Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#42 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

I don't like that either. I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs. I am Agnostic but honestly, I really don't care if there is a God or not. Surely I can respect other's views but I don't have to believe in them. Also faith and religion are completely different. "If you pray for God, He will save you, etc". No, God will not save me because He is not proven. Will he save me from getting shot in the head? No. Will he save people from an earthquake? No. Will he stop sending Christian worshipers to my apartment? Unfortunately not. All because He is not proven. Also, God did not write the Bible. A man did. "Hey, God, what are you doing?" "Oh, I'm writing a book!" "Oh really? I'll be sure to pass it down through generations." Nope, did not happen. A man wrote it. Granted, not everything can be proven. But I believe in people. Surely, I can believe in some form of evolution, but I believe we are all energy to the lowest level. I don't care if you believe it. I just care that I believe in it and that I believe in people. Because that's the only faith that can be certain. I believe that people can save you and stand up for what is right. Even though we are primitive by nature. I'll always stand up for what is right and I'll always be there for people. Also, I'm a firm believer in the Golden Rule. "Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you." Common sense, eh?
Posted Image

#43 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

The Hick

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationDixieland

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

Also, God did not write the Bible. A man did.

Make that at least 40, apparently. o.O

#44 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

Make that at least 40, apparently. o.O

40 people told one man to write it?
Posted Image

#45 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

The Hick

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationDixieland

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

No. God told 40 men what to write.

#46 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

No. God told 40 men what to write.

Yeah sure, you betcha!
Posted Image

#47 iLi3kCa3k

iLi3kCa3k

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationNew New York.

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

There is also the fact that the current accepted version of the bible is the king James version. James being one of the worst kings in English history.
Posted Image

#48 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

Want to know what ruffles my feathers? The fact that I have no feathers to ruffle. :c
Posted Image

#49 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

There is also the fact that the current accepted version of the bible is the king James version. James being one of the worst kings in English history.

That's irrelevant, the KJV was the first to be translated from Latin to English, it gave people more autonomy from the Vatican, for the first time people could understand en masse what was being said. Ultimately this allowed them to make their own conclusions on the teachings of the Bible and it made it harder for the Pope to maintain strict dystopian control over his subjects.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#50 Wiffle

Wiffle

Byte

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

What ruffles my feathers is that it seems like it'd kill my roommates to go one night without trying to shove meat in my face.
Posted Image

#51 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:41 AM

What, like....sirloin steaks?

#52 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

Well, no offense to you, Wiffles, but meat is pretty healthy for you. Also, it's very natural since it's organic too. Well, depending on how you cook them at least.
Posted Image

#53 M_GORILLA

M_GORILLA

Megabyte

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • LocationMemphis, tn

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

what pisses me off is when my neighbors steal my fucking shrubs and their dog fucks my fence up and then they ask me to fucking fix it. long story short the day i moved into the house i live in my neighbors were in the middle of stealing my shrubs from out front and then weeks later they interupt me as i'm enjoying a badd ass sub to ask me to fix my fence cause their fucking dog tore the damn thing. stubid ass inbred fat asses. sorry i really dislike them.

#54 M_GORILLA

M_GORILLA

Megabyte

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • LocationMemphis, tn

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

What ruffles my feathers is that it seems like it'd kill my roommates to go one night without trying to shove meat in my face.

that sounds tastey but i understand where your coming from.

#55 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

They....were pulling up your shrubs...how the fuck did you respond to that? That's so strange!

#56 Wiffle

Wiffle

Byte

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Well, no offense to you, Wiffles, but meat is pretty healthy for you. Also, it's very natural since it's organic too. Well, depending on how you cook them at least.

Actually, meat isn't healthy for you at all. Any nutrients you could get from meat can come from plants and plants don't contain cholesterol. Not to mention the human digestive system isn't made for meat. But don't even get me started on that.
Posted Image

#57 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'm so confused now, were you trying to make innuendo, or were they generally lobbing ham at you? @.@

#58 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

I'm so confused now, were you trying to make innuendo, or were they generally lobbing ham at you? @.@

I'm going with both.
Posted Image

#59 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

Actually, meat isn't healthy for you at all. Any nutrients you could get from meat can come from plants and plants don't contain cholesterol. Not to mention the human digestive system isn't made for meat. But don't even get me started on that.

There are actually certain amino acids you can only get from animal products, as they have yet to be synthesized chemically yet. Nothing you can't live without, but some happen to be pretty good for brain functions.

And as far as our digestive system, we evolved to be omnivores, that's why we have canines and incisors, along with the sharp molars known as wisdom teeth. (Though we're evolving away from these because of cooking.)

You can have a perfectly fine diet without meat, but to say it's completely bad for you is false.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#60 Relichris

Relichris

Megabyte

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationRice Lake, WI

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

To even say it's unhealthy is false too. Only thing that's truly "unhealthy" is poison. Too much sugar is unhealthy but sugar is healthy. Moderation is key!
Posted Image