• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

Captain Overexcited Cyclops

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Sorry for the Robstar style post headline, but I'm ridiculously psyched for Pacific Rim (and you should be, too), and this mashup is too awesome to ignore.

#2 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

As someone who loves both of these things... hell yes.

I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#3 The guy.

The guy.

Not The Administrator

• Members
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Lol, I though it was Rob, when I saw all the caps. It's become his Goddamn signature, shit.

I too, am exited for Pacific Rim. I must admit, I thought it was a re-boot of Godzilla when I first saw the trailer in the theater. I started screaming, not squealing, but screaming alongside with my younger brother because we got real exited. Only to have our dreams crushed moments later. We're still def gonna watch this shit. Plus it helps that there will be a reboot of the lizard god, so it's all good.

Oh and this mashup is epic. So is the anime. 

Te amo con todo mi corazón.
-

Krys | Demi-Pansexual | In an LDR | Multiple Sonas | 3D Animation Student | Amateur Comic Artist | Mellow | Introvert

Brony | Furry | Retired Otaku | Pastel-Grunge | Androgynous | Genderqueer/Genderfluid

-

❝ I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endure any circumstance

and reach across any distance.❞ ― Steve Maraboli

#4 NoDanico

NoDanico

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

Good stuff. I have hopes for Pacific Rim, that doesn't happen with me and movies anymore.

When will monsters learn? Humans rule kaiju big battle!

All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason- Immanuel Kant

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

My blog- No Heartwarming Stories

#5 Otter

Otter

Wolfie-face

• Members
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

Every time I see that helmet, I think "Master Chief?"

Every. Fucking. Time.

Back OT: I wasn't too excited for it [but that goes for all movies], but that mashup has piqued my interest

LbzObW3.gif

#6 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

Captain Overexcited Cyclops

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Honestly, if you enjoy the Godzilla/Kaiju genre AT ALL, or ever enjoyed a giant robot show/anime, I think you will love this movie.  All the snippets/extended looks make it clear this is a total love letter to the genre, and Guillermo Del Toro is amazing.

#7 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Anything to that song is 20x more epic, like:

I'm also super excited for Pacific Rim.

chiak.png

"Believe in yourself... If you don't have that... it doesn't matter how many talents you have, you still won't be able to hold your head up high..."

#8 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

Oh god. XD

Looks like this is the new Guile's Theme.

I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users