30 replies to this topic

#1 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

Well, for my first (exclude intro) thread, I wanted to discuss one of my favorite franchises, Pokemon. Now I'm not sure who, if anyone, likes Pokemon here but I am a big fan of the video game franchise. I try to set up tournaments and get some of my friends to participate. I even try to get into the Video Game Championships which are normally held once a year.

So, in here you can basically talk about anything Pokemon. And if anyone is interested, I'm willing to have a few Pokemon battles.

So discuss if you will.
Posted Image

#2 iLi3kCa3k

iLi3kCa3k

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationNew New York.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

I quite enjoy Pokemon, games only though. Cards and anime used to hold my interest, but meh. I have at least one game from every generation and I intend on continuing with Black 2 when it comes out.
Posted Image

#3 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

I used to have an interest in the cards and anime as well. I really only play the games. Right now I'm looking for people to join in my Pokemon tournament. I only need a few more for a full 8 participant bracket.
Posted Image

#4 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

I've been playing Pokemon games since the good 'ol old days of Red/Blue/Yellow. I also played the card game and watced the anime back then. I was made fun of a lot by my peers though...or at least my female peers cause Pokemon was a "boy thing" :\ Elementary school was Hell as a tomboy.

ANYWAY. I'm 20 now and still enjoy the video games, though I haven't invested much time into playing them. The last game I finished completely (aside from the Pokedex :P) was Ruby. I'm 33% done with Heart Gold, 10% with Platinum, and >5% with White.

The main issue is just that I can't keep up anymore. They're popping out a new Pokemon game right after the last set was released it seems. Additionally, ever since finding friends to play games with, I've been more drawn to PC MMOs as opposed to single-player handhelds. Those take up most of the limited free time that I have these days.

Maybe I'll get around to at least finishing White. Regardless, Pokemon will always have a special place in my heart :) <3

#5 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

Yay! And you should finish all of them but you can finish White first. ;p I'll be willing to play Pokemon with ya if you ever want! I like trading stuff and breeding some people's favorite Pokemon.
Posted Image

#6 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

I can only remember Silver

I vaguely remember Ruby

and then I stopped caring

#7 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

I can only remember Silver

I vaguely remember Ruby

and then I stopped caring

Okay then.
Posted Image

#8 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

I remember playing the original ones for my gameboy color (red, blue,yellow?) and the series after that. (silver, gold, crystal?) It was pretty fun. I at some point had an emulater and got pretty far into Emerald too.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#9 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

I remember playing the original ones for my gameboy color (red, blue,yellow?) and the series after that. (silver, gold, crystal?) It was pretty fun. I at some point had an emulater and got pretty far into Emerald too.

Every game is pretty good in it's own right. At least I personally think so.
Posted Image

#10 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

I'm way behind on the anime, to the point I'm just not going to bother catching up.

I'm a pretty damn good trainer though.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#11 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'm way behind on the anime, to the point I'm just not going to bother catching up.

I'm a pretty damn good trainer though.

I'm way back in the 4th Gen of the anime. I'm not even sure I watched all of the 3rd gen of the anime. Oh well. I'm a decent trainer when it comes to the Pokemon games though.
Posted Image

#12 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

I lost interest in the anime after the Johto League. Misty was my favorite character ever and they have yet to bring her back as part of the main cast, and I don't think they ever plan to :\ Overall, the story has become really repetitive as well. I'll just stick to the games ^_^

#13 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

I lost interest in the anime after the Johto League. Misty was my favorite character ever and they have yet to bring her back as part of the main cast, and I don't think they ever plan to :\ Overall, the story has become really repetitive as well. I'll just stick to the games ^_^

Yeah, I don't find many of the episodes after the Johto League that exciting. The games are more amazing and exciting for me, lol.
Posted Image

#14 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

Back in my day...There were only 151 Pokemon!!!

...Just had to say that.

#15 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Back in my day...There were only 151 Pokemon!!!

...Just had to say that.

Lol, of course. My favorite gen is gen 2 though.
Posted Image

#16 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

Same! :D Lol...but the only game that I ever finished the Pokedex on was Red.

151 Pokemon: No problem.

649 Pokemon: Fuck that shit.

I'm a completionist when it comes to games, but I've made an exception for Pokemon for obvious reasons >.>

#17 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

Same! :D Lol...but the only game that I ever finished the Pokedex on was Red.

151 Pokemon: No problem.

649 Pokemon: Fuck that shit.

I'm a completionist when it comes to games, but I've made an exception for Pokemon for obvious reasons >.>

I completed the Kanto Pokedex on FireRed. I was like yay, but then all I got was a certificate in the game. It was pretty disappointing. I haven't tried to get anything beyond that, lol.
Posted Image

#18 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

Yeah, when I finished Red all I got was a certificate too. So lame :P

#19 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

Yeah, when I finished Red all I got was a certificate too. So lame :P

Would have been awesome to get like an item or something like that.
Posted Image

#20 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, or a special Pokemon...Or Hell, even some cash woulda been nice! XP