1682 replies to this topic

#61 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Heh, if I could afford to travel I would consider that for sure lol.

Now is the time to do stuff like that.

Money may not be abundant currently, but the future will most likely hold stuff like a girlfriend/wife, house, kids, job.

Things that hold you down to one place.

Which makes now the most opportune time to piss off somewhere on your own, get a kitchen job to pay the bills, and live the shit out of your life for a few good years.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#62 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Money may not be abundant currently, but the future will most likely hold stuff like a girlfriend/wife, house, kids, job.

Which makes now the most opportune time to piss off somewhere on your own, get a kitchen job to pay the bills, and live the shit out of your life for a few good years.

Exactly my opinion.. Traveling is amazing and there's always a way to get some money. also couchsurfing is a good way to get a place to crash. As an alternative you can always just impose on every member of this forum who owns a couch ;)

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#63 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

Hell if I have my own apartment as planned, when I return to the UK there's a whole host of people I'd love to come crash on my couch from NF.

And some in my bed....

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#64 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

Hell if I have my own apartment as planned, when I return to the UK there's a whole host of people I'd love to come crash on my couch from NF.

And some in my bed....

I am keeping a mental tally of every member that seems like they would lend me some couch and where they live.

Just in case I ever end up in their country for some reason and don't want to waste money on a hotel room.

Plus, I would love to actually meet my fellow nerds face to face some day.

If I ever win the lottery and have no more money worries I am going to set up a gathering of the minds where we can all spend a week chilling out and doing nothing in particular, on my dime of course.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#65 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

Eh, I'm not much of a fan of traveling so I'm not too concerned about it. Nor am I concerned about dating.

Also, I do not want kids so that is not a factor I will have to deal with.

5A5DjRW.gif

#66 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Eh, I'm not much of a fan of traveling so I'm not too concerned about it. Nor am I concerned about dating.

Also, I do not want kids so that is not a factor I will have to deal with.

Things change my friend, things change quickly and all at once.

You will find someone that is exactly what you want without you even knowing it yet, and you will want to make little copies of yourself and teach them all the neat stuff you have learned so far.

When I was a bit younger I was the same way.

Never really cared about traveling, I was prety content being where I was.

Now I have an itch to go places that I scratch from time to time with excellent camping trips and big ass hikes.

But I still wish I hadn't spend so much time working my ass off and more time galavanting further away than my county.

#67 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

You will find someone that is exactly what you want without you even knowing it yet, and you will want to make little copies of yourself and teach them all the neat stuff you have learned so far.

Now I have an itch to go places that I scratch from time to time with excellent camping trips and big ass hikes.

But I still wish I hadn't spend so much time working my ass off and more time galavanting further away than my county.

^This

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#68 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:00 AM

You are really good at putting words to things, I couldn't have said it any better..

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#69 Happymaker

Happymaker

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:29 AM

I am keeping a mental tally of every member that seems like they would lend me some couch and where they live.

Just in case I ever end up in their country for some reason and don't want to waste money on a hotel room.

Plus, I would love to actually meet my fellow nerds face to face some day.

If I ever win the lottery and have no more money worries I am going to set up a gathering of the minds where we can all spend a week chilling out and doing nothing in particular, on my dime of course.

that sounds like a lot of fun  B)

Imagination is intelligence having fun.

#70 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

And some in my bed....

Well, hello there.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#71 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

Swear to you, Gol, you and I ever single at the same time...

#72 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

We have a back up plan? X3

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#73 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

You are really good at putting words to things, I couldn't have said it any better..

Many thanks.

Sometimes the words just line up real pretty-like.

#74 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

Eh I basically spent my childhood and teenage years travelling between homes because my parents are divorced, I'm honestly pretty fucking tired of travel. I don't want kids, I can't stand them and I know I would make a shitty father anyways.

5A5DjRW.gif

#75 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

I don't want kids, I can't stand them and I know I would make a shitty father anyways.

Why's that? I think kids are awesome. I plan on having a couple when I'm in my 30's. 

But not right now. I love doing my own thing and having zero responsibilities. 

#76 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

I like having a child. I still hate other people's kids, but meh.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#77 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

I like having a child. I still hate other people's kids, but meh.

Most people are the same.

I never want to be overexposed to other people's kids, they usually annoy me.

#78 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

Goooood, my girlfriend is more adorable in person than I could have expected, the downtown city is gorgeous and we live like, two minutes from the woods. Happy Gol is happy.

Fuck you depression!! X3

Amen. I'm super happy atm :) :) :)

FUCK DEPRESSION!!!!!

Probably coz I haven't had a smoke in a month. I feel great. My lungs feel great!!!!

#79 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

I just wanted to unload without creating a new topic:

I've been studying compEng for just under 3 years now, and I was doing well up until this semester. I just feel so mediocre now. When all my classmates seem like they're succeeding, I'm not getting near the class average on tests, my grades are slipping, everyone else has secured a job for the work term in the spring and I've had only one job interview so far. There's so many interests that I'd like to pursue in my free time but I have no free time. I feel so useless. I've come so far, I feel like I identify myself as a compEng student after three years and my family and friends are so proud and they think I'm so smart and I just feel so stupid and like I'm letting them down and living a lie. I don't want to quit, I really do enjoy the majority of my classes (with the exception of circuits) but some small part of me wants to fail my exams in April so I can take the rest of the year off and focus on my other interests and growing as a person. I went straight from high school to university and I'm so tired of studying. I feel like even if I just took the rest of the year off I'd be refreshed to try again in January when the courses become available again. I won't intentionally fail but I'm starting to think I won't be devastated if I don't end up passing.

#80 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

Oh, Sushi...

Sounds like you're burning out...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression, sadness, confused, rob$tar