1682 replies to this topic

#601 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:58 AM

Well, I'm starting to not like this job. Being up all night and sleeping all day is starting to get to me a little I think.

What job might that be?

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#602 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:09 AM

Overnight stocking at walmart. Probably explaibs why I hate it.

5A5DjRW.gif

#603 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:14 AM

Yeah that sounds like a big pile of bullshit.

Money is money though, and sooner or later you will find a job you can tolerate.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#604 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:17 AM

I'm not so much depresssed, moreso fustrated at myself: I have a lot of ideas written down, but whenever I try starting work on the actual story, I have trouble with how to start it: I can't write introductions to save my life because my mind goes "No, no, that's a terrible way to start it off, what about this o - No, wait, that's no good either." and I just get fustrated and throw up my hands and hope a good idea comes back later. Pretty much an endless cycle. I know, I know, first world problem, but I just needed to vent about it because it's been getting REALLY fustrating lately.

TLDR: Introductions are haaaaaard.

2pphi03.gif

#605 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:51 AM

My house literally looks like a garbage dump

I can't understand all the rules for calculating vector products (Who knew there was a difference between cross and dot products of vectors?)

I feel like I'm going to get overwhelmed with school work

Which is making me think I'm not smart enough to keep doing this
My brother keeps eating my food

I keep going back that that place where I want to do nothing but cry, or break things
and I feel like I'm going to die alone because no one loves me.

Because I can...

#606 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:12 AM

Have you considered changing the locks whilst he's out? Also sure vector products might be hard, I mean damn I've never even heard of it, that's not to say you can't do it. I can't exactly help you there, all I can say is that judging by your knowledge of things I couldn't even understand the basics off, you'll be okay if you'll keep at it. Oh and in that vain, don't be daft about the last thing; you're a catch! ;D

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#607 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

I agree, you're brilliant, beautiful and I'm sorry about your brother.. He sounds awful!
You can do this girl. I with I cou help but I as well, have no idea. But I felt you should know that any body would be lucky to have you and you just need to see that.

Ginger, is the spice of life

#608 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:21 AM

I'm not so much depresssed, moreso fustrated at myself: I have a lot of ideas written down, but whenever I try starting work on the actual story, I have trouble with how to start it: I can't write introductions to save my life because my mind goes "No, no, that's a terrible way to start it off, what about this o - No, wait, that's no good either." and I just get fustrated and throw up my hands and hope a good idea comes back later. Pretty much an endless cycle. I know, I know, first world problem, but I just needed to vent about it because it's been getting REALLY fustrating lately.

I'm sorry about your writing. I have no idea how to help, but when I read I like when they start with a question or a scene of something huge, but with nothing to give away the story. A reason to read more.. Sorry of I was no help

#609 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:28 AM

I'm sorry about your writing. I have no idea how to help, but when I read I like when they start with a question or a scene of something huge, but with nothing to give away the story. A reason to read more.. Sorry of I was no help

That...Honestly helps a lot, actually. Thank you. :)

2pphi03.gif

#610 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:37 AM

Great! I'm glad! I love reading, but my extremely busy life prevents it.. Glad I cou help :D

#611 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

When you have a few intros that you can't decide on, or think they are shit, post them on here for some input.

Most of us write in some fashion and are more than happy to give some input.

Plus, your intros might be good and you are just kicking your own ass because they aren't up to your own standards of excellence.

My house literally looks like a garbage dump

I can't understand all the rules for calculating vector products (Who knew there was a difference between cross and dot products of vectors?)

I feel like I'm going to get overwhelmed with school work

Which is making me think I'm not smart enough to keep doing this
My brother keeps eating my food

I keep going back that that place where I want to do nothing but cry, or break things
and I feel like I'm going to die alone because no one loves me.

It really sounds like your brother needs to be gone from your environment.

Every single time you get all flustered with life he seems to be the main problem.

Is there anything at all that could be done to get his ass out of the scene?

Your other qualms are almost definitely just normal jitters and self doubt.

You are perfectly fine as a person and smart enough to make me read your science related posts a few times over before I get them, and I'm no dummy.

Sooner or later you will come out on top of the fray and request the highest of fives, and we will be here to deliver.

#612 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

*Forum five*

#613 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

Have you considered changing the locks whilst he's out?

It really sounds like your brother needs to be gone from your environment.

Every single time you get all flustered with life he seems to be the main problem.

Is there anything at all that could be done to get his ass out of the scene?

I am stuck and it's like I'm being punished for it.
I live with him in my mother's rental home. No real tenancy, no real paperwork and my mother knows how much of a shit he is and wont do her real job of motherly discipline.
So getting rid of him is impossible. If I change the locks, he can call the cops and there will be a problem.
I can't call the cops on him because he lives here and I can't actually claim he's trespassing because they will call my mother and she being a huge wuss she is, will claim that he actually lives there.

The only options are either put up with his abuse of the general space of this house and my psyche, or move away, which is fucking annoying because the deal I have with my mother about this house, is a nice one, due to the limited cash I get fortnightly from the government.

Because I can...

#614 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:48 PM

First off, I love that you said fortnightly.

That is a shit sandwich of a situation, but it doesn't necessarily mean that you are trapped.

You can be temporarily held up without  being fully trapped there.

I have no suggestions on how to deal with your brother that aren't illegal unfortunately.

#615 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:27 PM

You're the second person to say that and I don't get why...

Because I can...

#616 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:56 PM

You're the second person to say that and I don't get why...

Way up here in the Great White North, people don't usually use the term fortnight.

So it is a treat when I get to hear it used in legitimate conversation.

#617 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

I love you, Rose.

GOD, I hate your family.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#618 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:53 PM

wow

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#619 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:38 PM

Introductions are super hard, but you don't have to start at the introduction, you can work on another part of the story, get a feel for your characters, and go back and write the intro another time. That's what I usually do.

#620 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:55 PM

I don't get it. Must be common amongst NZ/Australiana lingo and foreign to the United States of Canada. :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anywho I thought this would be quite fitting for the topic at hand, brought to you by Jontron's younger brother (not really) 

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression, sadness, confused, rob$tar