7 replies to this topic

#1 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Anyone have some in-site on Windows 8? I know everyone says its crappy but I wanted to know if someone else had some positive reviews on it.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#2 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

I used it some in my operating systems class. I don't like it at all. It's all blocky and...tablet-y. If I wanted a tablet interface, I would buy a tablet. As a PC user, I found it annoying and tedious to use. I didn't use it very much though, so maybe I just didn't give it enough time to grow on me...but regardless I'm going to stick with Windows 7 for now. From the little experience I did have with the OS, I wouldn't doubt the validity of all the negative responses it's getting.

For tablet users it might be awesome/better. I do not own a tablet, however, and am not interested in owning one.

#3 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

I think I'm skipping out on this one. The blocky-tablet look doesn't appeal to me and I'd rather stick to Windows 7.

I wonder what they were thinking...

#4 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

I think I'm skipping out on this one. The blocky-tablet look doesn't appeal to me and I'd rather stick to Windows 7.

I wonder what they were thinking...

I imagine they were hoping the unified system between it and wp8 would get a lot of attention.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#5 abanerd10000

abanerd10000

Byte

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationRiding the curiosity rover

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Well... It is much cooler on mobile devices than win7, and the new interface rocks!
Don't be stupid...

#6 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Even as a Mac user (I'm not going to get started on that), I got a chance to use Windows 8 and 7.

Windows 7, IMO, was far, FAR better than Windows 8. I can't even begin to describe it. They moved so many things.....

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
I didn't understand why they would ruin the OS like that...
If you want an iPad with a keyboard, then get Windows 8. If you want a good PC, stick to 7.

fl9Uov4.gif

#7 _-_-___--

_-_-___--

Byte

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

I really wouldn't worry about even looking into it. Not because it is bad or anything just that most games don't work for it yet.

#8 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Alright here is my question, I'm buying a new pc soon and most in store pcs are running windows 8 now. Is it so bad that it is imperitive I actively avoid it or is it simply more of an annoyance? should I get a pc with it and then just downgrade or just search for one still running 7

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity