#1 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hello folks,

Initially this project fell through but I now have an opportunity to bring it back to life thanks to some support from Spleen. Therefore I come to you today with a job posting. I suppose I'll write it up professionally, start as I mean to go on and all.

Contract Type: Part Time with the possibility of being called up to do small bits and bobs every few months
Hours of work: As long as you want, this is a flexible position and I can give a month or two, potentially longer, under the correct circumstances. I'm not familiar with how long it takes to do coding so you benefit from my lack of expertise.
Experience Required: Must have experience in coding at an intermediate or advanced level. You will be expected to understand such languages as (X)HTML, MySQL and javascript.

What you will do in this role:

You will be expected to work independently and consistently in coding the scripts for a news aggregate website which takes top stories from a variety of other sites and posts them onto a single hub.

You will have to work remotely and will be able to maintain contact with other members of the team via Skype. You will be able to initiate discourse with other team members about any queries you may have.

Pay:

Payment will not be immediate. This is a project to launch a new brand and may take a number of months to generate supernormal profit. As a member of the development and management team you will be given a percentage of all net profits the brand turns over however, you will also have a say in the direction that the brand takes and will be able to maintain close contact with the rest of the development team. There is currently no estimate as to what your payment will be but the successful applicant will go into further discussion on this matter to negotiate the percentage share of the business you want to receive.

There is a possibility that the brand will not generate any cash and has to be dissolved, as with all ventures there is a risk factor. You will not be asked to add anything to the project except time and code however, so hopefully the chance to make some money covers that. You would also retain the rights to the written code so that if the company fell through you could use it elsewhere.

So far there are three people involved in this project, Spleen, an external member who will help with design and running and myself. As you can see there is already some interest and I hope that acts as a measure of reassurance for you.

If you have any queries then please make them heard below. Please deliver any applications to my work email at: fieldstroller@gmail.com with an attached CV and cover letter if possible.

Thanks for reading!

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#2 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

What technology stack do you plan on using (ASP.NET, PHP, Node.js, Python, RoR)?

#3 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

I offered to host it, so it'd be php, python, or RoR.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#4 K_N

K_N

Megabyte

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

I'm gonna be brutally honest, you're not going to attract much serious work with a percentage-of-revenue payment. Most of us in the biz have lost way too much time and money on those kinds of deals. You're better off just asking for volunteer help.

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

#5 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

I know that it could potentially go either way, but then so could any start up project. I didn't think that asking for volunteer help would be viable because I'm not sure about how much time and effort it would take to code this sort of thing, hence offering any sort of financial compensation I can would be better than nothing I would presume? I also forgot to mention that anyone who is potentially interested and would like to read the business plan can do so if they email me requesting a copy of the PDF document.

#6 K_N

K_N

Megabyte

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

I just mean in terms of finding good help - I'd say that the kind of people responding to that type of pay offer would generally be less experienced than those who'd respond to a request for volunteer help.

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

#7 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Ah, fair point.