• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Nerd

Mr.Nerd

Byte

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

Just post your thoughts, comments and theories on the original show and the 4-part redo coming soon.

#2 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:04 PM

I don't have any theories about what's going to happen, I'm just super stoked it's coming back.

I watched it all the time when I was a kid and loved it. I wound up missing the tail end of the series because I was in honors classes in high school which meant 3-6 hours of homework a night usually, but I'm sure they're going to do well with however they start back up.

X-Files is my Star Wars.
I can't wait.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#3 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:52 PM

Original series was the backbone of television science fiction.

They pretty much invented the "monster of the week" style of doing horror.

The last few seasons really dropped off in quality, no thanks to David Duchovny leaving the show over contract dispute shit.

They salvaged what they could, but it really felt like they were sucking wind nearer the end.

This new miniseries that they are planning is probably going to not quite reach the heights of fandom that they intend.

The series wrapped everything up with a nice depressing bow and I don't see how they can keep things going in any way.

The alien apocalypse/invasion is happening (as of 2012 according to the show), and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

They killed off their two best villains, Krycek and The Smoking Man, but somehow they are billed to be in the miniseries.

The Lone Gunmen are also somehow being resurrected.

And finally, they already had their chance for reviving the show when they did they atrocious movie a few years back.

They fucked that up spectacularly and I see no reason why this little venture will do anything more impressive.

Let sleeping dogs lie. 

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#4 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:11 AM

The theme used to creep me out as a kid.

Once that theme hit, I knew it was time for bed.

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#5 Mr.Nerd

Mr.Nerd

Byte

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:31 AM

I just hope the 4-part redo is in the same spirit and style as the original show

#6 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:38 PM

http://imgur.com/gallery/txaE6

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif