#101 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

Over 10 months jobless for me now, too.

The empty promises are hard to take sometimes.

Steampunk hit it on the head. We ARE awesome, so why are we invisible?

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#102 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

I don't know, but I know the youth unemployment (16-25) rate in my province is somewhere between 16-20% so I'm not the only one here who's awesome but invisible.

5A5DjRW.gif

#103 steampunkgrrrl

steampunkgrrrl

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSouthwest AL

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

I think it might be because we're a different breed than the generation before us, and that breeds not only contempt but fear. We know more than they ever did technology wise and we're quick to adapt and change because we have to.
card.png

#104 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

International governments are raising the retirement age to compensate for increased life spans. This means the poor older folk are working right up until their deaths and the younger generation can't get the jobs other people should be retiring for.

Government 1 - Rational Thought 0

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#105 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

I don't know, but I know the youth unemployment (16-25) rate in my province is somewhere between 16-20% so I'm not the only one here who's awesome but invisible.

Why the hell aren't you using this ability to be both awesome and invisiable at the same time to get work?

You could literally start the Canadian X-Men.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#106 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

I thought I would post on here because I've been slipping into a deep depression and everyone I try to talk to just tells me it will get better soon and I don't know that answer just makes me angry. So about a month ago my boyfriend of two years (who I live with) decided to break up with me because "I'm not the kind of person he wants to have a family with" ... Who says that to someone? Can I be that horrible of a person? So I've tried to deal with it and move on but the major problem is that we still live together (our lease isn't up for another 2 months) and I hate seeing him living his stupid happy life when all I can think about it wanting to smother him in his sleep. I hate feeling uncomfortable in my own house.  Anyone have any tips on how to deal or should I just smother him??

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#107 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

I thought I would post on here because I've been slipping into a deep depression and everyone I try to talk to just tells me it will get better soon and I don't know that answer just makes me angry. So about a month ago my boyfriend of two years (who I live with) decided to break up with me because "I'm not the kind of person he wants to have a family with" ... Who says that to someone? Can I be that horrible of a person? So I've tried to deal with it and move on but the major problem is that we still live together (our lease isn't up for another 2 months) and I hate seeing him living his stupid happy life when all I can think about it wanting to smother him in his sleep. I hate feeling uncomfortable in my own house.  Anyone have any tips on how to deal or should I just smother him??

Step one: No murder.

I am sure it would feel great and make sense in the moment.

But prison really is not what you want to be your legacy.

Being uncomfortable in your own home is definitely shit, no matter the reason.

So unless you have someone who's house you can crash at for the remainder of the lease you are just going to have to tough it out and learn how to blank out your boyfriend's presence. My immediate reflex when life hands me a heaping load of shit is to be pissed off for about a day, then move on and hurdle that shit like it wasn't even a problem in the first place. You don't want any of that talk though, which I completely understand. Sometimes there isn't much that someone can say to change a mind or an opinion, but I will say that shit like what you are dealing with will only make you a stronger and more capable person when all is said and done. Sometimes life flips you over and gives you an ass kicking. But, sometimes it turns out okay afterward and you find new stuff to enjoy.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#108 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

I suppose you are right.... The only person I am making miserable is myself. I guess I just have to face the situation head on and move on.  The only sucky part is I'm a huge creature of habit and this is ruining my whole flow. Damn my nature!!

#109 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:58 AM

I really understand what you're going through, as I was in the same position a few years ago! There really was no getting out of it.. What I did was just focus on myself and be as selfish as I possibly could. (Pretty sure I failed miserably at it, I'm just not xD) Since you're not responsible for what he does, you should try your best to prioritize yourself and be confident ^^ I'm so sorry to hear about the break up and I hope you will be alright :(

Note: You're all fantastic and let's hope lots of jobs become available for you guys! 

#110 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:02 AM

wow, that sounds awesome, what kind of gig did you play? Congrats on blowing them all away :)

Finally, I had an idea today about the possibility of making a sister-thread to this one, called "the joyful thread" or something, where we can count our blessings so to speak. Not in any way to discredit the validity of this thread, but as a reminder that there is also an abundance of good in the world. I know one thing I would post would be that I made someone laugh today- not sure whether he was laughing at me or with me, but laughter none the less :P Or things like, I saw something and it just made me smile, stuff like that.

Would anyone be interested in this?

Anway, sorry for the long rant.

Ps. Sincerely hope it wasn't out of line to say any of that. If so, please tell me and I'll apologize and be sure to take it down.

I would DOMINATE that thread. :D

Apologies for double-posting! x.x

#111 steampunkgrrrl

steampunkgrrrl

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSouthwest AL

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

oh murdering people in their sleep...I miss those days.

Anyway, is that when the depression began? If not, you can talk to a therapist even if it's just someone to talk to. People will say it will get better because they really don't know what else to say to you. You can kick him out if you're able to take care of rent and bills yourself, which is what I would do. Also, you can throw loud and obnoxious parties and generally annoy yhe piss out of him, which I also would do. I'm a bit of a bitch. But yeah, I would try to make the remaining twomonths ones he'll never forget.
card.png

#112 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

Thank you for the advise everyone! I'm trying to take it just one day at a time and hope that not every day I want to punch him in his stupid face. I'm throwing myself into looking for a new place and focusing on my job. I'm hoping one day my heart will stop hurting.

#113 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

If it helps, it will, eventually. Just don't try to rush it.

#114 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

If it helps, it will, eventually. Just don't try to rush it.

I won't. Thank you ^_^

#115 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

wow, that sounds awesome, what kind of gig did you play? Congrats on blowing them all away  :)

Thanks. :) It wasn't a gig. I received a music award and did a song after my speech. Usually I'm not nervous but being unprepared really made me sweat. But it turned out well!!! Yay!

Basically, don't keep it bottled up!!

I couldn't agree more. Bottling up your emotions is never good. One of my friends hung himself in 2005 because his girlfriend left him. No one ever thought that in a million years he would ever do something like that. His best friend didn't have a clue, neither did his parents. Had he talked to someone I think the outcome would have been different. That's why I say. It's always good to talk to someone. For some reason it's always good to hear or even read what's on your mind..... And I love having a second opinion. That's why people get others to proof read their essay. ;)

Finally, I had an idea today about the possibility of making a sister-thread to this one, called "the joyful thread" or something, where we can count our blessings so to speak. Not in any way to discredit the validity of this thread, but as a reminder that there is also an abundance of good in the world. I know one thing I would post would be that I made someone laugh today- not sure whether he was laughing at me or with me, but laughter none the less  :P Or things like, I saw something and it just made me smile, stuff like that.

Would anyone be interested in this?

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

YES! YES! GOD YES!

Like Mario to Bowser. Sonic to Shadow. Goku to Vegeta. Wreck-it-Ralph to Fix-it-Felix. 

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#116 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

In my old forum, we had a "What do you want to celebrate?" thread. It was anything from births to an open bottle of wine.

#117 theDaftDev

theDaftDev

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationParis

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

In my old forum, we had a "What do you want to celebrate?" thread. It was anything from births to an open bottle of wine.

Well I guess I could provide the wine :> !

userbar.gif

#118 steampunkgrrrl

steampunkgrrrl

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSouthwest AL

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

Yay Booze!
card.png

#119 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

I have some problems too. Of course, I'm just a stupid teenager, but still. I went through a really dark, depressing, self-hating phase during which I attempted suicide 4 times, and I'm still not completely out of it. Basically, I was friendless and bullied and I only got out of it due to some friends who I'm now unbelievably close to, and one of which I'm currently dating. So things are looking up for me.

fl9Uov4.gif

#120 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:04 PM

I have some problems too. Of course, I'm just a stupid teenager, but still. I went through a really dark, depressing, self-hating phase during which I attempted suicide 4 times, and I'm still not completely out of it. Basically, I was friendless and bullied and I only got out of it due to some friends who I'm now unbelievably close to, and one of which I'm currently dating. So things are looking up for me.

fl9Uov4.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression, sadness, confused, rob$tar