• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 gigatime

gigatime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

I don't know if this belongs here but this topic brings shame in my life.

Okay so I have stuck with 2 names through out my gaming career and I got 2 from when I was about 7 for the first one and 10 for the second. The first one I used for Club Penguin back when it was the shit, my name was MrYoyo8. So this was just one of those wow i feel cool I like my name even though it was pretty lame and I was only 7. So then I started playing another game, ROBLOX, and my name was GoldCrown. ROBLOX was a mistake even though I became friends with a lot of well known players I never felt totally happy there. 

So now I want a new name. I am not asking you to create my name just tell me your own name that you have stuck with and how you got it. It will help if you give me tips of names you have encountered and liked so maybe I can look off of it and make my own name. I have been using weird names now for every other game I play. So I just want one that I can stick with. Sipsy is one of these weird names. 

So just list:

1. What is the username you stick with

2. How you got it

3. Give me a tip or suggestion of a name

4. And give me a name you have seen and like

3 and 4 are optional but please tell me #1 and #2.

Thank you!

#2 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

GoldCrown isn't bad, but maybe substituting a different word for crown would be cooler/better. 

Also in my opinion the best usernames are always the funny ones that don't really have any meaning or are just humorous. For example I was playing League yesterday and there was a guy by the name of MashedPotatoes. I can't explain why but I love simple and derpy names like that.

My username has always been Chaos. I got it because a couple years ago me and my buddies played a ton of F2P FPS games because we got bored of everything else. And we all reached a point where everyone was really good at Combat Arms (our favorite F2P FPS), and when our clan would clan war people would always say I caused chaos when we fought. The reason they said this is because 1. they could never find me, I have mastered the element of stealth in that game. 2. they NEVER knew where I shot/killed them from. So my buddies started calling me Chaos because of that. It's a lame way to get a nickname/username but I love the name for some reason and it's stuck with me for years now. 

This username, Sethre, that I use on forums is almost more of a 'business' username that I use from time to time when I can't use Chaos. I actually took the word sethre out of the Eragon series books. It means poison in the language that Christopher Paolini made for the series (I'm a die hard fan of the series). 

So if you want a cool username you could just mash a lot of words together or take a word or something out of a book, anime, or movie you love. Doesnt really matter what it is so long as you like it.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#3 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

I always go for the cutesy ones.

SushiKitten is obviously pretty cutesy, but I also like ScribbleKitten and LunieMoonie

#4 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

I think those are some of the most bubbly names I have ever heard.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#5 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

I think those are some of the most bubbly names I have ever heard.

:lol: Like me!

Haha, no.

#6 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

I'm horribly uncreative with names. I've used spleenbegone for everything since 2003.

nmjUGDL.jpg

#7 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

For a while, I used names with the word "Fang" in them, but now I use RespawningEnemy for everything. I chose RespawningEnemy because it's available everywhere I go, and because it's video game related. I also like how it's a name based off the least threatening entities in games. I use the name "Guy" for characters that don't have names in games if RespawningEnemy doesn't fit.

For name suggestions, try to make it something unique like CyberTrain or CatPajamas and try to make sure it says you.

#8 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

I'm horribly uncreative with names. I've used spleenbegone for everything since 2003.

I pretty much use one username once I find one that I like. I've used Chaos for 4 or 5 years now. Also I like SpleenBeGone, like who else would use that? So it's super creative.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#9 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

So far, no one. >.>

nmjUGDL.jpg

#10 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

Exactly.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#11 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

Affray is what I have used for my every web handle since late high school.

I decided I needed a new, good username for forums and such but couldn't pull a really good one off the top of my head, so I busted out a dictionary, closed my eyes, and stabbed blindly at a random page after flipping around a bit. Effectively letting fate choose my name.

I landed on Affray and liked the sound of it, so it became me.

Before that I was MorbidTart in some places, Odin in others, and Nether here and there.

I completely understand the want to find that one perfect name that you feel suits you, so others can identify and understand you st a glance, but there is no one was to arrive on that name. When the time is right, it will find you.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#12 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

Affray, you will forever be known as MorbidTart to me from now on. 10/10 best name ever.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#13 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

I've been using d0ct0rscarecr0w for a few years now. It is my general gaming alias online.

Dr. Scarecrow was my nickname in high school as all the nerds in my school had a thing called the doctors club, if you were friends with a doctor you could usually get a doctor title but most everyone else got nurse or intern titles.

Anyway, that started around the time I first got a Youtube account so I used it because I couldn't think of anything else. Later I started running into an issue where drscarecrow was usually taken so was doctorscarecrow so it eventually became d0ct0rscarecr0w because the zeroes are so silly no one else would ever use them.

#14 gigatime

gigatime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

Dr. Scarecrow was my nickname in high school as all the nerds in my school had a thing called the doctors club, if you were friends with a doctor you could usually get a doctor title but most everyone else got nurse or intern titles.

No offense but was that school like, home school or independent study? Because I find that a bit odd. Unless you mean the group of your friends only got the title before it. Even then though, I'm sorry, no offense, but I would only except it in elementary school v.v I feel like a meanie.

#15 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

No offense but was that school like, home school or independent study? Because I find that a bit odd. Unless you mean the group of your friends only got the title before it. Even then though, I'm sorry, no offense, but I would only except it in elementary school v.v I feel like a meanie.

I'm not even sure what you are implying. It was a normal high school. I suppose there was not really any 'club' it mostly just involved whenever there were a lot of us in a room together we should shake hands and say "doctor" like something out of a Monty Python sketch. It mostly just meant you were a nerd at our high school.

If you are thinking that is rather silly and childish, well duh we were being geeks what do you expect? This was back when memes were a thing.

#16 gigatime

gigatime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

were a lot of us in a room together we should shake hands and say "doctor" like something out of a Monty Python sketch. 

OOOOOOH. Nevermind I sometimes do that.Sorry xd I was thought something different.

#17 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

I'm Golgotha all over the internet. From the Fallout 2 location in New Reno. I know it's also the name for Calvary but, eh.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#18 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

OOOOOOH. Nevermind I sometimes do that.Sorry xd I was thought something different.

That 16 yo kids were friends with grown men with Phds, right? I thought that too for a moment, as he described it.

Danico has been my name since middle school. There are quite a few people irl who only know me as Danico.

Go with a name like rectal cancer, lower case. That way when you kill someone ingame it'll say:

Affray was killed by rectal cancer.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#19 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

I just go with 'Rob$tar' or resort to using 'Robstar' when I have to.

It's my rap name and apparently my alias when I get drunk lol. 

It's been my nickname and online name since 2008.

chur

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#20 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Go with a name like rectal cancer,

The first thing I saw was 'rectal' so I wouldn't want people thinking that I'm obsessed with bum-bums....... or would I? .................

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???