• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Capsicum Annuum

Capsicum Annuum

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:05 AM

Never been to jail in my life, but I heard the food there tastes good. Could someone explain to me what prison cuisine is like?

#2 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:34 AM

If you like pruno, you'll love it there. We really struggled with getting good food in there. A lot of the stuff was stale a mouldy, if you can convince a screw tp bring you in some chocolate or something you're set for life.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#3 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:58 PM

I've been to jail before......... once........ to visit me dad...... when I was a wee lad.

It was a lot cleaner than they portray it in the movies. 

We had to forfeit everything in our pockets and go through a metal detector. 

The visiting section reminded me of the school cafeteria. 

They get regular meals, chicken, beef stew ect. 

Nothing like hospital meals. 

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#4 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:56 PM

I've heard it described as cat puke and peas. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#5 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:07 PM

Never been arrested, no. I took a tour of our local police facility when I was a wee lad and it did look quite clean. If I remember the food resembled that of a high school cafeteria.

But our city isn't huge by any means. Maybe 20k people now. I see more people end up on house arrest then they do in jail. It's common practice here. Unless the crime is severe. I've had friends on house arrest for months. Wow, now that I think about it I've known quite a lot of people who only seen jail for a night or two (if that) and then just did the rest in house.

If you want to talk prison I can only think of one guy, my cousin. I think he's the only person I know closely that is doing hard time. His crime qualified him for a low security prison. So he applied for a place down in Texas and got in. It's very blue collar from what he tells me. They get to watch like 2 new movies a week, get certain channels like the one The Walking Dead is on for entertainment as well... Their families can throw money into their accounts so they can buy candy and pop as they have vending machines and a store. They get XX amount of phone time every day, they get XX amount of internet time everyday. I e-mail him weekly, their system is monitored by a third party but he can send/receive as many e-mails as he wants. I asked him about the TV time once and if their lobby is nice and he responded along the lines of this,

"yeah we have 3 TVs set up in the rec room. That's where we play Munchkin and other board games. I got a D&D group every Sunday, and we have 7 TVs out on the patio."

Wait, what? Shit, do they got a hot tub there too? Fuck. Sounds real horrible.

#6 Capsicum Annuum

Capsicum Annuum

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:43 AM

Never been arrested, no. I took a tour of our local police facility when I was a wee lad and it did look quite clean. If I remember the food resembled that of a high school cafeteria.

But our city isn't huge by any means. Maybe 20k people now.

You mean you're not from Minneapolis?

#7 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:03 AM

Surprisingly, no. Almost an hour south of Minneapolis, right on the border of WI. A little nugget called Red Wing. The movie Grumpy Old Men (I believe it has at least one RW scene in it - IDK been so long) was filmed near here, as well as the movie Here on Earth.

I'm a small town kid at heart, I'd wither and die in a huge city. Mine may appear big but it's a long stretch of mostly residential. Plus,

I hate traffic.