• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jackson

jackson

Byte

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

I have p4 system and i want to play NFS hot per suit , So can you tell me how much GB graphic card required normally?

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

VRAM isn't the most important thing on a graphics card, and hasn't been in quite some time. There are very few games that would saturate a 1gb card. Probably the best you could do, without upgrading other stuff, is a Radeon HD 5670.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 mikenaughty

mikenaughty

Byte

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:29 AM

I have p4 system and i want to play NFS hot per suit , So can you tell me how much GB graphic card required normally?

I also play this game so according to my experience you have to put 4GBgraphic card for better graphics..enjoy the game..!

#4 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

The only graphics cards with 4 gigs are workstation ones which are hideously expensive and not optimized for gameplay.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#5 Chukkzy

Chukkzy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

P4 = Pentium 4? I should warn you, I have an Athlon II triplecore at 2.9 Ghz, and sometimes my PC chokes on the game since its not exactly that well optimized... Steam states the minimum Processor you need is a dualcore. Also, the already mentioned Radeon is a good investment, I got a 5770 and its fine, my friends got a 5750 and its still fine. But again, if your Processor isn't fast enough the videocard won't help you much.

Also, the only thing that would help the Graphics to be better would be if they included more options for optimizing, there is no Antialiasing in this game! I was disappointed a bit how less they tailored the port for modern PCs after I bought it, Game is cool though but the older Burnout Paradise (also by Criterion) is the technical better game for PCs.
Posted Image

#6 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

This is a good point. I believe at the end of the life span there were dual core pentiums, but I doubt they would be powerful enough.
nmjUGDL.jpg