• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 hasu

hasu

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:48 AM

A lot of review people are saying if you have 7 stick with 7 but if you have 8 or 8.1 upgrade to 10.

#42 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:37 PM

Huh, good to know.

I think I'm keeping my pc at 7 then.

I already upgraded my kids, their was 8, so it is, in fact, much better.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#43 hasu

hasu

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:42 AM

http://imgur.com/gallery/I8u2G

It was on the front page, but if your using windows 10 I highly recommend reading this.

#44 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:45 AM

Yeah there's a lot of permissions you have to go in and cut off from the getgo.

Thanks for posting, I'd seen it, but didn't think to.

obazNZl.gif

#45 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:53 AM

Honestly, the WiFi thing is pretty nice.

If you have any blizzard games on your computer or torrent things they use your upspeed for p2p transfers as well, it's nothing new. 

The only real issue might be the privacy stuff, but really, google already knows everything about me anyways. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#46 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:24 PM

thanks.  disabled..  but so far..  not to shabby.

#47 hasu

hasu

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:16 PM

Im updating windows and im stuck at Getting Windows Ready Dont turn off your computer, it's been an hour, how do I fix this issue?

EDIT: Haha just kidding... I just shut down my computer put updates on automatic shut my pc down and the booted it up again and the updates were installed its all good :P

#48 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:45 PM

Yeah it got stuck on their laptop twice, I'm not sure if it's normal or what.

obazNZl.gif

#49 hasu

hasu

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

Yeah I dont know what it is. Apparently windows 8/8.1 had the same problem, idek if they fixed it either.

#50 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:40 AM

Yesterday my video driver crashed and it took a good 20 minutes to restart properly after updates were installed. I kept getting a black screen with a responsive mouse.

It came back eventually but I hope they fix this Nvidia crap, it was a good quick patch but there's quite a few dodgy things going on still

#51 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

I have an Nvidia card and haven't had any issues yet.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#52 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

Cortina stopped working on the laptop because she needs location to be on and although it is, the computer is somehow sensing it as off.

It was really interesting for a day, but no, I'm not impressed.

I'll be ignoring the update on my pc and keeping windows 7.

obazNZl.gif

#53 hasu

hasu

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

Nvidia updated there drivers for windows 10 last night it looks like.

#54 EdMisterr

EdMisterr

Byte

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

Yea, I find Bubba Gates Winders Tennis vereh nice

Check out my Youtube channel

Follow Me on Twitter!

Stalk Me on Facebook!

#55 monty kumar

monty kumar

Bit

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNoida

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:32 AM

Windows 10 is a personal computer operating system released by Microsoft.Microsoft described Windows 10 as an "operating system as a service" that would receive ongoing updates to its features.

#56 zachthescriptkitty

zachthescriptkitty

Bit

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:49 PM

http://www.forbes.co...omatic-install/

Is anyone here going ahead with the install?

Anybody got a cheap way to buy Win 10, new custom build. Used Kinguin, got scammed :(

#57 Generic_Nerd14

Generic_Nerd14

Byte

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:35 AM

​I am using windows ten OS right now

#58 AdrianG001

AdrianG001

Byte

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:06 PM

I began decades ago with DOS and the first IBM Pcs. I have used multiple operating systems including OS2 (IBM’s alternative to early Windows) early iterations of Apple’s OS’es, and all the versions of Windows right up to the latest that I test as a Windows insider. I also use multiple distributions of Linux. With that as a background, Windows 10 is very stable and reasonably flexible, although I am becoming more and more perturbed by the intrusive update process and some of the bugs that have been pushed out with the latest updates. Windows is also trying a bit to hard to be all things to all people which can make the OS become bulky. MS does not have the huge advantage Apple has, that is, Apple controls all facets of their product both vertical and horizontal. They build the hardware, control repairs, limit accessories, and design the software so they have no excuse when things go wrong — which they inevitably do. But Microsoft has an excellent OS that will run on a myriad of different machines by multiple manufacturers that works very, very well. There are improvements that need to be worked on including the restore and recovery features. I have never yet been able to get them to work the way they should; a clean re-install often being the only way to fix some issues. I use Windows 10 all the time, hate iOS for its inflexibility, but prefer Linux as the best way to get an OS that does what you want the way you want it.

#59 richardbranson243

richardbranson243

Bit

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:27 PM

Protect Your PC from Antivirus Attack
This Software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC issues and remove viruses now.
We Provide services for mcafee and norton computer antivirus software.

For More Details Visit-
Norton.com/setup - Norton is one of the best antivirus software which protects your computer from various malware and viruses. It is introduced by Semantic Corp. It works in various Operating Systems like iOS, Windows and even in Android. It provides various security essentials to your system like antispyware, antivirus and antimalware. For any support and help in antivirus please contact us. click on - Norton.com/setup
McAfee.com/Activate - McAfee is an antivirus that detects and eliminates harmful viruses from your system. It is one of the best two-way firewall security available for users that blocks infected sites automatically. Also, it offers several premium features that a user can grab to enjoy virtual life conveniently. For More Information Visit- McAfee.com/Activate
McAfee.com/activate - These days internet attackers are creating advanced malware and viruses to steal valuable information from your computers. In order to get rid of these threats, you should install a robust and reliable antivirus program on your Mac or PC. McAfee is one of the most known security suites for computers and other digital devices. By installing McAfee in your computer, you can prevent your device from such internet threats and malicious software. McAfee has won the trust of millions of customers worldwide. For More Details visit- mcafee.com./activate

#60 TNFleming

TNFleming

Bit

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:05 AM

Of course, I also use Windows 10. But in essence, this is a transitional stage between Windows 7 and the next, truly revolutionary operating system.

Even now windows10 looks mediocre for me. In an ideological sense, this system has not taken a step forward.