7 replies to this topic

#1 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

So, I'm currently working on my second novelette. I actually began the process of writing this story months ago, shortly after The Curse of the Myerling went on sale. Whereas before I had someone to dedicate this book to however, this time I have no one. As such progress is sluggish, the only drive I have to complete this is occasional and fleeting, I don't have any real sustained gumption because there's no one telling me to complete it. Somewhat of a childish and puerile excuse but it's the unfortunate truth.

Therefore I'm asking someone to allow me to dedicate Bottles of Blithinghoe Bay to them from this forum. The reason I have chosen this place is because I don't talk to many people I know IRL about my writing, it's not something people think of as particularly interesting or cool in my clique and as much as I shouldn't, I do worry about what people think of me in some respects. I'm making subtle changes to that, and it's having a positive effect, but that in itself is a whole other kettle of fish. Furthermore, I've not asked any family because either they don't care or I would rather dedicate my first finished novel to that family member as opposed to a novelette. It's just a matter of family coming first I suppose. Just a confusing personal standpoint. Lastly, it's an excuse to get to know people better over here, and that's always fun.

So, what action would your being dedicated require on your behalf? Providing I haven't alienated any potential candidates with that last paragraph.

Relatively little I think, it's a somewhat inactive position. You'd have to pester me about progress every now and again, take to heart the direction the story is going in, it might help to have an interest in Gothic horror but it's not a prerequisite. All I really require is a little nudging every now and again coupled with genuine interest.

What do you get out of it? My eternal thanks, good karma and a little line on a page at the start of the book that says something like 'thank you person x, you persona message here', that most people will ignore.

I think if more than one person does offer their assistance, I'll probably die from suprise, I'll also have to base my choice on a first come first served basis so that I don't come across as dickish. Also, I hope this topic hasn't made me appear terribly condescending and up my own arse, I genuinely am like a child in the sense that for some things, I won't do them unless told to despite the benefits I might receive. It's a side of me that I'm working on improving but for now....heeeeeelp! :D

E: OH! I nearly forgot! If you would like to help, could you PM me instead of posting below? Thanks! =)

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#2 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I was actually thinking about starting a "Writers of Nerdforum" thread somewhere.
Where we could all harass each other mutually, as well as be overly enthusiastic about ideas and stuff.

I have yet to make such a thread, though. Just like I've yet to pick up writing my novel since November.

GOL, MAKE THE THREAD FOR ME.
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#3 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

In due course, my Jazzy brother. Though are we not the only two active writers on the forum thus far? At least, the only two who are vociferous about it?

#4 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

I just made the thread. :lol:

I was *paralyzed* with indecision about where to put it. I'm not sure why.

Anyway, you and I may be the more prolific writers on the forum, (although I don't know that for a fact), but perhaps we can encourage some others to do more writing as well. I know there are at least a couple of other writers around.
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#5 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

Well I hope so! All the writer's guilds I looked to join were comprised mostly of OAP's. xD

Also, if you like you can close this now Spleen, the position has been filled, as it were.

#6 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

What's an OAP? 0_o

Old Angry Person?

Orange Aeroplane Prop?

#7 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Only if you let me draw you like one of my french girls.

#8 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Old Age Pensioners

And you can draw me whenever, however, you like, Wolfie.