nmjUGDL.jpg

#22 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:08 PM

Also, gol, it shouldn't take that much water, unless yall are really strict on it there. 

Still, a car and rope would be the way to go. <.<

nmjUGDL.jpg

#23 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

Gol, you shoulda named the topic 'Rise of the Guardians'. Amirite?

edit: this joke didn't work. I feel bad.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#24 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

Also, gol, it shouldn't take that much water, unless yall are really strict on it there. 

Still, a car and rope would be the way to go. <.<

They are, and I wish :P we can't get a car into our garden without a helicopter dropping one in.

Gol, you shoulda named the topic 'Rise of the Guardians'. Amirite?

Why? :3

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#25 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

Why? :3

It made sense in my head, but now that I think about it, it won't work. Should have said 'Gardenians'. I should stop making jokes right after I wake up.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#26 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

Really, you only have to get a rope back there. You can have the car on the street with a few pulleys. <.<

nmjUGDL.jpg

#27 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

It's a 250ft garden. XD

#28 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

as i said... just use the lawn mower  ^_^

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#29 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

It's a 250ft garden. XD

It's the country mentality people from the south have. There isn't a place you can't get to with a truck with four wheel drive. Berry bushes, underbrush, the side of a cliff, a lake. You need that tree taken down? Get your truck and a chain. Pesky stump? Truck and chain. Boy sniffin' around your daughter? Truck and chain.

That being said, borrow a goat and let him graze. Or whatever Eeyore from Winny the Pooh was. He fucking loves thistles. Maybe that's why he's so sad all the time; it's his primary source of food.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#30 ElleB

ElleB

Byte

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

It's the country mentality people from the south have. There isn't a place you can't get to with a truck with four wheel drive. Berry bushes, underbrush, the side of a cliff, a lake. You need that tree taken down? Get your truck and a chain. Pesky stump? Truck and chain. Boy sniffin' around your daughter? Truck and chain.

That being said, borrow a goat and let him graze. Or whatever Eeyore from Winny the Pooh was. He fucking loves thistles. Maybe that's why he's so sad all the time; it's his primary source of food.

Agreed, but don't forget the southern solutions that involve matches, beer cans, and a shot gun.

#31 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

Hire some shady foreigners. They'll get  it  something done. 

#32 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

It's a 250ft garden. XD

That's not so big. >.>

I mean, you might have to do sections so it's not like a hedge row, but still.

You have no idea how much stuff I've pulled/moved/removed with my car or jeep. >.>

Agreed, but don't forget the southern solutions that involve matches, beer cans, and a shot gun.

True story, there was a willow branch blocking a clear sight through the target range I set up across my pond, I removed it with a shotgun. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#33 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

Said it before I could. Also, first paragraph = truth.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#34 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

http://www.goodhouse...killers#slide-1

Seems like your best options are boiling water and vinegar, possibly salt too.

Because I can...

#35 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

Gonna need a loooot of vinegar. XD

Update: Took Spleen's rake advice and got to work. Have established a foothold against the Green Menace. Pulled up what appears to be dead ivy vines. Upon tackling one thick pocket of resistance, I was showered with blackberries. Was forced to retreat after projectiles proved to make me sticky.

Will salt the earth I have conquered and return tomorrow.

#36 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:20 AM

There's a blackberry bush in there? Keep that shit. >.>

nmjUGDL.jpg

#37 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:15 AM

So how many war wounds do you have so far?

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#38 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:15 AM

They grow like weeds here, their vines have the capability to grow roots so they send tendrils along the earth and grow new plants constantly. Effectively they "leap" from place to place and create a network. That's why they're so hard to get rid of. Where there's 1 there's 50 more, no loss. :P

e: @Cass, no scratches, just a few mozzy bites and some stickyness from the berries flinging at me. :P

#39 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

funny-hedge-trimmer-animated-gif.gif

THIS WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN! I need to do this!

Yeah, I agree. I grew up in a small rural farming community but it was pretty hillbilly  southern (sorry) and this was a thing.

That reminds me of a story though. Like maybe in 2009, for Earth Day i literally took a small tree sapling from the ditch near our driveway and planted it near the house in our yard (makes no sense, I thought I was doing good I guess). We thought I killed it, it didn't seem to do that well but it didn't die so we left it there. Summer 2011, my dad decided it needed to go because they were tired of going around it with the lawn mower. It wasn't very big, it only grew to about two feet.

So he put on the gardening gloves and tried to pull it out, that didn't work. Then he tried chaining it to our abused ride on lawn mower (which was beaten pretty bad, we used it as a four wheeler and took it up dirt roads). That didn't work.

So then we took our giant Ford truck onto the lawn, four wheel drive and everything, and chained the tree to that. And just the image of this tiny, wimpy looking two foot thing that was barely a tree being pulled by a giant truck was hysterical. What made it even better was my dad had the gas pedal floored, the truck wasn't moving, the tree wasn't moving, then SNAP. The chain broke and the truck jerks forward. Tree is still there. 

Eventually we dug around the soil to loosen the roots and got it out but man that tree did not want to leave.

#40 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:07 AM

my dad used to cut down the raspberry bushes with a lawn mower..

I've cut down rose bushes with a lawn mower.

5A5DjRW.gif