Ginger, is the spice of life

#562 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:14 PM

Sometimes shitty things are shitty Krys, but sooner or later they come around to your side.

Once you manage to get some money banked and strike it out on your own somewhere you are going to feel so awesome you will be able to high five a rainbow.

My parents are about as good as parents get in a great many regards, but when I was living with them I wanted to slap the shit out of them from time to time.

So I can imagine that having less than perfect parents would make things even tougher to tolerate.

You just need to get to that point in your life where you are independent and entirely your own person.

Then you will be able to appreciate yourself for yourself.

Also, the way you talk about your artwork is the same way every artist that is worth their salt talks about their artwork.

Usually people are their own worst critic.

Alraune: I understand the hostility toward people with a certain self destructive mindset.

I sometimes wish that I could give the people in my life that tend to wallow in their own self pity a good hard shake and transfer some of my own give em hell attitude in to their brain. Maybe make them belligerent enough toward their own negativity so that they can begin to move forward toward some good thoughts.

However, that usually isn't what they need or want to hear.

People who are suffering and miserable generally don't respond well to the whole cold cock of brutal honesty thing.

So, I understand your reaction, because it is how I react to people who do things that I see as below my standards for how someone should act.

Maybe next time take a step back and gauge whether or not a harsh reaction will actually do any good or not.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#563 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:42 PM

Sometimes shitty things are shitty Krys, but sooner or later they come around to your side.

Once you manage to get some money banked and strike it out on your own somewhere you are going to feel so awesome you will be able to high five a rainbow.

My parents are about as good as parents get in a great many regards, but when I was living with them I wanted to slap the shit out of them from time to time.

So I can imagine that having less than perfect parents would make things even tougher to tolerate.

You just need to get to that point in your life where you are independent and entirely your own person.

Then you will be able to appreciate yourself for yourself.

Also, the way you talk about your artwork is the same way every artist that is worth their salt talks about their artwork.

Usually people are their own worst critic.

Alraune: I understand the hostility toward people with a certain self destructive mindset.

I sometimes wish that I could give the people in my life that tend to wallow in their own self pity a good hard shake and transfer some of my own give em hell attitude in to their brain. Maybe make them belligerent enough toward their own negativity so that they can begin to move forward toward some good thoughts.

However, that usually isn't what they need or want to hear.

People who are suffering and miserable generally don't respond well to the whole cold cock of brutal honesty thing.

So, I understand your reaction, because it is how I react to people who do things that I see as below my standards for how someone should act.

Maybe next time take a step back and gauge whether or not a harsh reaction will actually do any good or not.

im real tired right now, so probs some of the things i say may sound incoherent but i wanted to reply before i passed out. anyways, i know this. i seek comfort in the idea of a better future, in which im happier and doing the things i enjoy, etc, etc. i know life gets better, depending on the person's mindset and will to carry on, im not self consuming or wallowing in self pity. i know it gets better, and im planning on it to get better, because i have goals and dreams. lots of em. so like its not that im drowning in sadness and complaining on how hard life is right now or what i can or cannot do, that post was literally a rant because at the time i wrote it, i had nobody to talk to and i just wanted to let it all out in a way that i could feel better for not bottling it up. you guys seem to have the idea that im one of the self harmers that cut deep to the point where blood spills everywhere, and thats not the case. tho i can understand why that would be the first impression since i didnt give much details on how i go on about it (didnt think itd be relevant till now), since the web has it labeled as this hardcore arm chopping thing. 

the way i do this, is literaly so ridiculously harmless that the cuts disappear within weeks or days even. because im not one to go through the unnecessary extra trouble of serious injuries. they can compare to playing with a cat, tbh. to me, seeing red on my skin is literally a form of comfort because i have a thing for that, and its what soothes me, just like how people seek comfort and zen when smoking, etc. its a different and i guess morbid way to relax but its how i like to do it. i dont need to explain myself further-- just wanted to be clear on that aspect. 

i didnt mention self harm to gain attention and frankly i thought itd be disregarded. i dont need a slap in the face to get my spirits up, because my spirits are pretty high. im aware that once certain things happen, im getting the fuck out of here and starting anew. im not suicidal nor do i have a self destructive mindset.

and in regards to my art, im know very well that im more expereinced than otheres, and w/e and i know im bound o get better and better as time passes and im super proud of how far ive gotten but it just bothers me sometimes that im not as good as i wish i was at the current moment and thats totes to be expected. i mean wtf, you cant expect someone to get as good as they want without practice but you cant also expect the same person to be content all the time. i know im gonna get better and i dont plan on giving up, not ever, arts my biigest passion so its not like im gonna cry myself to sleep cuss im not best artis and quit and self harm so much i lose my arms, ugh no. 

i. was. just. ranting.

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#564 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

You can rant all you like, and we will listen.

That is sort of the whole purpose of this thread after all.

Sometimes a good rant is all that is needed to get past an annoying patch.

Sorry if I came off as condescending in my post, I was just throwing some words at what you said.

I am not too worried about your self harm stuff by the way.

I do not like it when people partake in such practices, but there are definitely varying degrees of severity, and yours seems to be pretty damn mild.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#565 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:34 PM

I know exactly how you feel, I used to do exactly the same thing with cutting, so my hands and arms don't have such visible cuts. When my friends used to ask me about it, I said the cat did it, even though the cuts were way too straight to be made by a cat.

But I don't do it anymore, because my life changed and I don't feel like I need to do it anymore.

So I know how it feels, I understand.

Because I can...

#566 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

As opposed to "aww i hope it gets better for u"? Depression is shit, but sometimes you need a smack in the face to make you realise a lot of things. I wish people were firm with me when I was younger, I'd have done a lot better, probably.

Of course, focusing on my tone and not the message behind it works too, so go ahead.

As harsh as her message was I actually really agree.

Sometimes you just need a good dose of 'wake the fuck up'

I think my mate put it into perspective for me.

My 1st missus left me bout 5 years ago, for about 3 months I was this sad wreck.

Anyone I would talk to I would mope and be really depressing.

One day he snapped and said, "fuck man, I can't stand listening to you be all negative and shit, it's depressing. You can either be a shit cunt and be a downer all the time or you can get over yourself and do something about it, she's probably not lost any sleep over you and fucking another dude as we speak and enjoying it"

I was angry at him at 1st, then it sorta hit me, instead of drinking that cup of fear and loathing I was guna get up and do something about it. Took a long time to get back on my feet, but eventually I did. One day at a time.....

I like you Krys, very much, I think you're hilarious, and I don't judge, all I can say is that when you hit rock bottom, there's only up from here on out. 

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#567 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:19 PM

please redirect yourself to pretty much all 3 of my last posts here. i said everything i needed to say and explained various crap (that i didnt need to explain tbh). youre beating a dead horse at this point. next post someone makes regarding what i said, im just going to ignore it because clearly if a comment needs to be made about it, then said person is either ignoring it, or not being able to process it apparently?? enough about my self harm omg. 

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#568 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:55 PM

I agree, ease up. This is a place for support, not learn a lesson. To move the subject, I just watched 50 shades of grey. I read the books, I think it was tastefully sexy and I enjoy myself :D

#569 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:15 AM

As long as you realize that both the movie and the book are NOT good representations of BDSM, we're cool.

I mean, I've never really been into thriller/horror novels, but everyone has their opinions. :)

(Please take note that I don't think less of you for liking it, it's just that there are certain works that push my buttons and I just feel the need to express my dislike of them for whatever the reason *EX: Twilight presenting stalking and abuse as love, 50 Shades Of Grey for getting many, many things about BDSM wrong... oh and presenting stalking and abuse as love. Notice a trend?*)

2pphi03.gif

#570 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:12 AM

I do know that it's not. My mom is open with me about her lifestyle with BDSM. I also understand the stalking and abuse. But I dont truly see the abuse. 50 shades is rumored to be a fan writing from twilight, which is why there are many "milestones"? In both that meet up. I Think the being everywhere is supposed to be like "oh he can't stay away, I must be irresistible" but obviously some people don't see it/read it that way. It's A fantasy about a troubled man with the world in his hands. The normal, regular girl has a chance with. She has to sooth his heart to tame his lack of copping (cope-ing?) skills. Hes rich and money is expendable, he owns his own business, so he has time.. A lot of women like to be swept off their feet, which he does, so nicely (oh yea!) Shes taken care of (he's in control) it's a fantasy, not necessarily a reality that women want to live.. I would love to be tied up, or down to anything and taken, spanked, choked, scratched, blindfolded.. And there are a lot of women who would to.. Especially by a sexy rich man who surprises them at every turn. In conclusion, I am an adult and I read an adult book, enjoyed it for what it was, and didn't tear it apart in every detail.

#571 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:21 AM

I understand. You gave a well-written and sensible defense and I admire you for that. :).

You have every right to like it. I apologize if I came off as antagonizing or mean.

2pphi03.gif

#572 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:24 AM

No, it's 3:30 in the morning, so if I came off annoyed I'm sorry :) thank you

#573 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:26 AM

No probs. :)

2pphi03.gif

#574 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:29 AM

I can't sleep

#575 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:48 AM

look at cat photos until hypnotized by cats. Then realize that cats want you to sleep

accept the will of the cats

there is no other will

2pphi03.gif

#576 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:50 AM

I've never actually read 50 Shades (big surprise) so I can't comment on its literary value. I've heard it's nothing special, that it's poorly written and doesn't deserve the furore some people are granting it. In terms of erotic novels 50 Shades is pissing in the wind and honestly I couldn't care less about the stalking and fucking madness the male protagonist conveys. It's just a book.

Now, if you want to read some real S&M erotica I suggest you pick up Story of O; a book about a girl who is gang-fucked, stripped, chained, whipped, forced into silence, has her arse hole widened and her butt branded. Oh yeah and at the end of the story she is discarded and becomes so upset at the realisation she has no more value as a sex toy that she asks to commit suicide.

Also there's the Sleeping Beauty Quartet and Venus in Furs, the latter story has--on the surface--a female dominant role; Wanda von Dunajew. These are all sensual, highly erotic stories that deal with some incredibly dark themes. People ought not to pretend they are holier than anyone else. At a base level we are all animals and we all have those animalistic impulses and urges. If one acts upon those impulses when they are not wanted, that is when one crosses the line.

Society has a long history of writing sadistic and masochistic erotic fiction, if people are going to create a public outcry at least pick a good novel to complain about.  :lol:

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#577 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:15 AM

I apologize if I came off as prudish, holier-than-thou, or fun-spoiling in any way. 

2pphi03.gif

#578 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:11 AM

Stop being such s prude! GOSH! hahaha I have limited time, and reading is really hard for me. So I have sworn it off for a few years. I miss it

#579 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:14 AM

I need a couple night of a full uninterrupted sleep.. A few cuddles, and a cigarette ( I don't even smoke)

#580 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:17 AM

IKR?! I'm totally prudish! XD (plot twist I'm not twist ending someone get M. Night up in this hizzy XD)

But yeah, I know what you mean about the reading thing. I haven't read that many books recently, but I've been reading a lot of stuff online (mostly browsing TVtropes, and yes I am a troper)

2pphi03.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression, sadness, confused, rob$tar