25 replies to this topic

#1 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

If you could be friends with someone living or dead, who would it be and why? This counts dead or alive, famous, rich, genius, inventor, idol, religious person.. Ect

Ginger, is the spice of life

#2 BloodPrince 2.0

BloodPrince 2.0

Megabyte

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hmm... tough one. Probably the amazing cosplayers I admire from afar, but I'm already starting to make friends with them. They have a great sense of humor and are never afraid that they're going to upset me, so they make me very comfortable. As a plus, the ones I like make their own cosplay by themselves mainly, so they're also artists.
“The exchange went unnoticed by the world, just one
other of many exchanges between a multitude of
strangers, acquaintances, friends, or enemies all around.”

#3 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

JON JAFARI.

Done.

Makes me laugh like no human being I've ever known.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#4 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:57 PM

i quite like the friends i have...

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#5 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:49 PM

I wouldn't mind meeting Confucius, providing I could speak with him. Maybe Siddhārtha Guatama...or Nujabes.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#6 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

The only people I really want to meet are mythological.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#7 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

Thats ok too!!!

Ginger, is the spice of life

#8 BloodPrince 2.0

BloodPrince 2.0

Megabyte

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:05 PM

Oh, if you want to go into fictional...
“The exchange went unnoticed by the world, just one
other of many exchanges between a multitude of
strangers, acquaintances, friends, or enemies all around.”

#9 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:30 PM

Howard Hughes is pretty high up there. Charlie Wilson, Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson.

Onto people I would have a hard time communicating with. Hero of Alexandria. Saladin seems like a nifty guy. Hammurabi, Alexander, and many more I need to think about. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#10 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

I would want to meet all of my own ancestors.

Gather them all in one place and just work my way through the crowd, getting to know where I came from on a personal, one on one level.

Meeting the people who's choices and various adventures ended up creating me would be quite profound.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#11 Launch

Launch

Byte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:54 PM

A lot people involved in my favorite movies but, in particular, Thurl Ravenscroft. Doesn't he seem like he was the nicest guy? 

mowing_zpsee914621.gif

#12 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

Danny Sexbang. Dude is just awesome.

Also, probably Shigeru Miyamoto.  And Satoshi Tajiri.

Also, F. A. Hayek. And Nikola Tesla. Also, Galileo and Martin Luther.

Benjamin Franklin and "Weird Al" Yankovic too.

Now, the next question:  Who would you want to be friends with benefits with?

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#13 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:46 AM

General consensus is that Papa Miyamoto is pretty awesome. So, totally.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#14 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:11 AM

General consensus is that Papa Miyamoto is pretty awesome. So, totally.

He invented The Legend of Zelda and runs the creation of all games in the franchise.  He's the one game designer who has affected my life more personally than all others, although Satoshi Tajiri comes in as a close second on that point.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#15 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:06 AM

Jim Morrison, The Notorious BIG and Freddie Mercury.

Alive?

Michael Cera, Russell Brand and Patrick Stump. 

Now, the next question:  Who would you want to be friends with benefits with?

No one, I would make Ariana Grande my sex slave wife :)

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#16 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:18 AM

Jim Morrison, The Notorious BIG and Freddie Mercury.

Alive?

Michael Cera, Russell Brand and Patrick Stump. 

No one, I would make Ariana Grande my sex slave wife :)

Isn't Russell Brand the biggest douche in the universe and the guy who married Katy Perry at the height of her sex symbol status and then fucked it up?

#17 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

He's the only vocal guy in the country sticking up for the poor and disenchanted. Unfortunately he really needs to work on his personal manifesto and decide what specifically he wants. The work he has been doing is fantastic but his talk about revolution is wank.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#18 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

Isn't Russell Brand the biggest douche in the universe and the guy who married Katy Perry at the height of her sex symbol status and then fucked it up?

He is more like a genius that can't seem to always be on his best behaviour.

Ninety percent of what he says is immature jokes and flirting, and the remaining ten percent is some of the most intelligent stuff you will hear from a person.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#19 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

Precisely the kind of individual I would get along with. 

I care not about his personal escapades, but his ability to entertain and humor me. :P

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#20 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

He's the only vocal guy in the country sticking up for the poor and disenchanted. Unfortunately he really needs to work on his personal manifesto and decide what specifically he wants. The work he has been doing is fantastic but his talk about revolution is wank.

No, he's the guy without any economic literacy doing that and being loud whilst being a complete economic novice.  He wouldn't know the difference between monetary and fiscal policy if you gave him an economic textbook.

He is more like a genius that can't seem to always be on his best behaviour.

Ninety percent of what he says is immature jokes and flirting, and the remaining ten percent is some of the most intelligent stuff you will hear from a person.

No, he makes arguments that sound smart. Many people confuse that for deep thinking. It takes very little economic knowledge to know he doesn't know the first thing about any of it.  At all.  I spent a lot of time around academics growing up. I learned to spot somebody who makes wonderful sounding arguments that fall apart under even the tiniest bit of deeper probing.  Russell Brand is the poster child for such people, at least for the British. Lena Dunham probably takes that in America.

I'd happily rebut all his arguments you think are smart. He wants a communist revolution and doesn't vote. It doesn't take much to know he's a novice.  (Remember, he's worth several million, most of which he got in the divorce from Katy Perry.)

Brand is nothing more than a Michael Savage of communist leanings. He has that crazy dude's temperament just with communist sympathies. It's freaky, honestly.

Russell Brand is probably a huge fan of Noam Chomsky.  My best friend in college loved that dude.  Learned how to debate and research better because of trying to rebut his arguments that fell apart.  Also, Noam Chomsky has a really dark history.  He denied the Cambodian Genocide and is pretty much the person responsible for the "academic" "argument" against Israel.

Let me take a guess here:  Your parents hated Margaret Thatcher.  Seems to matter much in figuring out British's people political leanings.  Rarely fails, actually.

But, I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow and won't be back until at least Sunday.  No Internet where I'm going.