#41 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

HELL AGAIN VAGRANTS!!!!

Today I'm not really doing a review but I'm posting an album that my bro Bambino Beats released today called My Ribs Are Poking Through And I Feel Like Hell.

This is a hip-hop instrumental type of album, real nice music to listen to while you bathe in the bathtub. The melodic guitars, synths and ominous sounds are really unique in a magical way.

This album will soothe the mind when you are driving, you can also visualize the magic when you are trying to get to sleep.

Give it a blast, you might like it...

http://bambino1.band...-feel-like-hell

I'll be back next time with a Nerdcore Album Review :)

Chur

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#42 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

I liked it, not a fan though. Probably just who I am, but I've always put words before sound.Storytelling, ya know?  And the missing apostrophe in 'My mothers cancer' bothered me. I liked the names of all the songs, they were a stark contrast to the mellow sound. Omoiyari had a good vibe to it, although I felt like he was sampling something from a familiar song and I just couldn't place it.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#43 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

I liked it, not a fan though. Probably just who I am, but I've always put words before sound.Storytelling, ya know?  And the missing apostrophe in 'My mothers cancer' bothered me. I liked the names of all the songs, they were a stark contrast to the mellow sound. Omoiyari had a good vibe to it, although I felt like he was sampling something from a familiar song and I just couldn't place it.

Hey thanks for the feedback bro. Yeah It's not for everyone and I'm the same, I prefer a story to the beat.

But mad respect for having a listen. I'll be sure to pass on your feedback to Bambino himself.

Chur

#44 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

SUP PEOPLE????

Sorry I haven't updated my music corner in a while so here goes...

Today I have something a little bit different for all of you.....

My bro's band Hollywoodfun Downstairs recently released their post modernistic track titled "Colors of Soho."

If you are a fan of rock legends The Queens of The Stone Age then u will certainly enjoy this song.

Give it a blast. Tell me what you think.

http://www.theaudien...olours-of-soho/

Churchur

#45 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:44 AM

ARTIST: KANYE WEST

ALBUM: YEEZUS

GENRE: ELECTRONIC/HIP-HOP

Just copped a copy of Kanye's new album Yeezus and here's what I thought.....

Kanye has experimented with electronic music since his Graduation album but it's become the central focus of this album. You can hear the Daft Punk style that has essentially dominated the production side which really takes his artistry into a completely new, unexplored direction. To be honest I really don't mind this album, it's real experimental and quite dark and it sounds nothing like his previous works. I'm not quite sure if most of these songs would be played on the radio or not with the constant presence of profanity and controversial lyrics referring to himself as the "BLACK JESUS" of the world who needs to liberate the oppressed black race..... LOL. 

He also pays homage to his roots by sampling old jazz songs like he always does, BUT BY GOD KANYE!!! STOP WITH THE AUTO-TUNE!!!! SOUNDS LIKE SHIT!!!!!

THE BOTTOM LINE

I enjoyed this simply because of it's dark nature and buzzy beats. It's not really "GANGSTA" but a piece of abstract music, it won't be for everyone, but I'm a weirdo so I like it like a weird painting on the wall.

His flow is still pretty tight, but it's weird, it comes it spurts, for example, there might be about 5 minutes of buzzy electronics, then BAM!!!! He spits fire!!!! Oh, and the odd shitty auto tuned parts here and there lol.

This ain't your usual pop shit, but this guy is so rich that he can afford to experiment with weird music. This album is quite risky in the sense that he went against everything his record company probably stands for (make music for MTV), but I respect that he thought "FUCKITT, I'M GUNA TAKE A RISK AND SAY FUCK THE WORLD" hahaha One words summarizes this.... "DARING"

I give this album a 6/10

Fav Song: Guilt Trip

Robstar saz... "A defiant piece of abstract music that would paint a new, darker picture of what you think or perceive of contemporary hip-hop....

#46 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:55 AM

So I featured in my mates latest music video about Batman....

I learnt that making a video whilst stoned was a bad idea.... I forgot my lines.. LOL

#47 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:08 AM

AAAAAAAWWWWWWW SHHHIIIEEEETTTT!!!!! 

THE MUSIC CORNER IS BACK BABY!!!!!!

With good reasons too simply because Kabuto The Python has dropped his latest album.

ARTIST: KABUTO THE PYTHON

ALBUM: THE ALMIGHTY

Kabuto is quite arguably one of the most dominant Nerdcore cats out on the market today. He's been hibernating in his cave and it's been close to 2 years since he released an album and 3 years since he released something decent LOL. FINALLY he's dropped quite arguably his greatest album to date complete with Nerdcore's greatest artist from the likes of MC Frontalot, Schaffer The Darklord, Jesse Dangerously, The Ranger, Random aka Megaran, Rappy McRapperson and fuckloads of talented geeks.

This album won't disappoint because man oh man, EVERYTHING was well planned, the production (beats) are probably one of his finest, quality (and even his collabs) and pristine, no more shitty mic quality :)

I've only listened to it once but man I'm ripping this shit to my ipod and going for a run.

Give it a blast, here's the link (download the thing) - http://scrubclubreco...n-the-almighty/

FINAL THOUGHTS

The quality, OHHHH the quality sooooooo good. If you're a geek/nerd and can tolerate hip-hop... just peep it and maybe Kabuto will win you over.

SCORING: 8/10

#48 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

Rappy McRapperson

...Nu-uh. Rappy McRapperson? Just, wow.

I looked it up, but honestly, don't have the patience for over an hour of this unless it's background music while I write or something. And then I won't be paying attention. Can you tell me which songs you prefer, and which are about specific themes?

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#49 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

...Nu-uh. Rappy McRapperson? Just, wow.

I looked it up, but honestly, don't have the patience for over an hour of this unless it's background music while I write or something. And then I won't be paying attention. Can you tell me which songs you prefer, and which are about specific themes?

Hahaha yeah Rappy isn't for everyone. He's pretty well known for being extremely volatile with sexual lyrics about blowing dudes. LOL

My personal favorite song would have to be Kicked Ones Featuring Schaffer The Darklord. I love anything from STD, he's a beast on the mic, if you can't stand Kabuto then my best advice is to move on to Schaffer. He's quite arguably the greatest in the genre.

Aside from that I can't really tell you which ones are better because I might like a certain song simply because I'm friends with the dude who featured on the song. Therefore I'm pretty biased. :S

But if I had to pick my top 3 they would be....

Kicked Ones

Kabuto Kabuto

The Almighty

#50 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

Whoa, last time I updated my corner was back in August??? Damn!!! Talk about NEGLECT!!!!!

TODAY KIDDIES we are going to take a look at one of our newest member on NERD FORUM,

MR. KORDLYSS HIMSELF!!!!! 

a1058421352_10.jpg

I first took notice of him when we both participated in the Nerdcore Now: Vocalist/Producers challenge last year, and the Nerdcore Meow Podcast covered both of our songs of the first round. Check out the link here

Hahaha his song garnered praise while mine was the center of attention for the wrong reasons LOL.

In the end I think my producer (MC JB) and I placed 19th/54? And Kordlyss and Vincent EL (His producer) placed within the top 10.

Anyways that introduces him a little.

Check out his sweet album Knight of Too Many Bars today, has two of my favorite tracks from him.

Favorite tracks

Monstrous Mash

Three Random Rappers

Right, I'm in search of any new Nerdcore shit now, I'll try review an album next time.

CHUR KIDDIES!!!!!!

#51 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

So yeah I've been watching a lot of this stuff.

Man this chick is buzzy. But I like :)

Wish I could understand what she's on about though.

Her name is Kyary Pamyu Pamyu

Japan is so awesome!!! lol

#52 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:12 AM

NERDCORE'S BIGGEST COLLABORATION ALBUM FOR 2014 HAS LANDED!!!!

1-Up Features many awesome and interesting people on this big epic adventure.

Features some pretty big names including Random aka Megaran.

Here it is - http://1ups.bandcamp...ion-station-nes

Track 4 and Track 7 are my favorite.

Track 7 features my homie and protégée MC JB 

Check it out or you are lame :P

#53 Starby

Starby

Bit

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

I'm super into nerdcore .HOW DO I NOT KNOW YOU?!

#54 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

I'm super into nerdcore .HOW DO I NOT KNOW YOU?!

Haha good question. I've only been on the scene for about a year and a bit now.

When you think about Beefy, Lars and YTCracker who have been doing their thing for about 10 years. In a sense I'm still an Undergrad :)

Welcome to THE ROB$TAR CORNER BABY!!!!!!

#55 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

Interesting. Though out of all the names there, I only recognize Mega Ran.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#56 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

Interesting. Though out of all the names there, I only recognize Mega Ran.

Aside from mc chris, Megaran is quite arguably the biggest name in nerdcore right now. 

He recently made all his albums on bandcamp FREE so I've been going hard. It may have been a one day thing tho.

#57 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

I discovered Mega Ran through Kabuto. Though I don't remember how I discovered Kabuto... Possibly Dr. Awkward.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#58 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

I discovered Mega Ran through Kabuto. Though I don't remember how I discovered Kabuto... Possibly Dr. Awkward.

I'm guessing you downloaded The Ill Ron Hubbard Album? 

I made the connection through Attack Slug, He featured an early Larvae Kabuto (when he had the high pitched voice)

Which led to The Ranger, which led to Mega Ran.

They're all connected. :) That's how I discovered the scene itself. 

All of whom used to frequent the Nerdcore Now forum. They still pop on by from time to time but it seems that that forum is slowly dying out.  :(

What did you think of Kabuto's latest album?

#59 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

I'm guessing you downloaded The Ill Ron Hubbard Album? 

I made the connection through Attack Slug, He featured an early Larvae Kabuto (when he had the high pitched voice)

Which led to The Ranger, which led to Mega Ran.

They're all connected. :) That's how I discovered the scene itself. 

All of whom used to frequent the Nerdcore Now forum. They still pop on by from time to time but it seems that that forum is slowly dying out.  :(

What did you think of Kabuto's latest album?

I did, though the first Kabuto album (I guess) I heard was The Kvetch Sessions. Then I went onto Parseltongue and the N7 mixtape.

I think the first nerdcore artist I heard was either ZeaLouS1 or MC Frontalot.

I haven't actually heard Kabuto's latest album yet. I've been meaning to download it, but I keep getting sidetracked.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#60 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

Been awhile since I updated my corner.

So here goes....

I met this girl at one of my friends gig. She performed with her ukulele and I thought she was one of the most amazing things ever. Good energy and really fun to talk to. 

Her name is Socratena.

I finally found her on youtube and decided to share one of her videos. 

The song starts at 0:39.

There's something about the ukulele that captivates me. I like the sound. I think I'm going to teach myself how to play one.

Anyway that's me. If you dig her sound then go like her page - https://www.facebook...ref=ts&fref=ts 

Adios amigos. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nerdcore, music, the rob$tar, diy