81 replies to this topic

#81 DarkMatter

DarkMatter

Byte

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

Star Wars obviously. The conclusion based on the following facts that I will mention bellow:
I: Star Wars had, and still has better special effects than Star Trek. Star Wars from the 1975 had awesome special effects for it's time. Star Trek on the other hand had awful special effects at it's old years, especially Star Trek 1 and the TV series. So Star Trek's effects are overshadowed by Star Wars now and before.
II: The characters. Anyhow you look at it, Star Wars has epic characters like Admiral Akbar, Luke, Yoda, Obi One Kenobi and of course Darth Veider. On the other hand Star Trek has Picard, Captain Kirk etc. They are good of course, but once compared, Star Wars is the victor.
III: Lightsabers.
IV: The backstory and main Lore of Star Wars is jist epic, and Star Wars has obviously more action and drama into it.
V: The series themselves. Star Wars has the movies, TV series, videogames, online games, animated series, comics snd books. All of them are perfect and epic, mostly at least, because admit it, it has a few shity ones, same and Trek. But Star Wars is victorious at this category too, compared to Star Trek. Heck, even Disney aka the movie Behemoth bought Lucasfilms and Star Wars.
So, from my point of view, even if Star Trek is very good and genius series, Star Wars comes on top, with its features and the series itself.

#82 DarkMatter

DarkMatter

Byte

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:38 AM

Star Wars obviously. The conclusion based on the following facts that I will mention bellow:
I: Star Wars had, and still has better special effects than Star Trek. Star Wars from the 1975 had awesome special effects for it's time. Star Trek on the other hand had awful special effects at it's old years, especially Star Trek 1 and the TV series. So Star Trek's effects are overshadowed by Star Wars now and before.
II: The characters. Anyhow you look at it, Star Wars has epic characters like Admiral Akbar, Luke, Yoda, Obi One Kenobi and of course Darth Veider. On the other hand Star Trek has Picard, Captain Kirk etc. They are good of course, but once compared, Star Wars is the victor.
III: Lightsabers.
IV: The backstory and main Lore of Star Wars is jist epic, and Star Wars has obviously more action and drama into it.
V: The series themselves. Star Wars has the movies, TV series, videogames, online games, animated series, comics snd books. All of them are perfect and epic, mostly at least, because admit it, it has a few shity ones, same and Trek. But Star Wars is victorious at this category too, compared to Star Trek. Heck, even Disney aka the movie Behemoth bought Lucasfilms and Star Wars.
So, from my point of view, even if Star Trek is very good and genius series, Star Wars comes on top, with its features and the series itself