82 replies to this topic

#41 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Oh yeah I forgot, I did a comic book about Captain Underpants (By Dave Pelzer)

Was 20 pages long, I'll try find it to upload, no guarantees tho :)

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#42 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

Oh yeah I forgot, I did a comic book about Captain Underpants (By Dave Pelzer)

Was 20 pages long, I'll try find it to upload, no guarantees tho :)

I did the exact same thing.

Exact.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#43 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

I did the exact same thing.

Exact.

I admire the simplicity of the artwork. But I haven't read the recent books in the series.

My comic resembled the way George and Harold would draw them lol

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#44 Epic?OhYes

Epic?OhYes

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationI should post more.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

I write :D 

30c3cwj.gif

^ My future Wife

WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.

#45 Supernova

Supernova

Byte

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

It seems like everyone has a closure issue with their stories. I wrote a novel (handwriting) when I was 12. It took me 4 months and 210 pages. The pastor of the church I used to attend back then asked to check it out and... burned it. I've never gone back there again. Also when I was young, between my 8 and 12 years old, I used to draw and write comic books to myself and my school mates. Mostly about 2 siblings that were detectives, yuri manga, etc. I've been writing for a few months now, 7 chapters so far, a fantasy story that has a brave and funny girl in charge. I hope I can finish it. It'd be a story to everyone to read.

#46 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

It seems like everyone has a closure issue with their stories. I wrote a novel (handwriting) when I was 12. It took me 4 months and 210 pages. The pastor of the church I used to attend back then asked to check it out and... burned it. I've never gone back there again. Also when I was young, between my 8 and 12 years old, I used to draw and write comic books to myself and my school mates. Mostly about 2 siblings that were detectives, yuri manga, etc. I've been writing for a few months now, 7 chapters so far, a fantasy story that has a brave and funny girl in charge. I hope I can finish it. It'd be a story to everyone to read.

Imagine how that pastor would have reacted if you turned around and burned his book.

It is unfortunate when religious types are that ignorant.

But, at least it didn`t turn you off writing.

Hopefully your progress continues to be as efficient as it seems to be.

When you finish I would certainly like to read it, so feel free to post it somewhere on here, or at least a way to get to it, so everyone can indulge.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#47 Supernova

Supernova

Byte

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Yeah! I think he'd throw me into that fire, you know... Hahaha! Thanks for your support, my ideas are boiling in my head. Here goes a small summary of what it's about - it doesn't say anything though, hahaha.

Heavon - the Princess of the Winged Horses

"After an arduous and bloody war, the alliance of peace was broken, bringing forth consequences that not even the most powerful wizards could foresee. 15 years later, a prophecy, a teenage girl, a greedy regent who won’t measure any efforts to become king and secrets kept in tombs and ancient writings, enfold mysteriously all Almariah – the beautiful and curious world of the four kingdoms of Dahenlitch, Clarkeron, Ephegor and Vaadenrür. Thick forests full of carnivorous plants, winged horses overturning the sky, wolves with flaming eyes and creatures from the darkness mix into this fight for justice, revenge and survival. Shh. Keep quiet, run from the wolves and do not follow the mirrors."

I want to finish it soon. Translate it from portuguese to english (Brazilian portuguese is my mother language) and see how it goes.

#48 SunMoonStars

SunMoonStars

Byte

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

I write

#49 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

always bin a huge spiderman fan and, always try to make my own spiderman stories. If theres anyone who wants to join me who love spiderman be free to do so.

#50 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

Spiderman is where its at.

He is pretty much the perfect hero.

#51 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

Spiderman is where its at.

He is pretty much the perfect hero.

yeah he is awesome, but everthing after the 90's sucked. I hate how comics looks these days. No heart and soul to it. The 80's spiderman is really good.

#52 Draake

Draake

Bit

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

I write both fanfiction and normal stories, even though I'm reeeally lazy.. I have many short, unfinished stories, but I never seem to get anything done. I prefer drawing to writing, and I draw fantasy comics every now and then.

#53 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

I am currently writing fanfiction about people I know.

Why? Because then I can send it to them anonymously! :D

#54 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

I am currently writing fanfiction about people I know.

Why? Because then I can send it to them anonymously! :D

That is probably the fastest way to have te police at your door asking questions.

Just make sure you do it super anonymously.

#55 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:12 AM

That is probably the fastest way to have te police at your door asking questions.

Just make sure you do it super anonymously.

It is actually not as stalkerish as it sounds.

The person expressed an interested in the idea before and I figured I'd do it as a surprise. I just don't want my name attached to the smut.

#56 CthulhuLovesMemes

CthulhuLovesMemes

Byte

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

I like writing poetry, often on the subway when I am coming home from class. 

I've tried to write short stories but I always get so distracted and just don't feel like finishing them so I just don't try that anymore. 

YYXNUYi.jpg

#57 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

Yeah, I've tried writing. Got a few short stories. None of them are really good enough to show off, although I'm rather happy with the thing that I am working on. Cyberpunk short story, enjoying writing it.

I've also got bits and pieces of screenplays rolling around, but nothing fully fleshed out.

I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

#58 Nerdfatha

Nerdfatha

Byte

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationThe suburbs

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

I wrote prolifically back in college. I had to. My major was "Creative Writing with an Emphasis in Fiction". All of it was just student work. None of it published. I loved it, though. Then I graduated and not having a deadline killed my focus.  I got into the working world and became disenchanted with the likelihood that I'd ever get published. That was back in 2005. fast forward to November  2013 and the bug finally bit me again. I've been writing or just trying random creative endeavors ever since. I just plaster most of my stuff on my blog now. It feels good. I don't know if it will ever bring in any money in any way shape or form, but its fun to just let the weird stuff fly out of my head.      

Look! I have a blog! How lame.
http://Dropthecontrols.blogspot.com

I have a horror blog. Scary lame!

http://dropthesanity.blogspot.com

#59 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

I do.  Working on an idea for a Kickstarter project for several months now.  Just need an illustrator to draw what my mind imagines but my hand cannot replicate.

I have an entire infinite reality up my sleeve.  I spent a lot of time working out the world building.  Important.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#60 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:01 AM

Cool beans.

Maybe share a paragraph or two some time.

I spent a lot of time working out the world building.  Important.

I operate on this slightly sliding scale for writing a good story:

40%-World Building

30%-Characters

20%-Overall Plot

10%-Sass

This changes slightly depending on what sort of story is being created, but it works for me.

Never underestimate the audience's craving for sass in your writing.