Earthnerd Mike

Bit

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWashington, UK

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hello my name is Mike and I'm a nerd!

*Dramatic pause*

At the time of posting I'm 30 years young live on my own in a first floor flat in a little town called Washington which in the North East of England United Kingdom. For those that do not know of the place it is between Newcastle Upon Tyne and Sunderland. :)

What makes me a nerd? Hmm .... Well for a job I work in technical support have been referred to on many occasions as Moss from the IT Crowd.

Where my interests lie I'd say more in Super hero comics/graphic novels and Video games (Been playing them since I was 4).. Thats all I can think to write now has I'm multitasking while at work :blink:

The definition of nerd by wikipedia is:

Nerd is a derogatory stereotype of a person typically described as socially-impaired, obsessive, or overly intellectual. They may spend inordinate amounts of time on unpopular, obscure, or highly technical pursuits, or those relating to topics of fiction or fantasy, to the exclusion of more mainstream activities. Other nerdy qualities include physical awkwardness, introversion, quirkiness, and unattractiveness.Thus, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and is a social outsider. In the stereotypical high-school situation, they may be either considered loners by others, or associate with a small group of like-minded people. As with other pejoratives, nerd has been reappropriated by some as a term of pride and group identity.

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

Hello there, and welcome to the forum!
nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Oh welcome Mike! I love it when new members join <3 I'm known here is Twa, but my irl nickname is Momo :3 You can call me which ever you like.

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#4 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Welcome to the forums. :)

I too enjoy a good dramatic pause.

*dramatic pause*

*picks nose*

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif