3 replies to this topic

#1 steampunkgrrrl

steampunkgrrrl

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSouthwest AL

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

Ok, so i picked this one out at random because i liked the description: 30 year old loser spends all his time wishing for a life and decides to get a virtual girlfriend and live a virtual life.

But it's so much more than that...it has so many layers. This poor guy starts out having no life then graduallyintegrates into the real world because of the virtual one. There's the existence of a god-like program that is totally sentient and self aware....and by far this is the most grotesque art style i've seen. It reminds me of the garbage pail kids.

BUT IT'S SO GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

Definitely worth checking out.
card.png

#2 steampunkgrrrl

steampunkgrrrl

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSouthwest AL

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

Typo...it's called ressentiment
card.png

#3 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

TOME: The Terrain of Magical Expertise by Kirbopher is rather similar. At least from the description you gave. It's a great series over at Newgrounds. Little Kuriboh, the guy behind Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series, even does a voice for it. And JonTron!

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#4 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

And JonTron!

Aaaaand I'm interested.

Ressentiment sounds interesting in concept, but loses me at the grotesque art style... If someone non-graphic novelizes it, I might sign up.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: manga