6 replies to this topic

#1 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

So I want to discuss two things that use to happen to me when I sleeped (it doesn't happen as often anymore). One I know other people experience but I haven't heard of any cases of people experiencing the other, I'm dubbing it dream paralysis but as far as I know that is not the official name.

The first is Sleep Paralysis (http://en.wikipedia....Sleep_Paralysis) Which is where you wake up from a dream to find yourself unable to move and having scare hallicunations in your actual room. Some of the things I've experienced where:

-having two completely white lifeless hands (like the ones in Ocarina of Time under the well) come up from around my bed and being stroking my body.

-Spiders climbing all over the walls of my room closing in.

-My mom coming into my room with a messed up smeared face screaming static at me. (I asked her later that day and she said she never came in)

The other dream paralysis as I call it is kind of like the same effect but instead in the dream. It isn't always scared but it usually happens when I begin to make actions that the dream doesn't seem to like. For instance, when I try to leave a house that the scene is suppose to be taking place in everything will suddenly get very shaky and I will end up collapsing because my dream muscles won't respond no matter how much I push.

I think it might be a lucidity thing, where if I become to lucid my real frozen muscles begin to tell my brain that I can't move and thus it enters my dreams. Has anyone heard of anything like this or maybe experienced it?

#2 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:52 AM

Sleep paralysis has been a terrifying experience for me and recollection of it, in fact even the word, makes me shiver. I know it's happened to me three times and only once was it barely worrying. One time I remember specifically a man was standing at the corner of the bed staring at me. Another time I felt as if I was pulling my 'spirit' (and I don't believe in the existence of a physical/ religious spirit, to clarify) out of my own body, it became such a struggle to try and pull myself up that after a while I gave up and seemed to collapse into myself.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#3 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:41 AM

That's terrifying, Gol..

I tried lucid dreaming before when I was 16 or so. I had these hypnosis mp3s that were supposed to make you lucid dream afterwards. I don't think it ever happened. Lucid dreaming has a higher risk of sleep paralysis and luckily it's never happened to me. Every tale I hear of sleep paralysis terrifies me and I hope I never experience it. 

Dream paralysis I don't think I've had in that way. Usually when I try to do something my dream doesn't like, it just sort of 'rewinds' and I have to do it the 'right' way. I remember once I had a sex dream and apparently my brain did not want me to practice safe sex because no matter how hard I tried, it would not let me put on the condom.

#4 Bloodangel

Bloodangel

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

I hate sleep and dream paralysis. When I was younger I actually thought I was being possessed by a demonic bulldog/reaper.

How I Feel When People I Hate Have A Miserable Day

5pZjHAx.gif      200.gif

#5 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:03 PM

Wow.
Worst I've ever experienced is apnea and nightmares.

-My mom coming into my room with a messed up smeared face screaming static at me. (I asked her later that day and she said she never came in)

That is literally the most terrifying thing I can imagine. Stuff like that--that kind of altered reality-type thing--scares the utter SHIT out of me.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#6 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:45 AM

Pretty sure puppy's and gum drops scare you though Mr. Sympa. X3

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#7 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:41 AM

I dunno, Gol, puppies got some teef on 'em. And what the fuck is up with the shape of gumdrops?! It's just not natural!

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif