66 replies to this topic

#21 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:27 PM

4 hours in on PC, only bug ingame was a broken texture on the bottles of water coolers.

Steam overlay wouldn't work so I couldn't stream it.

Oh and the toilet paper in their bathroom in the beginning was put on the roll the wrong way.

What madness is this?

Pretty good game though. Really digging the way power armor is now. Finally feels like it matters, instead of being a spandex suit with decent stats. Apparently I'm a better shot than V.A.T.S though.

Clearly animals were in charge of doing the artwork on the toilet paper.

Only possible answer.

Filthy, incompetent animals.

I am super happy with the gun mechanics in this one.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas were so goddamn terrible in that regard that I hardly ever manually fired my weapons, primarily relying on V.A.T.S. to do my murdering for me.

I like that I can pop some assisted shots off then manually gunfight people and not feel like a drunken robot with a gun.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#22 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:52 AM

Clearly animals were in charge of doing the artwork on the toilet paper.

Only possible answer.

Filthy, incompetent animals.

I am super happy with the gun mechanics in this one.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas were so goddamn terrible in that regard that I hardly ever manually fired my weapons, primarily relying on V.A.T.S. to do my murdering for me.

I like that I can pop some assisted shots off then manually gunfight people and not feel like a drunken robot with a gun.

I swear to god Todd Howard better find out who did that and fire their incompetent ass.

Oh god the gunplay is great now. V.A.T.S was unhealthily relied on because the shooting was always weird on Fallout 3. New Vegas improved it a lot in that measure though, and I kind of miss the different ammunition types from FNV. I'm a little disappointed that they threw away so many good things that NV had to offer like that. I really dearly miss having skill/random conversation options though, I greatly dislike the simplified chat wheel. It honestly feels like each time I have to choose dialogue I have to worry about there being a 50/50 chance I'll pick something that sounds decent  agreement/argument but then the protagonist starts screaming and threatening to kill everyone in the conversation.

Overall I'm still having fun with it though, they have improved a lot of things and I can't deny that.

5A5DjRW.gif

#23 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:14 AM

We are about on the same page in most regards my good man.

The conversations feel a lot like Mass Effect, where you just pick an attitude/yes or no response to most things.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#24 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:20 AM

We are about on the same page in most regards my good man.

The conversations feel a lot like Mass Effect, where you just pick an attitude/yes or no response to most things.

LA Noir is another good example. selecting doubt is a 50/50 shot between Cole asking more questions, or Cole screaming at someone who barely escaped an attempted murder and blaming them for it.

5A5DjRW.gif

#25 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:26 AM

Putrefied water is an easy cap maker. Build a bunch of scrubbers in dirty rivers and cans of water will pop up every day. The first town gives me thirty or so every day.

Also, a friend told me you can recharge power armor batteries in generators. The only generator I know of is the one

Spoiler

There are

Spoiler
in
Spoiler
and the
Spoiler
I've met are a
Spoiler
and a hard
Spoiler
. I don't know which one to
Spoiler

I made the doggy a little house right beside the front door of my own home. He's retired now.

Spoiler
. For real. That's a damn melee weapon to those
Spoiler
. How fucking thrashing is that?

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#26 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:20 AM

You guys.

Dog armour.

Dogmeat has kickass metal armour right now and he looks like a badass.

#27 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:41 AM

Wadsworth has a baseball cap, it adds to the charm of his accent.

5A5DjRW.gif

#28 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

You guys.

Dog armour.

Dogmeat has kickass metal armour right now and he looks like a badass.

I just got a set of that from a raider's dog. I felt kinda bad after though, since it turned out she became a raider in order to rescue her missing sister.

Still, dog armour.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#29 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:24 AM

I heard that if you give him a teddy bear he plays with it sometimes.

Haven't tested it yet though.

#30 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:35 AM

I found a dog bowl in the wastes. When my part comes in I'll build dogmeat a doghouse in sanctuary.

5A5DjRW.gif

#31 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:16 PM

Paladin Danse = best companion. He just got a nuke slammed in his face by a Super Mutant Suicider. He then proceeded to mow down three others with his rifle before turning to tell me to make sure I check everything, because there could be good things hidden here.

Meanwhile I'm just like uhhhhh

LL1Yc5i.gif

#32 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:10 AM

I found a dog bowl in the wastes. When my part comes in I'll build dogmeat a doghouse in sanctuary.

There is a doghouse and bowl behind one of the houses in Sanctuary.

Just need to pick it up and move it where you want it.

Paladin Danse = best companion. He just got a nuke slammed in his face by a Super Mutant Suicider. He then proceeded to mow down three others with his rifle before turning to tell me to make sure I check everything, because there could be good things hidden here.

Meanwhile I'm just like uhhhhh

He annoys me too much to keep around for any measure of time.

He is so starchy and self righteous.

#33 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:41 AM

There is a doghouse and bowl behind one of the houses in Sanctuary.

Just need to pick it up and move it where you want it.

He annoys me too much to keep around for any measure of time.

He is so starchy and self righteous.

He has Power Armour and a laser cannon. I can deal with his attitude. Especially since he's so astounded at all the little 'not quite legal' things I can do, like picking locks and hacking terminals. And as long as I don't try to extort people, he's happy whenever I pick up a new quest to kill some shit or rob some raiders.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#34 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:26 AM

I am a sucker for the man and his dog against the world trope.

#35 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

My brother got this the other day. Personally it just seems like a higher resolution of Fallout 3.

In other words, I is extremely jealous. :(

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#36 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:31 PM

bj0zoVk.png

LL1Yc5i.gif

#37 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:05 AM

Went to Diamond City and found Piper. She's surprisingly competent in combat, but she won't use my legendary laser pistol, she keeps defaulting to a 10mm that does 1/8th the damage and I cant take it away.

5A5DjRW.gif

#38 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:53 AM

They probably all have their preferred weapon and don't stray from it in combat.

You can romance the pants off of her as well, so there is that.

#39 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:31 AM

I hope there's an Eyebot follower, I rather enjoyed having Ed-E following me around in New Vegas.

His happy little beeps whenever he killed something.

5A5DjRW.gif

#40 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:07 AM

When you give her the weapon, there should be an option to equip it while viewing her inventory. On PS4 it's triangle, dunno about whatever you're on.

Also for weapons that are not default, you need to give them ammo I believe. Mac wouldn't use the .50 cal I gave him until I gave him ammo too.

LL1Yc5i.gif