• 959 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Oh no, wait, it doesn't.
It explodes. Again.
And then there's a new universe.

[Maybe.]

I find this oddly comforting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-21499765
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#2 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Its stuff like this that makes me wish I were immortal.
It would be well worth the wait to see all of these theories through to the end.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#3 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Very nice

It actually fits the model I read in a book called "The Matter Myth" about how the universe was created.
Quite awesome

Because I can...

#4 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

It would be well worth the wait to see all of these theories through to the end.

I absolutely agree.
It would be the ultimate moment of vindication, too, when the new universe exploded into being.

You'd be floating around space with your hair miles long, and you'd be like, "AHA! HA! AHAHAHA! Take THAT, people who said that being immortal would result in me floating around in a void forever! I wish you weren't all dead so I could GLOAT IN YOUR FACES!"

Very nice

It actually fits the model I read in a book called "The Matter Myth" about how the universe was created.
Quite awesome

Oh r'lyeh? =O
Sounds like a fascinating book. Nonfiction, I take it?
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#5 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Oh r'lyeh? =O
Sounds like a fascinating book. Nonfiction, I take it?

Yeah nonfiction. It's not souly written on that, it's bascially explains some of the significant discoveries and theories of Quantum mechanics with a bit cosmology thrown in.
It's written very well, many things that I've read on physics is quite dry and hard to read, but I found this book difficult to put down.

Because I can...

#6 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

Captain Overexcited Cyclops

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

This. Honestly, the only reason I would want to be immortal is to see all of the freaking AWESOME shit that's going to happen in all the billions of years after my natural life ends.

#7 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

You'll have to wait through a lot of boring shit first though. After the stelliferous era comes the degenerate era and I can imagine sitting through that for 10^60 year or whatever would be a massive bore. xD

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#8 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Need an invincible deck of cards, An invincible and perpetual motion machine ipod/kindle charger, invincible kindle, ipod and laptop. Don't forget you need enough space on it to save every book ever written, every song ever recorded, every video game ever made and every movie, anime, tv show...

I still think you will be kicking around the last 12 billion years or so re-reading a couple times... Very boring indeed!

I would say it is worth it to see the universes largest explosion though!

#9 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

I could probably manage the boredom if I had books to pass the time.
Even after they all rotted away and none were left, I would just write my own.
In my head or on something, either way.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.