149 replies to this topic

#61 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:59 AM

Another confession. The Phantom Menace was the first Star Wars I ever saw and it remains my favorite.

Haha, don't worry. My confession: I've never seen a Star Wars movie to the end. I tried to watch one of them on TV once, left before it was over.

#62 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

I have an irrational fear of needles. I've been scraped, cut, bruised and broken in all manner of ways without issue, but poke me with a tiny syringe and I struggle to stay conscious. Oddly, the big horse needles dentist use don't bother me at all.

nmjUGDL.jpg

#63 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

it really is the ultimate score. They didn't just rob their children, they robbed their childrens children while they had their hand in the cookie jar.

Meanwhile they tell our parents that we're just lazy and not trying hard enough, meanwhile many of the people in our parents still haven't gotten over the 80's and 90's and don't realize how bad things really are.

They essentially mortgaged our welfare for their own comfort, and then turned around and called everyone else lazy good for nothing bums due to the state of the economy, that they raped.

Capitalism.

Also, I stumbled upon this yesterday, pretty good read, and relevant.

http://www.cracked.c...atistically-bs/

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#64 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

I have an irrational fear of needles. I've been scraped, cut, bruised and broken in all manner of ways without issue, but poke me with a tiny syringe and I struggle to stay conscious. Oddly, the big horse needles dentist use don't bother me at all.

You wouldn't believe how many people are afraid of needles. Part of my job is drawing blood and I've seriously lost count how many people I've had pass out.  I've been puked on and peed on because some people can't control what is happening to their bodies lol

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#65 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

OH MY GOD ME TOO! When I was in the hospital I was basically crying 24/7 because I had to have so much blood drawn and I had an IV. I almost passed out at one point. I can't even watch someone get a shot in a tv show or movie.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#66 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

When I get blood drawn, I have to lie down because I have passed out.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#67 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

When I get blood drawn, I have to lie down because I have passed out.

It feels weird but I like watching it go into the tube.

#68 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

This is going to sound really crazy but I LOVE watching the needle go into people's arms and then when you pop that tube on and just watch it squirt into the tube.  Greatest thing ever.  I <3 blood.

#69 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

Dat haemoglobin.

#70 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

The white cells are my favorite, especially blasts ^_^

#71 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

This is going to sound really crazy but I LOVE watching the needle go into people's arms and then when you pop that tube on and just watch it squirt into the tube.  Greatest thing ever.  I <3 blood.

Any time I have ever donated blood or had any sort of medical whatnot done to me I have to watch.

It is way to fascinating to ignore.

When I almost cut the end of my own finger off a few years ago I watched when the doctor gave me two needles between my fingers to numb me, then jammed a pair of tweezers down the end of my lacerated finger to try and grab the end of my tendon and pull it back down straight so it could be sutured back to the end of my finger.

I watched, the whole, damn, thing.

The doctor was a little weirded out.

Though when my dad dropped a chainsaw on his leg and had to get some stitches he yelled "Aaaaah! What are you doing! This guy is a butcher! A monster with some thread!" out toward the waiting room whilst being stitched up and laughing the whole time. He met some small child in the waiting room who also needed some stitches and thought it would be funny. It was. The doctor told him that he is used to jokers, but they usually wait until the stitches are done to screw around. So pain tolerance and a fascination with personal gore just might be genetic.

Also, with my nearly lost finger portion, I apparently pulled some Wolverine healing shit and the tendon in my finger (that I completely cut and had snapped up in to the top part of my finger) had somehow healed itself back together and I have full finger function. They said I would need surgery to open my finger, grab the tendon, stretch it out, sew it to the other end of the tendon, put me back together, then a bunch of physiotherapy after ward. I went for my surgery consultation (two weeks after the injury) and they noticed I could move my finger like normal and thought I already had surgery. I confused a plastic surgeon, two nurses and a physiotherapist. They didn't understand how my finger just sort of righted itself and now I get to brag about my healing powers. I also rarely get sick (maybe a cold once every five years), heal minor flesh wounds in hours, and have the ability to eat nearly anything even remotely close to food.

Awkward confessions has now become awesome confessions.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#72 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

I used to heal super-quickly. I attributed it to the fact that I was scraping myself off the pavement every few weeks during the summer from age 6 onward. I think I lost the ability, though.

#73 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

The body tends to not spring back as quickly with age lol

#74 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for reminding me I'm old, Cass!

#75 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

Hey I'm old too if it makes you feel better lol

#76 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:09 PM

Yeah I'm not old and I heal really freaking quick. It's a gift.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#77 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

Enjoy it while you can, you young whipper snapper lol

#78 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for reminding me I'm old, Cass!

I am currently 26 and still heal at a very quick rate.

So though age definitely has a lot to do with it, I firmly believe that your mentality has a lot to do with how fast people snap back from any sort of injury.

#79 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

When under 30s say they're old. Come on chaps you're not old you in you're bloody prime! You don't get the right to say you're old without being laughed at until you're in your 50s, imho. :P

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#80 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

Okay, yeah, well, you much be right, Affray and Gol, but.

No, full stop, you're right. I'm bloody 27. So what if the cashier at the market was born in 1997, c'est la vie.