#3 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

Oh sweet irony

:lol: right?

As a furry, I've learned that judging someone based on what they enjoy is pointless. Random people enjoy random things.

Someone likes MLP? Get excited, glad they found something to make them happy.

Blindly hating another group of people is old-world thinking.

#4 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

A lot of my friends are bronies, man. And I wouldn't knock it until you try it. My sister told me to watch it, and I did enjoy the first half of the first season. It was pretty good. I wish I had quality MLP like that when I was a kid.

Not a good idea to try to pick on a subgenre of nerddom in a nerd forum.

#5 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

People who judge other people based on stereotypes and un-acceptance are stupid.

Grow up into the real world and realise that different people like different things.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#6 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

I'm not going to pretend to understand their extreme interest in it; I personally find it strange, but it doesn't affect me so whatever. I can't say I've knowingly seen/met one that wasn't a greasy neckbeard, but I'm sure some of them are normal... somewhere.

#7 gastlyus

gastlyus

Byte

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Locationin a tower

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

sorry
Posted ImageDANCE

#8 Jesse Custer

Jesse Custer

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • LocationXanth

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

there are some things that should not be. Bronies is one of them. is there a subgenre for guys that obsess over barbie dolls? whatever blows up ur skirt i guess. i hate anything that begins with "bro" thb.

sorry

its okay, lil buddy...we all are.

Posted Image

*puts gun in mouth*

#9 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

Who gives a fuck what they do though? As long as they aren't harming themselves or anyone else, let them do whatever they want. Live and let live after all.

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche.

#10 Jesse Custer

Jesse Custer

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • LocationXanth

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

yeah but

Posted Image

#11 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

According to conventional society.

Two hundred years ago conventional society dictated that gays should be lynched because it was sinful.

#12 Jesse Custer

Jesse Custer

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • LocationXanth

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Posted Image

idk man...this kinda hurts my soul

#13 M_GORILLA

M_GORILLA

Megabyte

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • LocationMemphis, tn

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Posted Image

this kinda hurts my testicles.

#14 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

yeah but

Posted Image

So what, though? People enjoy different things. If we all enjoyed the same stuff, life would be boring. Being a brony is no different to being a fan of Harry Potter or Twilight (both of which are primarily written for children, but have a large adult fanbase). If people want to dress up as a pony, what's the big deal? They're cosplaying, which is something that glues a lot of anime fans together at conventions and such. To victimize people is bad enough. To vilify them because they enjoy something you don't is the height of idiocy.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#15 M_GORILLA

M_GORILLA

Megabyte

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • LocationMemphis, tn

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

i don't care what they watch or how they dress but it's fun to raz a little and then let it all be, no harm no foul, i may fuck with someone a little about what they're into but never really mean it just like i would expect people to mess with me a little for what i'm into. does that make sense?

#16 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Posted Image

You know that in the 50s seeing a black guy at the front of the bus would probably have gotten a similar response...

#17 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

Ok, there is a "bad side" to everything in this world. There is indeed a "stupid" amount of bronies, as well as a stupid amount of furries. As well for geeks, nerds, otakus, rockers, people. There will always be a sexual side to things too. Theres nothing we can do to stop it. But generalizing it is just... Ugh. God.

Saying that bronies are stupid for being brave enough to express themselves is stupid in itself. It pisses me off. Not only when it comes to bronies. But for everything. I bet the "cool" kids think that us nerds/geeks are also stupid. Its a personal view. But its not something you go out and make a whole thread about.

And me, as a brony, a furry an a retired otaku and so many other labels I could give myself, feel offended.

Good job!

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#18 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

ITT: Acceptance and understanding

I think that's two of the main themes of MLP, also

#19 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

ITT: Acceptance and understanding

I think that's two of the main themes of MLP, also

Well in all fairness the entire thread is a steaming pile of irony. For a culture supporting those two exact things there is a rather large bit of animosity.

#20 Jesse Custer

Jesse Custer

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • LocationXanth

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Two hundred years ago conventional society dictated that gays should be lynched because it was sinful.

You know that in the 50s seeing a black guy at the front of the bus would probably have gotten a similar response...

we are talking about doods that like a little girls show. marketed to little girls. for little girls.

So what, though? People enjoy different things. If we all enjoyed the same stuff, life would be boring. Being a brony is no different to being a fan of Harry Potter or Twilight (both of which are primarily written for children, but have a large adult fanbase). If people want to dress up as a pony, what's the big deal? They're cosplaying, which is something that glues a lot of anime fans together at conventions and such. To victimize people is bad enough. To vilify them because they enjoy something you don't is the height of idiocy.

twilight and potter were not aimed at kids in the single digit age group.

im still having trouble believing that bronies really like my little pony as much the internet makes you think they like my little pony. and if it is, bronies are being trolled by the internet itself.