137 replies to this topic

#101 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

Well, I can't say it has been the most faithful towards the comics but I try to put it out of my mind and say that it's a different continuity. But Batman will be rebooted possibly in a few years anyway. I'm happy as long as it's faithful.
Posted Image

#102 BatGirl8911

BatGirl8911

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationFlorida BatCave

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

I'm going to see it but I haven't been a huge fan of the The Dark Knight series, well I liked the second movie The Dark Knight mainly because of Jokers performance. Bale has not been my favored Batman and as far as Anne Hathaway goes playing Catwoman I'm not sure she can top Michelle Pfeiffer's performance the original Catwoman. The Dark Knight series doesn't even really follow the comics but DC has a hard time with being consistent with their movies, if they had their game together like Marvel I think The Dark Knight live action would have been a great series. We shall see.

Visit my blog if you want to read more about my thoughts on my favorite superhero Batman :)

I have to agree DC's live actions have fallen short, im still going to watch because i'm a fan but i agree Marvel has their shit together when it comes to live action BUT....Dc has their shit together when it comes tot heir animated stuff where the marvel stuff i have seen that animated has fallen short soooo they both have their strengths.

Posted Image

#103 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

At some point though, I would like to see a Justice League live-action. Whether that be sooner or later, I think it's possible.

But for now.....32 more hours til TDKR! (For me)
Posted Image

#104 Zerosum11

Zerosum11

Byte

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOld Vegas, NV

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Just bought two tickets for The Dark Knight (for me and my friend.)
I like Hathaway as an actress, so I'm looking forward to seeing her as catwoman... as for Bane, not my favorite villian, but at least it's not the Mad Hatter.
"We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars?" - Captain Zapp Brannigan

#105 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Only 6 more hours. I like Bane as he's a brute that is smart and menacing. While I like how they are doing Bane in this film, I like the comic iteration where he is on Venom and strives to beat the best to be the best. Bane's background is great and tragic, not as tragic as other's but it is pretty sad.
Posted Image

#106 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

The Hick

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationDixieland

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:08 AM

Oh my god. 50 people were wounded in a mass shooting at a Colorado premiere, with 14 killed. Awful.

#107 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

Oh my god. 50 people were wounded in a mass shooting at a Colorado premiere, with 14 killed. Awful.

Wow, that is incredibly stupid and very unfortunate. While the movie is good, it's not worth killing people over.
Posted Image

#108 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

The Hick

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationDixieland

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:53 AM

This 6 foot tall guy in a gas mask with a bulletproof vest just stomped right in and started firing his rifle. At least he's in custody.

I'm sure the movie's great, but I don't think I'll be seeing it until my friend comes to visit. Glad you enjoyed it. Would you say it's as good as The Dark Knight?

#109 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:57 AM

This 6 foot tall guy in a gas mask with a bulletproof vest just stomped right in and started firing his rifle. At least he's in custody.

I'm sure the movie's great, but I don't think I'll be seeing it until my friend comes to visit. Glad you enjoyed it. Would you say it's as good as The Dark Knight?

Well read my review, lol. And I would definitely say that, in my opinion. But that's just me. There are specific reasons why I like it much better. Currently The Dark Knight is my third favorite Batman film. TDKR just made it to number one, and Burton's Batman is number two.
Posted Image

#110 Zerosum11

Zerosum11

Byte

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOld Vegas, NV

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

Just watched the movie and I think I can sum up my reaction in one over used word; 'Awesome!'
And as I expected, Anne Hathaway did GREAT as Selina Kyle. :wub:
Sure it didn't stick to the books so much, but it was great!
I think I'll have to go see it another couple of times...
"We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars?" - Captain Zapp Brannigan

#111 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

Just watched the movie and I think I can sum up my reaction in one over used word; 'Awesome!'
And as I expected, Anne Hathaway did GREAT as Selina Kyle. :wub:
Sure it didn't stick to the books so much, but it was great!
I think I'll have to go see it another couple of times...

Same here!
Posted Image

#112 mightydamsels

mightydamsels

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Saw it, loved it, but of course I have to be nit-picky with the lack of women....http://mightydamsels...-phallus-rises/ read my full rant if you wish.

Loved Bane though! And liked Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. When she first came on screen she was kind of meek and I was like what the f- but then she physically turned it on and became Selina Kyle by just standing up straight.
The story line was epic, I think because of the passage of time which I really liked.
Comparing it to Dark Knight, is hard. I have to watch it again. I always get really excited about new things so once the giddiness wears off I will be able to make a more accurate assessment.

#113 Glitched

Glitched

Byte

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

Grrr...super jelly of you guys right now, I still haven't had the chance to watch it yet. My friends just play video games all day, can't plan anything with them ;_;
Posted Image

#114 mightydamsels

mightydamsels

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

Go see it by yourself! Thats what I do when I can't get people organized.

#115 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

I always see things by myself. No point in waiting for someone to open up their schedule to fit mine. It's better that way. Also, it is a great movie.
Posted Image

#116 BatGirl8911

BatGirl8911

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationFlorida BatCave

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

My boyfriend is going to take me to go see it next pay check we didn't want to go and have the theater be crowded :/ but to make up for it he bought me Batman the animated series volume 3 :D <3 he is a marvel but he totaly supports my DC devotion and love for batman :D

Posted Image

#117 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

My boyfriend is going to take me to go see it next pay check we didn't want to go and have the theater be crowded :/ but to make up for it he bought me Batman the animated series volume 3 :D <3 he is a marvel but he totaly supports my DC devotion and love for batman :D

That's awesome stuff! BTAS is the best. :D
Posted Image

#118 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm a t-shirt fanatic, I'm sorrie.

But this design is pretty badass.

http://www.designbyh...nal-shirt/9755/

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#119 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

I'm a t-shirt fanatic, I'm sorrie.

But this design is pretty badass.

http://www.designbyh...nal-shirt/9755/

You should get one for me. -_-
Posted Image

#120 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Pfft.

I don't even have enough monies to get one for me. <.<

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif