• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

Is anybody using one currently? I have to use one in my Network Client Operating Systems class.

We're installing 64-bit Windows Operating Systems (XP, Vista, 7, & 8) onto our hard drives for class along with software and my professor is requiring that all of the software we install be 64-bit as well (if possible). Chrome and Firefox still don't have an official [stable] 64-bit version available, so we've been allowed to use unofficial versions since we all agreed (including my professor) that Internet Explorer is crap--64 bit or otherwise.

We came to the consensus that we are all going to use Firefox-based browsers for consistency sake. They all pretty much look the same as Firefox and each other so :P Most people are using Waterfox or Pale Moon and a few people have Firefox Nightly* for some reason .__.

Personally, I went with Pale Moon because it runs faster (at least for me) and I don't like how Waterfox tries to trick you into installing the AVG Toolbar crap. I actually really like Pale Moon and have started using it at home since I have Windows 7 64-bit on my laptop. It's also portable which is nice :) I downloaded Waterfox at home too so I could do a more thorough comparison and for me it is only slightly faster than Firefox, but not nearly as fast as Pale Moon.

So, do you use a 64-bit browser or know of any others (Firefox derived or otherwise)?

-----

*About Firefox Nightly if you don't know:
Spoiler

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

I just use the latest stable release of chrome, but I've heard some pretty good things about Pale Moon.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hm - I can't really imagine a web app/page that would need to exceed 2 gigs of RAM, so I'm fine with 32 bit Chrome.