#1 CmdrShep2183

CmdrShep2183

Byte

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:32 AM

http://io9.com/a-gir...lped-1725893704

http://io9.com/57108...h-for-star-wars

Crap like this still happens? I thought this stuff was more mainstream? I blame the stupid parents.

#2 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:00 AM

It's entitled nerds that think a movie/series/etc. belongs to them and no one else. When someone who is not an obvious social exile (say, an attractive female) shows love for a fandom, they think that that person must be faking it for male attention, or attention in general since being a nerd is "in" or something. They won't believe that that person is a genuine fan and they'll look for anything to discredit them.

I think in this case though it's young boys who think that girls can't like Star Wars because it's "for boys". 

#3 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:49 AM

It's entitled nerds that think a movie/series/etc. belongs to them and no one else. When someone who is not an obvious social exile (say, an attractive female) shows love for a fandom, they think that that person must be faking it for male attention, or attention in general since being a nerd is "in" or something. They won't believe that that person is a genuine fan and they'll look for anything to discredit them.

I think in this case though it's young boys who think that girls can't like Star Wars because it's "for boys". 

Oh god, I hate people who have that god damn elitist attitude of "Oh, you don't know every single, minute little detail about this franchise? FAKE GEEK! YOU ONLY LIKE THIS FOR THE ATTENTION! YOU ONLY DRESS UP LIKE THE CHARACTER BECAUSE YOU WANT ATTENTION!" 

It's the stupidest shit. Anyone who thinks like that is automatically an asshole, no exceptions.

2pphi03.gif

#4 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:11 AM

Star Wars is shit anyway

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#5 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:15 AM

Serves them fucking nerds right ha.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#6 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:00 PM

They are kids.

Kids can be stupid assholes.

I know people who were asshole kids and are now decent human beings.

I once told a girl that she had never had a boyfriend because she was allergic to nuts.

I was joking around and went a little too mean, we are friends to this day.

I am super okay with people jumping on on shit like this and making those kids feel awesome for their interests, but I don't necessarily like how everyone always gets all huffy and loud when they find out that kids sometimes have mean shit spewed at them by other kids.

Blaming the parents is pointless and kind of stupid.

Regardless of how a kid is raised, they are going to have to make mistakes and learn how to be a human being on their own.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#7 CmdrShep2183

CmdrShep2183

Byte

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:23 PM

The tables should be turned! The 501st should march into a American Girl store and start being mean and rude to those girly girls.

washingtonDC_storeFront924-224817.jpg

#8 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

The tables should be turned! The 501st should march into a American Girl store and start being mean and rude to those girly girls.

How would that serve any justice?

How would it make them any better?

Because I can...

#9 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:04 PM

Do it. Do it and post video.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#10 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:42 AM

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#11 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:00 AM

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Either it leaves the whole world blind, or it gives everyone an eyepatch, which makes everyone nick fury. Which would make the world awesome

2pphi03.gif

#12 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:09 AM

I don't know if anyone would know this without having kids. But kids are born with no manners and no social eddicat. NONE! And my son is 8, very smart and very sweet, but still says rude things, and doesn't understand. As a parent your job is to tell them, hey, that's rude, people don't like that. But anything can cause a kid to act in certain ways when amongst other kids. Felling like an outsider, not wanting to be teased or picked on.. Kids have to be taught everything. So it's also them learning through life experiences and U.S. As parents being there to explain what happened. Just because the kid is a jerk doesn't mean the parents are.

Ginger, is the spice of life

#13 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:47 AM

I don't see how that's equivalent....?

I don't know if anyone would know this without having kids. But kids are born with no manners and no social eddicat. NONE! And my son is 8, very smart and very sweet, but still says rude things, and doesn't understand. As a parent your job is to tell them, hey, that's rude, people don't like that. But anything can cause a kid to act in certain ways when amongst other kids. Felling like an outsider, not wanting to be teased or picked on.. Kids have to be taught everything. So it's also them learning through life experiences and U.S. As parents being there to explain what happened. Just because the kid is a jerk doesn't mean the parents are.

Ahaha I still remember when I was four or five we had a neighbour who was pregnant, and being the very observant child I was I pointed at her and exclaimed "you're fat!" I feel so awful about it now but I totally get what you're saying about kids being rude.

#14 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:44 AM

Yea, I'm not saying kids should be allowed to bully, but is ralking crap on Star Wars the type of thing we should be worried about, or is the harsh personal words and physical actions that should be concentrated on.

#15 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:46 AM

Just read the link, good for these girls! But I still stand by what I said. Kids suck, as parents/ adults it's our job so uplift the kids. All kids. All kids get teased, all of them. It takes a village:)

#16 batuka

batuka

Bit

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLagos

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:20 AM

Star wars is great, why would anyone do that?

#17 batuka

batuka

Bit

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLagos

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:21 AM

Star wars is great, why would anyone do that?