#1 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:32 PM

Do any of you have pets?

I've got a huskymuttnotentirelysure thing called Alie.

4uDNNmul.jpg

nmjUGDL.jpg

#2 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

I have 3 dogs and two cats.
I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

#3 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:07 PM

I have no immediate pet right now but out at home we have a black manx cat named Comet.

I kind of want a pet mouse lately, I'd name it Pixel and teach it tricks.

#4 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

I have a monster black cat named Moe, who is somewhere north of twenty years old, and a much newer grey and white cat named Henry, also probably going to be large.

They are both at least part Main Coon, so size and glorious chest manes are the name of the game.

I will grab some pictures of my phone some time soonish and throw them on here so you can all bask in the glory of my pussies.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#5 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:00 PM

so you can all bask in the glory of my pussies.

Tehee.

I have an army of cats living in the forest around my place. They have no natural predators they can't spook off like a pack of lions around here, so they've pretty much taken over the place. I wouldn't say any of them are necessarily mine, since they don't come inside. I just feed them and play with them every now and then. It all started with a kitten given to me by a friend way back in 2007. After she died, I just sort of let her kids live around the house, since they didn't take to the idea of being house cats like mommy. Those three kept breeding and there are packs of them, three groups of about five or six, running around now.

They're mostly golden ragdolls and friendly as hell. Also, curved tails. The tips of almost all their tails are curved in like a chameleon's tongue.  

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#6 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:54 PM

Up until October I had two beautiful cats:
One a Tortie and the other a Tabby with Tortie colouring, named Velcro and Nibbler respectively. I have had them since they were 8 weeks old:

Attached File  020.jpg   218.34K   5 downloads

Attached File  029.jpg   344.14K   4 downloads

I now have only Nibbler (who recently lost her leg and her tail), because Velcro ran off for some reason and I haven't seen her since.

Because I can...

#7 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:04 AM

I have 3 dogs and two cats.

You have to be more specific than that. :P

I have no immediate pet right now but out at home we have a black manx cat named Comet.

I kind of want a pet mouse lately, I'd name it Pixel and teach it tricks.

Pixel is an awesomely nerdy name for a mouse. Do it.

I have a monster black cat named Moe, who is somewhere north of twenty years old, and a much newer grey and white cat named Henry, also probably going to be large.

They are both at least part Main Coon, so size and glorious chest manes are the name of the game.

I will grab some pictures of my phone some time soonish and throw them on here so you can all bask in the glory of my pussies.

I hope Moe looks like a grizzled veteran. 

Tehee.

I have an army of cats living in the forest around my place. They have no natural predators they can't spook off like a pack of lions around here, so they've pretty much taken over the place. I wouldn't say any of them are necessarily mine, since they don't come inside. I just feed them and play with them every now and then. It all started with a kitten given to me by a friend way back in 2007. After she died, I just sort of let her kids live around the house, since they didn't take to the idea of being house cats like mommy. Those three kept breeding and there are packs of them, three groups of about five or six, running around now.

They're mostly golden ragdolls and friendly as hell. Also, curved tails. The tips of almost all their tails are curved in like a chameleon's tongue.  

Are you plotting to take over the world with cats?

Up until October I had two beautiful cats:
One a Tortie and the other a Tabby with Tortie colouring, named Velcro and Nibbler respectively. I have had them since they were 8 weeks old:

attachicon.gif020.jpg

attachicon.gif029.jpg

I now have only Nibbler (who recently lost her leg and her tail), because Velcro ran off for some reason and I haven't seen her since.

Sorry for your loss. They're both beautiful cats though. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#8 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:31 AM

I have two cats, Mango and Papaya, they were rescues that I fell in love with.

Oh the kitten cuteness

Spoiler

And I have two dogs, Kobe and Chloe. They are rescues from kill shelters. 

Kobe is a lab/someotherkindofcutedogthatwecan'tpinpoint

Chloe is a golden retriever/border collie 

oh the puppy cuteness

Spoiler

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#9 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:42 AM

Labs are awesome, they're always so happy.

There are DNA services that can pinpoint what kind of mix a dog is, and I've been tempted to do it for Alie, if you're interested in knowing what he is.

http://www.petco.com...age_PC_dna.aspx

nmjUGDL.jpg

#10 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

My parents did think about doing his DNA profile (knowing the breed can help if there are health issues) but then we were just happy with him being Kobe; completely derpy Kobe. ^_^

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#11 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

I have a cat by the name of Willow *see, Satan spawn. She's muh avatar.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#12 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

644444_3075055135209_312037163_n.jpg?oh=

here is a picture of my cats

#13 ageekygirllikeme

ageekygirllikeme

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:20 PM

I have two dogs and two cats. One dog is black lab/st. bernard and the other is black lab/corgie. Not sure what breed the cats are. All I know is that they are very sassy.

Check out my blog https://mygeekygirllife.wordpress.com/

Check out my photography on instagram @thegeeklifeblog

#14 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:45 AM

Cats are always sassy. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#15 Launch

Launch

Byte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:35 AM

Eee! Look at all the hairy babies!

I mentioned my pigs Dahlia and Iris in my intro post, but here I want to talk about my very first pig who was the love of my life. I love animals, and craved a pet, but I had zero time for a dog and was paranoid about a cat really screwing with my collectibles. I did some reading online and decided a guinea pig would be perfect for me. I feel that it was fate that soon after someone at work posted a flyer giving away a guinea pig. He was older, but that was fine.

What wasn't fine was how bad he'd been neglected. His nails were completely overgrown, so his feet were deformed. He suffered from impaction, which his owners failed to notice, so I spent about 15 minutes one day cleaning about an inch of gunk out of his butt, nearly throwing up over the stench. Worst of all, he had lice. It makes me so sad to think about how long he must have had it. 

Due to his poor health, he was only with me for a bit over a year and a half, but we loved each other. He'd lay on my lap for hours and snuggle with me, even feeling secure enough to take naps. I still miss him every single day.

Here's Scuzzy (named after a Reboot character), the best pet there ever was:

VfnnKiS.jpg

KeEiUm6.jpg

When I brought home Dahlia and Iris, I forgot to mention Dahlia was carrying a little surprise. Unfortunately her baby was a boy, so I had to give him to the human society. It was fun while it lasted, though! Here's Colonel Mustard:

63lZLbl.jpg

X70YfCr.jpg

85pWX3v.jpg

mowing_zpsee914621.gif

#16 Launch

Launch

Byte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

Shit... It was time to trim their nails today. Dahlia suddenly violently squirmed at just the worst moment and I cut too far. I'm always prepared in case this happens, but I feel so guilty... I've never screwed up that bad before. 

mowing_zpsee914621.gif

#17 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:05 AM

Poor Launch and Dhalia.

On the other hand, I HAD THE BIGGEST FUCKING THING FOR HEXADECIMAL EVER.

Meaning I get your Reboot ref.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#18 Launch

Launch

Byte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

Poor Launch and Dhalia.

On the other hand, I HAD THE BIGGEST FUCKING THING FOR HEXADECIMAL EVER.

Meaning I get your Reboot ref.

Wooo! Yeah, Hexadecimal was the best character! It's just a shame that the... Erm... "reboot" of the show is going to be more kid friendly like the first season, but I'll give it a shot and be hopeful anyway. 

I never got over that cliff hanger when it got canceled. 

mowing_zpsee914621.gif

#19 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:16 AM

Your pets are all so cute .. I'm jealous..

we used to have a dog but it died -.-

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#20 Launch

Launch

Byte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

Ugh. I have no choice; I have to give Dahlia's fat ass a bath today. I just don't want to get bit in the stomach again ;_;

EDIT: Tried something different and it went really well this time. Her shaggy fur was too icky so she really needed it. 

mowing_zpsee914621.gif