20 replies to this topic

#21 MoWriter

MoWriter

Byte

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWellington, New Zealand

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

It's a good question, even if it be your only question. I'm a cartoon freak so choosing between comics and animation is a tough choice. I love settling onto my sofa with a ton of comics in sequence (Chasing Amy is a great inspiration for comic creator (mangaka) wannabes.) Or settling down with a cup of tea and a graphic novel on a quiet morning by myself. I just love to read comics, great illustrations are part of the pleasure.

I find the process of animating gruelling, same with drawing, I don't like to spend a lot of time on it. But I can photoshop for hours and I have literally hundreds of scenes in my head, and character concepts, and action/violence. I'm weird because if I start writing something, it's going to be a book because I'll get carried away with the prose. To avoid this, when doing a film I just draw the storyboard, usually I already have a half-written script and maybe a bible for reference.

I choose animation for creative work - writer/producer/designer. That's my goal. Mainly because I have a strong background in film, and animation combines my love of cartoons with my dislike of actors (JK).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: comic books, animation