boots for filler. Summer Sky tabard and artifact weapon.

MhKO7Gu.jpg

Also, this is why I do what I do. Other than LoL I don't get compliments like this in other games, or any sort of appreciation. Does feel good and I do take pride in topping charts and keeping bitches alive.

m3PJ0d6.jpg

Noir have you unlocked the hidden appearances yet?

#857 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 12:35 PM

I know it's dumb to get mad at such a substantial small part of a huge fandom, but can I just say fuck the WoW Reddit. I'm sure you guys know of Erza Phoenix, who was a kid who died in 2008. He's been pretty much immortalised in WoW as Ahab Wheathoof, who is the Tauren who asks if you know who his dog is. 

Today is the anniversary of his death, and I saw a nice little topic remembering him 8 years on. It was lovely. Nice to see so much support and 

Oh wait. People are bitching about it.

"This is about WoW not a dead kid"
"I'm glad cancer was a thing."
"This is just disrespectful. Let the kid rest."

What. The Fuck. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#858 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:20 AM

ATTENTION: I'd like to take the time to give some tips for any new or returning players (to Legion) that may see this.

1) Be patient.

I still stand by my word that this is the best expansion thus far. It is a lot of work, the grind can be repetitive but once you get your ilvl over 830 it gets a lot quicker. One of the main reasons this expansion is the alt killer is not only that, but the amount of class quests and the time to achieve them as well. For example, just to unlock the third relic for your artifacts is a series of class quests which at some point hit a time snag. And then you will need to (i'll add it a spoiler just in case? some people might want to find out the work for themselves.)

Spoiler

2) Work smarter, not harder. Get those research notes going ASAP and make sure you always got one going! Research notes increase your artifact power gain. (4-5 day mission) The first 10 or so traits don't take much at all, but then it works its way up to needing 50k for the next. I think upwards to 100k/trait to unlock each and every one for the skin. My druid just hit 11 research notes...which is I think 875% increase? IDK. But yeah, takes a couple months.

I personally recommend waiting until you're at least 10 notes before clearing Suramar. Why? Suramar quests/achievement progress chains offer a LOT of AP rewards. I did 3-4 of the chains one night at like 9 notes, and walked away 30+ AP items ranging between 1800-7k. Worth putting off.

3) Ask and you shall receive. While in dungeons if loot goes to players that don't need it make sure they know that's an upgrade for you. Gold has become quite trivial since WoD and 99% players don't care about epics that vendor for 30g anymore. I've never seen anyone not trade something they didn't. In past expansions people would need roll things they already have just to try and make an extra 10g on the side. Those were sad days that I never want to see again. Sharing is caring, yo.

4) Just prioritize.

- hit 110

- research notes rolling

- continue class hall quests

- unlock world quests

- unlock third relic

Pick what skins you want to shoot for and go to town. Good luck guys, hope this saves anyone some time and questions.

#859 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:36 PM

EVERY TIME I GET OUT, BLIZZARD

https://imgur.com/a/Wn9Ua

WHAT THE FUCK

Also, lol @pally mount.

obazNZl.gif

#860 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:12 PM

The DK one is awesome. I wish dragons scaled better with taurens. 

nmjUGDL.jpg