12 replies to this topic

#1 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:35 PM

Has anyone else noticed that some people don't ever stop at stop signs? Is it just my area or is this something that happens globally? If a sign clearly says "STOP", why do people keep driving?

#2 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:43 PM

Not when they're the singular driver, but quite often when there's a line do I see the person behind me not stop and just speed through when I go.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#3 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:17 PM

That's exactly what happens here. I guess they think if the car in front of them was safe, then they will be too if they can just go fast enough. I just hope no one gets hurt trying that crazy move. It's illogical in the highest degree.

#4 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:46 PM

I see tons of illogical driving.

What we just spoke of, speeding and passing to get in front of you and break immediately to turn even though there's tons of space behind you, hanging out in the middle of the street waiting to turn even though you're going to be there through the red light, when stopping at a red light with a crosswalk just parking your car directly over it as if it didn't exist, stopping in the middle of railroad tracks that are obviously and clearly marked, blocking roads when you're stuck at a light and not allowing people to access them, speeding up when someone is trying to merge into your lane, being so close to someone in front of you that you can smell what they had for lunch..

These are just things I've seen last week.. The list goes on.

obazNZl.gif

#5 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:29 AM

I see people run red lights all the time, it's becoming an epidemic lately.

5A5DjRW.gif

#6 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:45 AM

I found your intersections truly terrifying when I was in the US, especially if you're a pedestrian crossing the four or five lanes of traffic lol. Also I forgot jaywalking was a thing in Chicago which probably could have ended badly for me...

Y'all need roundabouts in your life.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#7 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:56 AM

Roundabouts are the worst thing in the history in driving, apart from pedestrians in Chicago who apparently have given up on life because they are just the fucking worst kind of people.

obazNZl.gif

#8 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

Roundabouts actually cut back on collisions by a downright silly percentage.

Once people get used to them as opposed to intersections with lights everything just flows on through like water.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#9 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:06 PM

I feel like waaaaay too many chicagoans would get stuck like rats in a maze and just try to plow their way out.

obazNZl.gif

#10 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:30 PM

We have one roundabout here. I think it would work nice if everyone didn't slow down to a crawl trying to figure out how to use it. Might as well be a four way stop.

Also

y8YmwGb.gif

nmjUGDL.jpg

#11 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:41 PM

There's tons of roundabout's in Switzerland. I think these days every intersection they rebuild gets a roundabout. I don't mind them though. At least you know cars are only coming from one direction.

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#12 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:56 AM

Apart from now and again when you get a foreign driver who's new to your road system and does anti-clockwise/in reverse/panics and drives onto the roundabout.

The one thing that kills me is people who cut you up on the outside at roundabouts (this is just as bad as being cut up on the inside, Tes/Spleen/non-English people).

Also slow drivers. Yes, I know you don't HAVE to do 40mph, but there are twelve cars behind you and the road is clear for about two miles.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#13 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:12 PM

Honestly i haven't driven a car in a year so i'm not sure if i am still able to drive

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry