• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

I love RTS so Starcraft was my fave, pre Dawn of War, then that became my favourite. DOW Dark Crusade was my favourite after it's release.

#42 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:05 PM

Not enough love for Sins of a Solar Empire. Intergalactic RTS with massive armies and to top it all off, the game was beautiful.

Sins-of-a-Solar-Empire-Wallpaper_.jpg

nmjUGDL.jpg

#43 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:36 PM

*Added to Steam wishlist for later*

Kudos

#44 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

Never been big into RTS.  Seems too much like a clusterfuck to have good gameplay, no matter how good the story is.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#45 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

I've been into RTS since Age of Empires came out and I had that on my Windows 98 machine. Good ol' days.

Online RTS is a bit touch-n-go, you come across players who seem to have 48 fingers and know all the hotkeys as well as the alphabet. Or there could be a bit of cheating going on.

I really just like playing single player campaigns, as lame as it sounds. It's almost relaxing to just hang out with myself and a bottle of Jack or Jager, playing some RTS till early hours on a Sunday morning. Plus I can pause and relieve myself whenever the hell I want.

There are tons of other games and game styles to play with others anyway.

#46 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

I generally don't play RTS games for the story, I just enjoy the game style. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#47 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:16 PM

Exactly ^

#48 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:27 PM

I generally don't play RTS games for the story, I just enjoy the game style. 

I don't enjoy the game style, so the story doesn't resurrect it enough.

My favorite game of all time is Twilight Princess, one of the richest video game stories ever.  All without any real voice acting.  That's powerful, man.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#49 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

I don't enjoy the game style, so the story doesn't resurrect it enough.

My favorite game of all time is Twilight Princess, one of the richest video game stories ever.  All without any real voice acting.  That's powerful, man.

Are you referring to Zelda: Twilight Princess? On the Wii and Cube?

My partner bought that for me to play on her Wii. I didn't like it enough to keep playing it. Maybe I'm too old, but I remember all the mad times I had playing Ocarina of Time, and then Windwaker =)

#50 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:39 PM

Are you referring to Zelda: Twilight Princess? On the Wii and Cube?

My partner bought that for me to play on her Wii. I didn't like it enough to keep playing it. Maybe I'm too old, but I remember all the mad times I had playing Ocarina of Time, and then Windwaker =)

Well, Twilight Princess was the first Zelda I played when it came out, on the Gamecube (because I had reserved and paid for it like two years before it actually came out.)

At that point, my only real Zelda experience was OoT, MM, and TWW.

#51 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:32 AM

Ocarina of Time was in my top 3 N64 games, it was epic (especially because I was younger so everything seemed cooler). I'm talking 15 years ago, younger.

I was never a PlayStation kid, I had the SNES, N64, Cube, the original fat ass Gameboy and a GB colour later on. Oh and the Sega Mega Drive =P

It's been exciting watching the development of technology and video gaming, from 8-bit Gameboy, 16-bit Mega Drive and SNES through to N64, up to the PS4!

I imagine Twilight Princess was better on Cube than Wii. So happy I never bought on of those after release.

#52 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

Ocarina of Time was in my top 3 N64 games, it was epic (especially because I was younger so everything seemed cooler). I'm talking 15 years ago, younger.

I was never a PlayStation kid, I had the SNES, N64, Cube, the original fat ass Gameboy and a GB colour later on. Oh and the Sega Mega Drive =P

It's been exciting watching the development of technology and video gaming, from 8-bit Gameboy, 16-bit Mega Drive and SNES through to N64, up to the PS4!

I imagine Twilight Princess was better on Cube than Wii. So happy I never bought on of those after release.

Technically, my first console was the PS1 but it was a system that was too advanced for my age (I was just under 9 when I got it.)  I got the Gamecube when Nintendo was doing the "4 Zelda games on one disc" promotion.  That shit just blew my thirteen year old mind.

Yes, Twilight Princess was better on Gamecube because it was designed for it.  And Link was still left-handed in it.  Southpaws REPRESENT!

I had received both the Gameboy and Game Gear as hand-me-downs.  The first Mario game I ever played was Super Mario Land. That music still gets me.

#53 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

Oh snap! That tune! Mario is such a top dog.

This guy's videos are epic.

I just had to do it.

#54 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:23 PM

Oh snap! That tune! Mario is such a top dog.

This guy's videos are epic.

I just had to do it.

Smooth McGroove is awesome.  I own all his albums.

#55 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:55 AM

Can confirm: Smooth is the man.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#56 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

F.E.A.R 2 Project Origin was also one of my fave games while I played it.

Loved the abandoned hospital, I used to play that shit at night on high-ish volume with no lights, great experience.

FEAR 3 was 'okay' but I didn't like it as much.

I wish there was an FPS (similar to Black Ops zombies) with labyrinth like abandoned hospital maps. Zombies behind every door!

I really like abandoned hospitals. It's been so long since I was in one.

#57 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:55 PM

Isn't Outlast like that?

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#58 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

Isn't Outlast like that?

Yeah, Outlast reminds me a bit of F.E.A.R.

But Outlast is like Jumpscare City meets found footage.

#59 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:43 PM

My personal favorite Sci-Fi game (or rather, Games since it's a series) is gonna have to be the Half-Life franchise. Played all the main games (Even some of the spinoffs like Blue Shift). Just an incredibly fun series, even if it can't count to 3

2pphi03.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sci-Fi