• Please log in to reply
907 replies to this topic

#821 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

I used to too, but I heard Outlaw pretty much has no drawback. I'm enjoying it a lot, and I'm topping DPS in dungeons, but it might be my few 90 heirloms. 

Also fun tidbit. I used to be on a forum with a strict language barrier. So if the term assassin ever came up, it was buttbuttin. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#822 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:44 PM

That is fucking hilarious.

Super tempted to rename my rogue ButtButtIn.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#823 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:44 PM

Do it

nmjUGDL.jpg

#824 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:15 PM

Just tried my first BG since like MoP. Went arms, did terrible. 5/4

I can see the possibilities though. Need to get some practice in. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#825 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:37 PM

Dude I am terrible at warrior pvp. Not going to lie. I can eat most melee except for the fucking OP unbalanced DH's. I suck at ranged, I get kited like a nub pretty easy. But in all seriousness I always kinda sucked at melee pvp. I'm a fucking boss on my Mage and healers.

But mages have always been baller. In the past the only thing I really had trouble with was facing off against Locks. A good Warlock can own a great Mage. At least in my experience. DKs are also trouble for mages. I lost a couple arena matches that should have been wins but it's not hard to time a death grip to a blink and lock down a Mage.

#826 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:10 AM

I used to always pvp as a DK. I remember for a few weeks they didn't get skills just right, and I could kill a frost mage at range while rooted. It was awesome. >.>

DKs are really the end all class for pvp though. Got stuns? I have Icebound fortitude. Got magic? I have AMS/AMZ. Got fears? I have lichborn. I just don't like the way they play anymore.

My warrior has always been a tank, though I'd occasionally go arms and smack people around. It just wasn't often enough that I'm picking it back up quickly. 

I didn't go against any DHs, but I killed a few rogues and hunters easy enough. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#827 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:08 PM

3/3 I am the Warsong Gulch flag running champion. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#828 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:52 PM

"You're in combat."

0comBhz.gif

obazNZl.gif

#829 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:30 AM

Maybe I'm just lazy, but when it comes to world quests I just run through mobs, and I think I'm away, but then situations like that arise.

Or I die. I'm always in a rush to try and kill the world boss before they die. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#830 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:00 AM

So, one guild name to actually make me lol so far this year and that winner is...

"Couch Pulls Out I Don't"

Warrior is almost 108. I've been logging in and doing small quest chains at a time, while queue'd for dungeons and BG's. For those curious, a BG win will net you around 60k (I think I got close to 70 for the 40mans) XP total for the entire BG. Which is the same as doing 4 quests, really. So not really faster, but funner. Dungeons are only worth doing if you got the quest for it...even on rested now they really ain't as good as they use to be. Rested is building up real slowly, I think I'm at about 200k left. I might hammer my way to 110 tonight and get it done. Still pondering a race change for fun but IDK what.

Mage is 101. About to do her second artifact quest. I literally just log her for a quick BG or two.

Druid is still just 840, really only logging her for class hall missions, key world quests, daily profession stuff and a quick satchel run if there is one.

How's everyone doing? Any new mounts or phat lewtz?

#831 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:05 PM

How's everyone doing? Any new mounts or phat lewtz?

I finally bit the bullet and did my first dungeon since Wrath of the Lich King. Maw of Souls.

I was very intimidated, actually. Kept worrying I'd mess up - was looking at the guides, and it was a lot information. In fact, I'm pretty sure I forgot it all and started blanking. I remembered to run out of the circles though. No one said anything though, and we finally did it. Had to do it to continue my Class Order Questline. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#832 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:50 PM

Warrior is 110! I did manage to get there before bed. Since I suck at war pvp I tried prot pvp. It's fucking fun lol. I'm kinda stupid on my warrior and prot gives me a way to justify that. I distract entire groups on roads, I run flags, I guard nodes (try that sap) and tank elites. Love it.

Dude one match I captured two flags and then returned two. Huge shield slam crits ftw. But a question to the rest of you warriors ...am I crazy or do they disable versatility on prot warriors in pvp? Because shit I wasn't seeing it in bgs... I think I saw it on my fury and arms.

A question to fellow Druids as well. Have any of you noticed prowl automatically cancels after some time idle? I went afk a few times in remote places and came back out of prowl. No damage done to me. No likey.

#833 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

I finally hit 800 iLevel. 

I mean, I still can't do Heroics but hey - 800 is a nice number. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#834 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:42 PM

It's two times 400!

obazNZl.gif

#835 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:20 PM

I accidentally made my Dragon Soul run on my rogue 25H and I can't kill deathwing. T_T

obazNZl.gif

#836 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:58 PM

Having trouble on Spine or Madness? Just want to make sure.

If it's Madness I can log my priest and heal you in it. If it's spine I can't help because the mechanics change and the hentai tentacles grab people.

I discovered you can't solo SoO or ToT which makes me sad. At least on my Druid I couldn't. Warrior may be a different story.

I got only the first couple bosses down for both.

#837 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:31 AM

Nah, spine I have no issue on.

Go in. Run to front. Kill tentacle. Let big guy spin off. FOK all the little guys by backplate. Kill tentacle. Run big guy over little guys. Kill big guy when he gets to biggest guy. Kill tendon. Run to front. Kill tentacle. Repeat.

Those tentacles are a bitch, yeah.

I got Madness to 6% last night after like 9 tries and he started healing again. I gave up.

I hope I didn't set myself too far back.

Stupid legendary quest.

Thanks for the offer tho.

Yeah, I want to tame the damn TRex from there too.
Plus I need like one more paragon for my mount.

obazNZl.gif

#838 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:59 AM

Going prot is awesome. Granted, I still only tank the Brewfest event lol. I'm scaaarrreeeeddd.

Also, pvp prot is amazing. Yeah I don't do much in BGs like Mines where I don't have an actual tank role. I distract teams and make them fight outside circles as best I can. But in other BG's like flag running, this is the kinda shit I throw down all the time

iU13B4Y.jpeg

I'M BEAST MODE. But it's all team effort, folks. One tank alone in a field of mines spells doom.

Also, I had a nice little convo this morning and I'd just like to shout out to all the people who are nice to newbz. Thank you. I had the honor of teaching a noob all about toys and some other things in game. Really didn't take up much of my time at all. It always feels rewarding to be the teacher and I don't understand how some people can be such dicks to noobs. That's the one of the best things about the game, being social and making new friends.

Another lol moment this morning when I was doing a quick world quest on my druid I healed a rogue being attacked by a shaman and after we put that poor guy to rest we started tagging mobs together, finished the quest and parted ways, then moments later a Monk torpedos in on me and start striking me, I toss a few hots and lo and behold the rogue comes out of nowhere and rips his face off. It's just one of those...

Good karma things, I guess. Feels good to look out for your fellow players. I mean, I never leave an Alliance stranded in the field of battle (I do love world pvp when it's not ridiculous) and that's why I'm resto 80% of my time out in the world. Very satisfying. It's just not often I get to see it paid forward that quickly. I didn't even hit the monk, I just kinda leaned back in my office chair all...

"Yeah I got friends, buddy."

(Inner voice) No you don't

"YEAH I D...I CAN HOPE DAMMIT"

Also, the Brewfest items are only 810 which is a real bummer. I was hoping they'd be heroic level at least.

#839 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:45 PM

I may have had a slow moment where I ran to fight the current World Boss (it's in the water? Forgot it's name) and I had my Beer Stein from Brewfest equipped as a weapon. Whoops.

In other news, I lost most of my swanky purple gear:

2d0d63d0bf2c481e852834a16509edcb.png

Might be time for a transmogrify but I kinda like these colours too. Just gotta change up the entire costume. I also still hate my Worgen's appearance and would rather be hooman. Dare I spend £20 for just that? I just can't. 

Blizzard don't do Race Changes like they used to do Realm Changes, do they? 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#840 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:16 PM

Yeah I want to be human female too. Well, my plan is:

Convert warrior to human female. I thought about gnome but plate never really looked the best on them.
Convert Sham to Draenei female.
Convert DK to...something else. I already have two human males. Don't like the other Alliance males. Might even save as a potential Horde.

IDK I like the idea of change because alts are so much work. Yeah, research notes help. As long as you're really patient you can farm faster on alts. I miss my Mage and warlock now... But UGH. I want to dominate and not have to farm 100k power on each.

Well, LFR is out. Stupid easy too. Loot is same ilvl as world quests. I didn't get any but topped charts. I take pride healing, anyways.

There are people already sporting Mythic 4 items... Guess I should be doing more mythics.

EDIT: everything is located in the shop now and is instant (I think) a race/faction change might still take 20 minutes.