#1 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

http://www.livescien...tion-pains.html

Gotta love the troubles that our progress has brought us.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#2 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

I haven't experienced any of this.....yet, at least :P

fl9Uov4.gif

#3 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

And our big brains mean that childbirth occurs early, comparative to other primates. See, here. More misadventures in evolution.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#4 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Bad backs..huh?

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#5 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Eh, you take the good with the bad when it somes to evolution.
It was beneficiary for us to stand, to free our hand for use of tools to hunt larger prey and devolop larger brains, it may become our downfall one day, we may even fix the problem one day.

All I have to say for it is, while giving us problems turns out it was a good idea, we are the largest group of of mammels on the panet. It worked!

Also
I have a problem with this analogy.
"Then take a book like a dictionary and put it on top. This is the head. If you are really careful, you can balance it — otherwise there's a lot of porcelain on the ground," Latimer said. "Then imagine taking this and putting in all the curves that you naturally have in the spine. I could give you all the duct tape in the world, and you still couldn't possibly balance it."

It's a bad one, we have various tendons, ligments and muscle that allow for the curvature of the spine, not to mention the sack we call our skin to hold everything in place. So while it's a good example of how fragile it is, it's not very accurate. Give me some duct tape, bluetac and a sac to put the tea cups in and I could make the curvature work.

Because I can...

#6 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

All I can say is that I have a big mouth and tiny teeth, ergo, my wisdom have plenty of room to erupt. They're half way now actually but I think they've stopped, which is kinda annoying and icky because half of the teeth are hiding under my gum whilst the other half are sort of pushed up.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#7 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

All I can say is that I have a big mouth and tiny teeth, ergo, my wisdom have plenty of room to erupt. They're half way now actually but I think they've stopped, which is kinda annoying and icky because half of the teeth are hiding under my gum whilst the other half are sort of pushed up.

Mine did that too, then I got a cavity in one of my wisdom teeth because I couldn't clean them properly due to them being partially hidden by my gums.
Worst pain ever, I could barely drink water without the aftermath being excrutiating pain. I dropped down to 168 pounds because I couldn't eat anything for a month or two, which is the lightest I have been since I was about thirteen.

So I guess what im saying is be careful with that scenario, it could be a terrible experience if not managed properly.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#8 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Brb, gonna go brush the shit out of my teeth.

#9 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

Brb, gonna go brush the shit out of my teeth.

Good plan.

A lot of people who don't need to get their wisdom teeth removed do it anyway as a precaution to stuff like what I had.
If I didn't get a cavity and require mine to be taken out I never would have.

#10 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

I'm quite lucky in that the spaces around my teeth make them very easy to clean, and I do spend a fair amount of time making sure they're done properly.