HemoGoblin

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

What kind of drinks do you guys like?

I like Jager straight

I drink Bacardi Select lightly diluted for flavor.

I drop J&BRare scotch in beer for boilermakers.

I drop Fireball Cinnamon in Hard Cider

and I've mixed Sake with Cranberry Ginger Ale for a kind of foofy afternoon drink.

Had mead once, was good stuff although I suspect it was sweetened because it wasn't nearly as aggressive as I've been warned.

1013385_10200951650460726_1725076785_n.j

#2 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

If I'm doing liqour and mixer it's usually vodka and something. I like to mix orange soda with the whipped vodka flavor, tastes like a dreamsicle. If I'm doing shots it's usually tequila, I usually stick to beer though.

I'd say my favorites are probably (in no order) Landshark, Shiner Bock, Blue Moon and Fat Tire.

#3 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

I quite like whiskey, brandy, port and sherry if I can get any. If not I'll take cider.

#4 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

Fireball and Lemon chello where two drinks me and my drinking buddies always did shots of or mixed.

Sambuca and black sambuca was another drink we had on occasion.

there was also this one clear alcohol they'd pick up when celebrating something that had about $5 worth of small gold flakes in the alcohol, tasted like fireball and was pretty tasty. 

5A5DjRW.gif

#5 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

Beer - above all other beverages even better than water.

Julmust + Sprite + Lime (Julmust = swedish cristmas soda, kinda like coke but so much better)

White russian (classic)

#6 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

JB and coke for mixer.

Polish Butterfly for shot (Its got to be good if they bring it to you and its on fire).

Tooheys Old or Guiness from the tap. From the bottle ill go a Carlton Cold or a Tooheys Extra Dry.

#7 Benihime

Benihime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • LocationDee. Eff. Dub.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

Mix jäger and rumplemintz, even up. It's yummy.

Also like Barenjager shots or Baccardi Select, straight up.

Other than that I am a shiner bock lover.

But I'm not much of a drinker; I imbibe once a year.
image-54.jpg

#8 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

Ehehehehe alcohol.

My favourite drink in general is cider, preferably something by Koppaberg or a local brewer. I don't mind the odd beer, none of this 'light' crap though, mostly beers I drink are: Cobra, Tiger or San Miguel. I can hardly drink spirits any more since I passed out on rum and vodka, but I can stomach vodka if it's mixed with WKD or Bacardi....so Bacardi Breezer too. White and Black Russian's are fantastic, as is sherry, especially when the latter has a real earthy taste. I love Shiraz, Merlot and Cabernet but I'll drink most red wines. Oh and Irish coffee is fantastic.

The alien brain haemorrhage is on my bucket list, need to get that own my neck sharpish.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#9 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

A single plum, floating in perfume, served in a man's hat.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#10 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

A single plum, floating in perfume, served in a man's hat.

lol

I'll enjoy anything that's sweet, I'm not really into dry, bitter or smokey flavours.

But if I'm doing it to get drunk it's vodka all the way.

Tequila is the ONLY alcohol that gives me a hangover, everything else I do not get hangovers with.

It's weird yo

Because I can...

#11 Kori

Kori

Byte

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOmicron Persei 8

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

Bleh, liquor, haha. I tried getting into all kinds of that stuff, but it's just not for me. I'll drink a bit of JD every now and then, if it's like JD lemonade or mixed with something else, and I'll do shots of Fireball, but really that's it haha. I like malt liquors though, like Mike's Hard Lemonade and some flavored Smirnoff ice, but other than that, I'm good.

As for beer, well, that's a more extensive list! Bud (Light, Orginal, Lime--and their variety pack that had this awesome Dark Amber lager and Vanilla Spice jawn), Yuengling, Coors (Lite, Original), Shocktop, Magic Hat, Sam Adams, Blue Moon, Corona, Lionshead, Rolling Rock, and I'm a huuuuuuge fan of microbreweries and house beers. There's this one place I go to up in  Mansfield--Yorkholo--and they have this sour ale that is just soooooooooo good, haha. If you're ever in that area, I highly suggest that place.

Come join ussssssss. http://www.allyournerd.us

We're totally legit.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AllYourNerd

Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/AllYourNerd

#12 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

Captain Overexcited Cyclops

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Beeeer.  Beer beer beer beer!

Seriously though.  Beer.

Can't stand most big brand beers (budweiser/miller/coors/what have you).  Sam Adams is pretty good if I'm going with a big company, but I am a dirty whore for craft beers.  I'll have a glass of any beer once. (note: it's a cardinal sin to dump beer, even if it's grody.  Finish what you start).

When it comes to the harder stuff, I enjoy scotch (unfortunately I'm not rich enough to expand my tastes beyond the occasional Johnnie Walker), vodka, rum, and various sundry liquors.  Tequila is my mortal enemy, and I'm not a huge fan of sweet drinks, so I don't mix much.

#13 Kori

Kori

Byte

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

(note: it's a cardinal sin to dump beer, even if it's grody.  Finish what you start).

"Finish your beer, there are sober kids in India."

We're totally legit.

#14 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

I was playing beer pong last night, my cups were filled up with 1664 and Magners Dark Fruits. I managed to win the game by default because after two pints my mate spewed a bit and I told him to take it easy. Oh Irish liver, I love you. In an earlier game my mate's brother made me laugh just as I was downing a pint of this rank arse beer and I managed to make it pour out of my nose...felt like I was bloody drowning in cheap booze. D=

#15 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

I was playing beer pong last night, my cups were filled up with 1664 and Magners Dark Fruits. I managed to win the game by default because after two pints my mate spewed a bit and I told him to take it easy. Oh Irish liver, I love you. In an earlier game my mate's brother made me laugh just as I was downing a pint of this rank arse beer and I managed to make it pour out of my nose...felt like I was bloody drowning in cheap booze. D=

All that post did was make me want to drink with you even more.

I want to match my Czech/Ukranian genetic tolerance of alcohol against your Irish prowess.

Plus all that seems like a bloody good time.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#16 Kori

Kori

Byte

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

I wanna drink with you, too. Not only 'cause of our Irish tolerances, but you sound so British/Irish right there and if you have a mixture, or one of those, accents, I'd love to hear you speak! (totally not weird, right?)

We're totally legit.

#17 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Not weird at all. Would it suffice to create a sound recording of me saying stereotypically British things for you, whilst eating crumpets? XD

#18 inhumanrampager

inhumanrampager

Byte

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm a rum kind of dude. I enjoy my rum and cokes. I also enjoy peppermint schnapps, and occasionally, some jager or cinnamon schnapps. My boss came up with this one silly drink idea.....it was Jager, and Arizona Half and Half (the Arnold Palmer if you will).....he called it the Arnold Schwarzenegger. I've yet to try it, but I died laughing when he told me about it.

#19 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Not weird at all. Would it suffice to create a sound recording of me saying stereotypically British things for you, whilst eating crumpets? XD

You have to talk about the weather and drink some tea too :P

Because I can...

#20 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

Captain Overexcited Cyclops

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

All that post did was make me want to drink with you even more.

I want to match my Czech/Ukranian genetic tolerance of alcohol against your Irish prowess.

Plus all that seems like a bloody good time.

I wanna drink with you, too. Not only 'cause of our Irish tolerances, but you sound so British/Irish right there and if you have a mixture, or one of those, accents, I'd love to hear you speak! (totally not weird, right?)

If this is happening, my Scottish/Germanic blood needs to be in the running, as well.