• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:43 AM

Earlier last month, Netflix released their take on the ol' 80s Sci-Fi Horror, with little delightful sprinkles of Twin Peaks, Stephen King and Steven Spielberg on top. It's gotten pretty big recently, so I thought maybe there could be a topic of discussion for those who have seen it here.

I just finished watching it last night, and I was really impressed. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#2 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:20 PM

It's on my to-do list! I too have heard wonderful things. Twin Peaks, Stephen King, SS? Dayuuum. I'll take some of that any day. Just about anything Twin Peaks-esque is a winner.

I applaud Netflix for trying to tackle each and every genre. From stand-up comedy, to supernatural, to action, and even to anime. They are getting huge. Something for everybody and it seems like they film at an incredible pace.

I, however, am not really into a lot of their shows. They just don't spike an interest in me, outside of Daredevil.

I want to like Hemlock Grove because that sort of thing is right up my alley, but they messed up the first three episodes and I don't know, I just can't bring myself to give it another chance. Like how dare they?

I want to like Between too, but the main actors are starting to bug me and season two is becoming too predictable.

#3 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:07 AM

It's on my to-do list! I too have heard wonderful things. Twin Peaks, Stephen King, SS? Dayuuum. I'll take some of that any day. Just about anything Twin Peaks-esque is a winner.

I applaud Netflix for trying to tackle each and every genre. From stand-up comedy, to supernatural, to action, and even to anime. They are getting huge. Something for everybody and it seems like they film at an incredible pace.

I, however, am not really into a lot of their shows. They just don't spike an interest in me, outside of Daredevil.

I want to like Hemlock Grove because that sort of thing is right up my alley, but they messed up the first three episodes and I don't know, I just can't bring myself to give it another chance. Like how dare they?

I want to like Between too, but the main actors are starting to bug me and season two is becoming too predictable.

It's definitely a good shout. Eight episodes long too, so it won't be a huge investment of time. The only shows I've really seen are Daredevil, Jessica Jones (which I believe you mentioned you weren't too into, if I'm not mistaken) and Stranger Things. I've enjoyed all of them immensely, and I've heard good stuff about other shows. It's definitely ambitious. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#4 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:22 AM

You are not mistaken.

Also, I heard House of Cards was good too. That's Netflix too, right? It's just one of those that don't interest me. Never cared for politics.

#5 MayorJose

MayorJose

Byte

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:07 AM

I just finished this over the weekend and it's was AMAZING. Hands down the best Sci Fi I've watched this year. Makes me want to re-watch all of John Carpenter's stuff.

"Ironic, isn't it, Smithers. This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you."

#6 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

I started this last week (finally). It's pretty great. Only three episodes in, but I enjoy it lots already. AND, the music rocks.

#7 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:32 AM

The music is just amazing, I swear. I love this show. 

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#8 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:06 PM

I have watched about half of the first season.

It is pretty decent, if a bit slow.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#9 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:22 AM

I think I read this wrong. When all of you were referring to "Twin Peak's", are you talking about the breastaurant chain?

#10 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:56 PM

This series was FUCKING. FAB.

Oh my godddddd Eleven is such a lil cutie.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#11 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:01 PM

This series was FUCKING. FAB.

Oh my godddddd Eleven is such a lil cutie.

Dustin is my Spirit Animal. My toothless Spirit Animal.

P.S, a few of the kids were at the Emmy's last night singing:

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#12 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:40 PM

Dustin is my Spirit Animal. My toothless Spirit Animal.

P.S, a few of the kids were at the Emmy's last night singing:

Kid has some decent pipes when he's not just pissing around for fun with other kids.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#13 CrazyRabbitParty

CrazyRabbitParty

Byte

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Locationsitting on a blade of grass floating in iced tea

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:07 AM

I only watched the first season recently and WOW. I had heard that it was good but I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. It's already high on the list of my favourite shows, possibly even at the top. Really well done. I can't wait to watch the new season! :D

I hope you're having a nice day. :)

#14 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

I only watched the first season recently and WOW. I had heard that it was good but I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. It's already high on the list of my favourite shows, possibly even at the top. Really well done. I can't wait to watch the new season! :D

You won't be disappointed with season 2.

#15 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:08 PM

I finished season 2 recently. Honestly, as much as I loved season one, I think season two is better. There's not a lot I can go into without spoiling things, but Dart is awesome and I want one. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#16 Durtal

Durtal

Bit

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:52 AM

The music is just amazing, I swear. I love this show. 

Great work from Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein. My love for synthwave music began with this series. Their SURVIVE is fantastic too. 

#17 Beatnikg

Beatnikg

Byte

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:26 PM

I watched season 1 and 2 and I have to say that it's a really impressive show.  I like the whole 80s nostalgia of it, I can't wait for season 3 to come out!

tumblr_nc5rljURhS1si4e7ko1_500.gif