The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:48 AM

Summer is over, hello Cyclone Lusi!!!!

4610983.jpg

Happens every year. An epic storm always greets us at the beginning of winter.

Probably nothing compared to what the States have been experiencing lately.

I for one love shitty weather. I love the roar of the wind, the rain against the window and the clap of thunder that shakes the walls. I'm guaranteed a good nights sleep. I think I'm the only one excited. Everyone else seems to be emptying the shelves at the supermarket and going nuts. I guess I need to find another battery for my PS Vita :)

But stay safe NZ, I'm going to ride this pony like a BAWSS!!!!!

full.gif

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#2 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

NZ!? You live there!? Really??

#3 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

Oh, man. When I was young and rebellious (18..) I went alone to NZ for 2 months. Lived with the Kearney family oh yes! IT WAS WICKED AWESOME THERE! 

It took me about 3 days to travel one way. For those of you who don't know far Norway is to NZ, worry not, for there is simply no country that could be further away~

#4 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

Neat, you should film it for us.

5A5DjRW.gif

#5 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

Don't even fucking talk to me about weather.

43 F to -1 F in a week.

I'm bloody DONE.

/New England

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#6 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

NZ!? You live there!? Really??

Oh, man. When I was young and rebellious (18..) I went alone to NZ for 2 months. Lived with the Kearney family oh yes! IT WAS WICKED AWESOME THERE! 

It took me about 3 days to travel one way. For those of you who don't know far Norway is to NZ, worry not, for there is simply no country that could be further away~

Yes. I live in Middle Earth. That's why Norway's cold weather appeals to me, very similar to NZ.

I think the girls told me that their flight took them 15+ hours? Our University (Waikato) has like an exchange program with the University of Bergen therefore we get plenty of Norwegian people bracing our shores. I learnt a few things about your people....

1) Norwegians really loved to play football and took pleasure in owning us every Sunday. Every one of ya plays like Morten Gamst Pedersen.

2) You guys are remarkably youthful looking, Marte told me it's because the cold weather freezes their faces preserving youth lol.

3) You guys can DRINK us under the table. For a country (NZ) that prides itself for it's alcoholism..... the girls we're able to best us all the time. lol

Neat, you should film it for us.

I shalt. Expect Full HD :D Canon 60D ;)

43 F to -1 F in a week.

I'm bloody DONE.

/New England

Haha It's kind of a nice welcome considering we've been having bad patches of drought lately. Besides I love snuggling in bed. YEBBBOOIII!@!!!!!

#7 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

Yes. I live in Middle Earth. That's why Norway's cold weather appeals to me, very similar to NZ.

I think the girls told me that their flight took them 15+ hours? Our University (Waikato) has like an exchange program with the University of Bergen therefore we get plenty of Norwegian people bracing our shores. I learnt a few things about your people....

1) Norwegians really loved to play football and took pleasure in owning us every Sunday. Every one of ya plays like Morten Gamst Pedersen.

2) You guys are remarkably youthful looking, Marte told me it's because the cold weather freezes their faces preserving youth lol.

3) You guys can DRINK us under the table. For a country (NZ) that prides itself for it's alcoholism..... the girls we're able to best us all the time. lol

I don't even... Sure seems like fun facts though xD Where in "middle earth" are you situated? I spent my time in Auckland + plus a two week round trip north-south (never been on the south island though!)

Oh, and bergen has a pretty big airport.. I had to take 12 hours of train just to reach my capital Oslo xD then I went to Vienna-kuala lumpur-Sydney-Auckland

#8 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:48 PM

43 F to -1 F in a week.

I'm bloody DONE.

/New England

Ohnowhatashameyou'llhavetocomesouthwithme.

Stay say Robbie! Yeah you'll have to film it if it's cool. Not gonna lie I'm the same; I hate the rain, hate the snow but fucking love storms.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#9 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:57 AM

Thanks Gol~

Kind of a disappointment though. It fizzled out before it hit landfall. Only a bit of drizzle and wind, no real destruction lol I guess that's a good thing, but I was kind of looking forward to the fireworks. 

The wind however was strong enough to blow most of the feijoas off the tree NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

#10 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

I don't even... Sure seems like fun facts though xD Where in "middle earth" are you situated? I spent my time in Auckland + plus a two week round trip north-south (never been on the south island though!)

Oh, and bergen has a pretty big airport.. I had to take 12 hours of train just to reach my capital Oslo xD then I went to Vienna-kuala lumpur-Sydney-Auckland

Oops didn't see this.

I live on the East coast. Gisborne. Small little city next to the beach. I've never been to the south island either, cheaper to fly to Australia. lol

What we're you doing in NZ? I don't really like Auckland that much. Everybody seems so serious up those ways. lol

#11 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:27 AM

Oops didn't see this.

I live on the East coast. Gisborne. Small little city next to the beach. I've never been to the south island either, cheaper to fly to Australia. lol

What we're you doing in NZ? I don't really like Auckland that much. Everybody seems so serious up those ways. lol

Oh, really? 

I was.. rebelling I think? I think the entire trip was around 30-35k NOK... Traveling costs were 25k alone xD 

I had a friend over there since like forever, so I just decided to go, no matter what my parents said :P

Also lived in Holland and Sweden :D

#12 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:24 AM

Oh, really? 

I was.. rebelling I think? I think the entire trip was around 30-35k NOK... Traveling costs were 25k alone xD 

I had a friend over there since like forever, so I just decided to go, no matter what my parents said :P

Also lived in Holland and Sweden :D

Wow that's mega expensive. You must be rich? lol Mind you Euros, NOK and even Koruna are worth twice the NZ dollar. lol

You seem rather brave and adventurous. I've lived in Australia and visited The United States. Would love to visit a non English speaking country..... That's why I plan on moving to Japan. 

Rebelling? Hahaha I feel you sister. My parents think I'm crazy. 

#13 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Hehe! You really should travel if you want to! Spread your wings and soar like a bird while you can! or some gibberish like that..

Honestly, I firmly believe one should be as crazy and childish as one wants and to travel wherever you wanna go!

Before you know it Rob, a baby's gonna pop out of some innocent lookin girl you knocked up and then life would be over as you know it. mhm.

#14 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:21 AM

No, you don't know Rob well enough yet. He will be stabbed by a yakuza the second he gets off of the plane. It's not even,conjecture, we all accept it as fact.

Summer is over, hello Cyclone Lusi!!!!

4610983.jpg

Kind of a disappointment though. It fizzled out before it hit landfall. Only a bit of drizzle and wind, no real destruction lol I guess that's a good thing, but I was kind of looking forward to the fireworks. 

The wind however was strong enough to blow most of the feijoas off the tree NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Nothing at all from that beast? Wow.

Also, I had to look up what a feijoa was. It sounds like it should be Australian slang for testies.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#15 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

Hehe! You really should travel if you want to! Spread your wings and soar like a bird while you can! or some gibberish like that..

Honestly, I firmly believe one should be as crazy and childish as one wants and to travel wherever you wanna go!

Before you know it Rob, a baby's gonna pop out of some innocent lookin girl you knocked up and then life would be over as you know it. mhm.

Yeah I intend to, but lack the finances at the moment. Spent all my cash on my o.e last year. And getting a proper job in my city is near impossible. Unfortunately field work and packing shelves are the only options. And you can't really save anything. lol 

I think I've only had one "scare" when a former mistress of mine thought she was "knocked up" luckily it was a false alarm, but never before had time passed by so slowly. I actually thought to myself, "Well I'm fucked" lol

But now that I'm a little bit more mature, and I stress the "little bit" I decided that I'm only going to worry about "me" and I just look at my younger brother who has 2 younglings and the many things that he can't do, I've seen many great things (sights, countries, people) and yet my brother is limited to staying home and look after his kids. Not a bad thing but that's just not me..... well not yet anyway. I'll worry about that when I'm in my 30's. 

No, you don't know Rob well enough yet. He will be stabbed by a yakuza the second he gets off of the plane. It's not even,conjecture, we all accept it as fact.

Nothing at all from that beast? Wow.

Also, I had to look up what a feijoa was. It sounds like it should be Australian slang for testies.

I knew I shouldn't have ripped that dude off with his cocaine. Gosh darn it. 

Nah aye, it looked pretty gnarly but once it got here..... *poof* Light rain. I guess it's like those people with big mouths, talk up a lotta smack then when it comes to the actual fight..... nothing hahaha

Haha Oh bro, you don't know what you're missing. Feijoa's are the bomb!!!!! Mind you most people haven't heard of them, heck, even the auto-correct on this thing doesn't seem to think that it's a real word. hahaha 

But yeah every year our tree just explodes with them, we even make wine out of it. I dislike regular grape wine, but this shit is like nice and sweet. Taste more like bubbly, and you gotta be careful because it may taste mild and weak but it kicks your ass pretty hard. I think these babies are 12-20% not really bad but you lose track of how much you're drinking... sooner or later you're making out with the toilet...... *not basing this on experience either.......*  :ph34r:  :blink:  :unsure:  :wacko: