Photo

Xbox720 what do you think it will be like?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 abanerd10000

abanerd10000

Byte

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationRiding the curiosity rover

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

I think they will improve the console and the xbox's memory...
Don't be stupid...

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

I think it'll mean I get some better PC graphics. >.>

I'm not fond of the always connected drm they talked about, but otherwise it should be pretty nice.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Windows 8 integration, lots of DRM and some console exclusives to try to make up for it

It's gonna get released, and here in a year its specs will start to be outdated.

#4 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Ubisoft dropped their DRM bull a few months ago. And that sort of stuff is why most of my friends didn't play the new Diablo. It's a silly idea, really. PC DRM almost makes sense in a twisted way, but consoles? No deal.

I’ve actually seen a lot of people complaining already. Not just the DRM, but about all of the speculation with the new consoles. How companies hate people buying used games, so they do the subscription thing. They think single player games are going ghost. Did anyone try Bioshock 2’s multiplayer? No, everyone bought it for the singleplayer? What a surprise!

I have little hope, as of now, but I doubt it will be as bad as people are saying.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#5 LonesomeDrifter

LonesomeDrifter

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

It will be the greatest console of all time, but it will eventually become self aware and attempt to kill us all.

#6 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

It will be the greatest console of all time, but it will eventually become self aware and attempt to kill us all.

We were all thinking it.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#7 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

We were all thinking it.

My Vista comp has yet to leave the internment camp

We're still decoding its rather cryptic messages referring to a "Registry"

We believe it has direct ties to Al Qaeda

#8 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

afraid I won't know, as the ps4 will probably put me in eternal debt

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

#9 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

I doubt we;ll see another xbox console for a long time. I've even yet to see any real properly sourced proof of these "next gen consoles."

Hell, Microsoft doesn;t need to upgrade, the 360 already does everything anyone needs from a multi-media player.

it plays games
it has an internet browser
it has netflix
it can play music
it can play movies
it can stream content over the network from your Windows* powered computers. or from a network storage drive.
it can interface with windows 8

The only evidence of a next gen console is "leaked" concept art that nobody I've spoken to is able to actually link it back to sony with proof (also, most of the concept art images seem to include the boomarang concept ps3 controller)

or they point at articles that use speculative articles as sources "OUR SOURCES SAY SONY -MAY- BE WORKING ON A NEW CONSOLE BUT WE HAVEN'T RECIEVED OFFICIAL WORD.

Also, nintendo wouldn't have dropped the Wii u if Sony/Microsoft where working on powerful new consoles. You can bet your ass Nintendo would have held off and made something comparable.

*this feature is buggy and really only works with windows vista, and 7.

5A5DjRW.gif

#10 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

The search engine it uses is Bing, and the web browser is Internet Explorer.
I am surprised it has survived this long without riots in the streets.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#11 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

The search engine it uses is Bing, and the web browser is Internet Explorer.
I am surprised it has survived this long without riots in the streets.

Bing's one thing, but most people I know still use internet explorer on their pc. I doubt they know there's an alternative. And it almost makes me sick to call that ‘thing’ on the 360 a browser.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#12 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

I doubt we;ll see another xbox console for a long time. I've even yet to see any real properly sourced proof of these "next gen consoles."

Hell, Microsoft doesn;t need to upgrade, the 360 already does everything anyone needs from a multi-media player.

it plays games
it has netflix
it can play music
it can play movies
it can stream content over the network from your Windows* powered computers. or from a network storage drive.

The only evidence of a next gen console is "leaked" concept art that nobody I've spoken to is able to actually link it back to sony with proof (also, most of the concept art images seem to include the boomarang concept ps3 controller)

or they point at articles that use speculative articles as sources "OUR SOURCES SAY SONY -MAY- BE WORKING ON A NEW CONSOLE BUT WE HAVEN'T RECIEVED OFFICIAL WORD.

Also, nintendo wouldn't have dropped the Wii u if Sony/Microsoft where working on powerful new consoles. You can bet your ass Nintendo would have held off and made something comparable.

*this feature is buggy and really only works with windows vista, and 7.

Like they did with the wii? You know, almost as powerful as the original xbox.

Microsoft very much needs to upgrade the 360, and sony the PS3. They're holding graphical abilities back at a huge rate.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#13 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

I don't care about graphics, personally. All I want from Sony is a better online system regarding friends lists, cross-game chat etc.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#14 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

it plays games
it has netflix
it can play music
it can play movies

Yknow what's funny: SmartTV's do all that, too.

The legitimate threat to the Xbox and PS3s are the one device they require to work, TVs. SmartTVs right now do many multimedia things that we rely on consoles for. They aren't only competing with eachother anymore, but with manufacturers who develop these smart TVs [Sony being one of them.]

Wii U is a legitimate contender by removing the TV from the equation. I wonder what Microsoft or Sony are gonna do next.

#15 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Yknow what's funny: SmartTV's do all that, too.

The legitimate threat to the Xbox and PS3s are the one device they require to work, TVs. SmartTVs right now do many multimedia things that we rely on colsoles for. They aren't only competing with eachother anymore, but with manufacturers who develop these smart TVs [Sony being one of them.]

Wii U is a legitimate contender by removing the TV from the equation. I wonder what Microsoft or Sony are gonna do next.

PSU and X-box 3 U-ty?

#16 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

PSU and X-box 3 U-ty?

:lol: oh god, that would be terrible.

Nah, I think with MS and Sony being who they are, they're going to stick with their guns.

Sony is a hardware manufacturer, so I expect some kinda decent-price-range powerhouse, kinda like the Ps3 was at launch, with all the buggy software that usually comes with it. They'll be competing directly with gaming computers in the same range, but their IPs and some neat tricks with Sony brand Smart-TVs will give them a leg up, I hope.

From Microsoft, I'm expecting Win8 multimedia support, probably some kind of mid-range [non hyperthreaded]quad-core with a decent video card, just something else for them to churn the latest Halo out on.

That's just speculation, you never know what tricks they have up their sleeves.

#17 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Bing's one thing, but most people I know still use internet explorer on their pc. I doubt they know there's an alternative. And it almost makes me sick to call that ‘thing’ on the 360 a browser.

I was working the other day and a guy came in to my shop to get a shirt embroidered in several locations.
He had to give me the logo he wanted digitized, so he had to log in to his company's website to get the original artwork from their gallery.
I already had Firefox open on the computer because I was doing my Etsy stuff, so I opened up a new tab and said "There you go.".
He sat down and just stared at the screen for a few moments without doing anything.
He then said "I thought you opened up the browser?"
I said I did, that was it, just type your website in to the address bar and away you go.
He started at the new Firefox tab for another moment, then went down to the start menu, found Internet Explorer, and opened it.
Then he says "Ah, there it is, looks like you didn't have the internet open after all."

I almost choked him to death on the spot.
I only let him live because I had yet to get his money for the job.

I can understand, even if it is stupid, if someone prefers Internet Explorer because it is all they have ever known and they fear change.
I cannot get my head around how a person can be alive today and be that oblivious of something so rudimentary.

#18 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I was working the other day and a guy came in to my shop to get a shirt embroidered in several locations.
He had to give me the logo he wanted digitized, so he had to log in to his company's website to get the original artwork from their gallery.
I already had Firefox open on the computer because I was doing my Etsy stuff, so I opened up a new tab and said "There you go.".
He sat down and just stared at the screen for a few moments without doing anything.
He then said "I thought you opened up the browser?"
I said I did, that was it, just type your website in to the address bar and away you go.
He started at the new Firefox tab for another moment, then went down to the start menu, found Internet Explorer, and opened it.
Then he says "Ah, there it is, looks like you didn't have the internet open after all."

I almost choked him to death on the spot.
I only let him live because I had yet to get his money for the job.

I can understand, even if it is stupid, if someone prefers Internet Explorer because it is all they have ever known and they fear change.
I cannot get my head around how a person can be alive today and be that oblivious of something so rudimentary.

Internet Explorer: Rated the best browser!

...for downloading other browsers >.<

fl9Uov4.gif

#19 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

what if I download opera from firefox or vice versa?

#20 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

what if I download opera from firefox or vice versa?

Doesn't matter, Internet Explorer is top-rated for getting other browsers.

fl9Uov4.gif