Photo

Looking for an Artist for possible web comic project...

web comic job project scifi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 opScrotch

opScrotch

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:19 PM

Evening all, 

So I've recently been digging through all my old writing projects and I've come across a slightly off-kilter scifi folder full of scripts intended for a web-based release. Now, I am currently without kit and/or kaboodle, but reading through them I realise that they could well make funny web comics.

Comics are a new territory for me, but I figured I would ask about here for any artists that fancy a laugh putting together something half-decent and working it out as we go before I began trawling the internet. It's a time-travel-centered piece, set in the present day but with characters from various settings on an important mission. 

If you're interested in finding out a little more, give me a shout. Like I said, nothing serious but could be a laugh. 

#2 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:03 AM

So you thought it would be better to post here, rather than, say, a graphic arts forum?

That being said, you have a script, which puts you miles ahead of 90% of people as far as automatic rejection goes.
Best of luck.
I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

#3 opScrotch

opScrotch

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:40 AM

Theres a lot of science fiction and media reference-based comedy, and I'd sooner start out with someone of similar interest to me so it's more of a collaborative thing. 

And I'm filmmaker and writer, so trust me; I know how the rejection game goes!

#4 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:08 AM

Good luck in your search! If you're ever looking for a good stick man artist, call me! :)