#1 BldyShdw

BldyShdw

Byte

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Is anyone looking forward to this?

I loved 2 and Brotherhood but missed out on Revelations and 3.

I'm hoping to finish those before I buy IV.

#2 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Definitely play all previous games before getting in to the latest.

They are all sort of integral parts of the grand scheme.

I will undoubtedly get my hands on the new one when it comes out, as I have enjoyed all others, but I refuse to let myself get all hyped up for any up and coming games.

I just wait until it is out and then another month or two, then get it cheap somewhere.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#3 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

Captain Overexcited Cyclops

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Gawd I loved three so much.  Revelations is kind of forgettable but you need to play it to really close up the story between two and three.  Not sure how much those are going to matter for four since, from what I hear, it's not Desmond, and plus it's set chronologically before three.  I dunno, we'll see.  Psyched, though, because pirates!

#4 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

Yeah, I was about to say just what Rasta said. I mean,

Spoiler

And I'm not sure if it's a prequel, just set before 3's American Revolution setting. I think the big bads have access to all of the genetic memories and you play as someone in their group this time round. I could easily be wrong, haven't gotten more than a passing explanation.

That being said, a friend has already expressed the desire for a night of rum and piratin' release day. I'll show up for her liquor. Rum + cherry Coke is my favorite drink ever.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#5 BldyShdw

BldyShdw

Byte

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Gawd I loved three so much.  Revelations is kind of forgettable but you need to play it to really close up the story between two and three.  Not sure how much those are going to matter for four since, from what I hear, it's not Desmond, and plus it's set chronologically before three.  I dunno, we'll see.  Psyched, though, because pirates!

Cool, I had heard mixed things about 3 but I will pick that up and revelations in preparation for 4

#6 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

As soon as I got to pilot a warship in the last game I knew they were going to bring that back in the next game.

It is amazingly exhilarating to be on the water fighting other ships.

Plus I am terrified of water/open ocean, so it was extra spooky when there was a huge storm thrashing you about.

I imagine this next game will be even more pirate shippy.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#7 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

Captain Overexcited Cyclops

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

Cool, I had heard mixed things about 3 but I will pick that up and revelations in preparation for 4

Cool.  Just be prepared.  Three is not like one or two.  You do not play a suave italian demigod.  It will feel/play differently because of this.  This is, in my opinion, what makes a better and more relatable protagonist, but a lot of people got off on living through the ubermensch that is Ezio, so I dunno.

#8 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

I haven't finished Revelations yet, and I haven't touched 3. So I won't get Black Flag until next year, probably.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#9 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

I stopped after the first expansion to Assassins Creed 2. Revalations? what ever it was called. I loved the first 2 but then I got more frustrated with the gameplay and story. Its way way way to easy and its just extremely boring now. The fighting is so boring and way to easy. They should have made it more like you should fail if you don't do the assassins in a clever and good way. Much like in the Hitman games. Also they should have made the fighting more like in like Batman Arkham City.

#10 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

In all fairness, copying Batman's fluid combat system would have just pissed off fans of both games.

Assassin's Creed already had their own thing going and changing the play style would have cheapened the whole thing for me.