83 replies to this topic

#41 aftimelord

aftimelord

Bit

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationThe South of North America

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

Star Trek because it focused more on the science of that possible universe than the universe being governed by an inner power called The Force, or TK as we'd call it. Personally I like Star Wars because Star Trek is now impossible to keep up with. I'll have to get a Time Machine just to watch them all from the start, instead of using up the rest of my life to watch them all, series after series.
aftimelord

#42 PandaCobain

PandaCobain

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

I was never really able to get into Star Trek. I tried and I know quite a few references that people make to it and what not but Star Wars has just always trumped Star Trek to me. I don't really know why honestly. I just love the characters.

#43 lewis zimmermam

lewis zimmermam

Byte

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

i like Star Trek (only the movies) but i love star wars most :D

i think there was only one episode of star trek i actually liked :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.facebook.com/lewiscorbett4

#44 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

i like Star Trek (only the movies) but i love star wars most :D

i think there was only one episode of star trek i actually liked :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.facebook.com/lewiscorbett4

You just need to be in the right mindset to watch the Star Trek series'.

The original is not to be taken seriously, watch it lie you would watch Spongebob Squarepants.

Embrace the goofyness and it all becomes so clear.

The rest (with the exception of Deep Space Nine) stand fairly well alone as half decent science fiction adventure shows.

Even if the boring diplomatic stuff doesn't get your rocks off, there is enough cool space battle/alienculture stuff to keep you satiated.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#45 spock

spock

Bit

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGotham City

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

Star Trek! I think I started watching it when I was about 12, in preparation for the 2009 movie. 

I especially love the original series. Whereas I love serious business from time to time, the original is just so DAMN funny. And - unpopular opinion, I absolutely adore the animated series too. With the exception of possibly the Voyager series (in my opinion), there aren't any bad episodes, or movies. PLUS: Spock, Data and Crusher. What else do you need?

I haven't really seen much Star Wars, besides half of the first movie and Attack of the Clones, and they just bored me, if I'm being honest. Sorry, SW fans. :(

#46 Lunatic

Lunatic

Byte

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationIn my chair at my computer....

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Hmm... My answer for this would have to be that I like pretty much all shows, movies, comics or games with the word "star" in it. Good examples: Fantasy*Star, Startrek, StarWars, BattleStar Galactica, StarGate (I prefer SG1 over all but the movie was good too for what it was.), Star Ocean etc. ... Okay so really only JRPG's and American shows/movies but still... Lol

- Sativa Psyborg

#47 Lunatic

Lunatic

Byte

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationIn my chair at my computer....

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Oh and to comment further... The new (old if you want to be a dick about it) StarWars movies never happened, George Lucas DID NOT just sell the rights to Disney and as for Startrek... The original series is beautiful but is more humorous because we cannot relate to the campiness of the times, so it seems corny to us. I would say Next Generation was the best hands down, Patrick Stewart is awesome :D

- Sativa Psyborg

#48 Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Bit

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon Tyne

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

Personally, I prefer Star Trek. I was introduced to it much earlier than I was Star Wars. But really, they can't be properly compared. They're very different. And they're both awesome.

Live Long And Prosper

Fus Roh Dah!

#49 Rickie

Rickie

Byte

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

Star Wars for sure :)

#50 Champion of Cyrodiil

Champion of Cyrodiil

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

Star Trek

#51 Draake

Draake

Bit

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

Star Trek, because it has more of science and physics stuff applied to it.. And because the amount of movies, episodes etc and so on has gone beyond googolplex, which is good because there's always something new.

I do like the Star Wars books, but the movies never appealed to me. As much as I love retro sci-fi books, my love doesn't extend to old science fiction films. They're just.. No. With Star Trek I can watch the oldest episodes, with a few grumbles now and then, because I like Star Trek so much I'm willing to endure a little pain in exchange of awesomeness :D I guess I just don't like Star Wars enough to do the same.

And the animated Clone Wars things are just stupid.

#52 Sandy

Sandy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

I seem to be a little late to the party, but I'm going 100% Star Wars.

I don't have some deep reasoning for this, it really just comes down to the fact that Star Trek bored me for the short time that I was actually exposed to it, and Star Wars has been there my whole life. I've watched them all countless times, I've always loved it. I love everything about it.

I'm sure I could get into Star Trek if I took the time, I was just never really introduced to it.

#53 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

100% Star Trek for me.

I find Star Wars to be rather shallow. The Jedis are good and the Siths are bad yet the Jedi are content in the notion that committing genocide against the Sith is a completely reasonable response because it suit their needs.

I've never been a fan of sci-fi shows where the protagonists are a bunch of barbarians that we are suppose to be rooting for. It is the reason why I stopped watching Doctor Who after the fourth season (of the new series) because Moffat suddenly made it so The Doctor was willing to kill any enemy that stood in his way.

#54 Sandy

Sandy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

I find Star Wars to be rather shallow. The Jedis are good and the Siths are bad yet the Jedi are content in the notion that committing genocide against the Sith is a completely reasonable response because it suit their needs.

Hooold it right there Mister.

The Jedi committing genocide on the Sith is completely justified, if you recall Senator Palpatine having all but a few of the Jedi completely wiped out by Anakin and the rest of his followers in Episode III. That's just how war works, and that's what it is. Star Wars. :P

#55 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:01 AM

Hooold it right there Mister.

The Jedi committing genocide on the Sith is completely justified, if you recall Senator Palpatine having all but a few of the Jedi completely wiped out by Anakin and the rest of his followers in Episode III. That's just how war works, and that's what it is. Star Wars. :P

Not really winning me over by claiming that the genocide was justified because it was for revenge.

Anyway, I never like any of those sci-fi war shows like Battlestar Galatica or Stargate. But that is just me personally, a lot of people do.

#56 Sandy

Sandy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:23 AM

I've never watched either of those shows, I've never actually seen them on before...

#57 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:31 AM

I've never watched either of those shows, I've never actually seen them on before...

Well I don't think they are running anymore, they were shows from the 90s.

Actually Stargate might still be running.

But as I said I like sci-fi shows like Star Trek, Doctor Who, The Outer Limit, and The Twilight Zone.

They are also all variety shows, that might be part of it.

#58 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

None

STARGATE

Colonel O'Neil will rip anyone a new anus 

That's my justification......

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#59 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

None

STARGATE

Colonel O'Neil will rip anyone a new anus 

That's my justification......

Thats nice.

If this is how its going, BROWNCOATS FTW

I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

#60 Wednesday

Wednesday

Byte

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:45 AM

This questions is so evil!

I think Star Wars is a bit hit and miss.
I love Episodes IV to VI
but I to III are...just.....I don't know it's like torture watching Hayden Christensen pretending he has some sort of chemistry with Natalie Portman.
I love the books and the games that come from this universe and the Clone Wars animation was pretty good too.
But yeah sometimes its hard to sit through and watch the newer movies. I also have trouble accepting CGI.
I loved the puppets and the costumes!

Star Trek has also been hit and miss, but I do love most of the series with the exception of umm, Enterprise...got a bit lost there.
But hey, I am big fan of Deep Space Nine and most people can't stand that series.
God damn Jadzia Dax! phew!

I guess I can't really give a justifies answer til I finish all of the Star Trek series and movies.
But it has that old school corniness I love that Star Wars lost along the way.