• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Konta

Konta

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 06:16 PM

If anyone sees this, I hope you have a great year in 2022. Which new movies are you planning to see this year? For me, I would like to watch Avatar 2, Jackass Forever, Lightyear, and The Batman.

#2 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 03 January 2022 - 07:16 AM

Morbius, The Batman, Fantastic Beasts, Dr Strange, Top Gun, LIghtyear, Thor, Black Adam, Mission Impossible, Spiderman, Black Panther, Creed III, Avitar, Aquaman.

Thats at least the plan.  I will probably wait until they come out on a streaming service though.

#3 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,748 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 04 January 2022 - 07:09 PM

It's going to make me sound like a curmudgeon, but I'm tired of the new movie runaround.

Half of them only exist to sell something and nearly the entire other half are marketed vessels meant to carry certain people toward prestigious awards.

So what I do is ignore and wait.

I never pay attention to trailers, ads, other people talking about these movies, etc.

It's overstimulating and usually ends up revealing most of the movie, which makes it impossible for someone with my memory to enjoy.

I wait for as long as it takes people to consume and forget a movie or TV show, then I look into the ones that people still talk about months afterward.

This self preservation process makes it so that I really don't ever look forward to any movies.

I also tend to enjoy those that I do watch, so I think the process works.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#4 bombeast

bombeast

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 09:59 AM

Jackass Forever

Lol. They're making another one? I understood why it was funny when they were young, but aren't most of them in their 40s and 50s now? It will never be the same without Ryan Dunn. I bet the new Jackass will bomb big time.

#5 Konta

Konta

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:55 PM

Why should anyone avoid having a good time based on their age? My grandfather is 94 years old and he still has fun just about every day.

#6 panbone837

panbone837

Bit

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 04:05 AM

Keep in mind that your welfare has thrived for thirty years and that my friends can only be rejected if they are white people and not black for the love of loud noises and because crackers taste too much like salt. Why do white people still have to exist?

#7 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 06 January 2022 - 06:10 AM

It's going to make me sound like a curmudgeon, but I'm tired of the new movie runaround.

Half of them only exist to sell something and nearly the entire other half are marketed vessels meant to carry certain people toward prestigious awards.

So what I do is ignore and wait.

I never pay attention to trailers, ads, other people talking about these movies, etc.

It's overstimulating and usually ends up revealing most of the movie, which makes it impossible for someone with my memory to enjoy.

I wait for as long as it takes people to consume and forget a movie or TV show, then I look into the ones that people still talk about months afterward.

This self preservation process makes it so that I really don't ever look forward to any movies.

I also tend to enjoy those that I do watch, so I think the process works.

Totally understand.  I do tend to check out reviews before I rent.  Just to make sure its worth my time.

#8 Konta

Konta

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 12:02 AM

Totally understand.  I do tend to check out reviews before I rent.  Just to make sure its worth my time.

I get that. I almost always watch the trailers and check reviews before watching a movie.

I will probably wait until they come out on a streaming service though.

This is what I wasn't able to relate to. Watching a movie with ads and pixelated internet quality instead of watching it on giant screen with surround sound just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I also don't understand why streaming services have become so popular. People say that you can watch anything, but you really can't. It's just whatever it tells you that you can watch. It's easy to do the same exact thing by searching for it on TV guide. Plus, you can't even watch the news or sports on Disney Plus and Netflix.

#9 Konta

Konta

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 12:03 AM

Keep in mind that your welfare has thrived for thirty years and that my friends can only be rejected if they are white people and not black for the love of loud noises and because crackers taste too much like salt. Why do white people still have to exist?

Um... What?

#10 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 07 January 2022 - 06:16 AM

Grolli, on 03 Jan 2022 - 07:22, said:snapback.png

I will probably wait until they come out on a streaming service though.

This is what I wasn't able to relate to. Watching a movie with ads and pixelated internet quality instead of watching it on giant screen with surround sound just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I also don't understand why streaming services have become so popular. People say that you can watch anything, but you really can't. It's just whatever it tells you that you can watch. It's easy to do the same exact thing by searching for it on TV guide. Plus, you can't even watch the news or sports on Disney Plus and Netflix.

Well, here is why...  I have HULU, for live stuff, news..  etc.  I use VUDU for movies.  My home surround system is pretty good.  However, all that doesn't matter as much...as my wife has some immune issues.  We don't spend much time in public at the moment.  

Someday, Ill be back in the theater.

#11 Konta

Konta

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:05 AM

Oh, man. I had no idea. I hope your wife can make a full recovery soon.

Really? You can watch the local news on Hulu? I didn't know that either. To my knowledge, you still can't watch any sports though.

#12 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 11 January 2022 - 07:50 PM

heh..  Sports.. have the disney/hulu/espn package.  I get some sports (football, soccer, and some other stuff), but i need to log into espn for other sports.

#13 TSAR

TSAR

Byte

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 09:28 PM

John Wick 4

#14 bombeast

bombeast

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 02:45 PM

John Wick 4

This is another sequel I'm confused about. What more could be said about John Wick even after the first movie?