• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Konta

Konta

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 July 2021 - 01:42 AM

Have any of you ever had a penpal? If so, how far away were they? I am currently talking to someone from India and I live in the U.S

#2 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 07 July 2021 - 08:16 AM

Got a longtime friend in Germany, and I also live in the US. 

Thank you for reminding me, I gotta reply to them.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#3 bombeast

bombeast

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 04:42 PM

You mean actual pen and paper pen pals or do online pen pals count?

If the latter is the case, then yes. I used an app called Slowly in the past. I just haven't talked to anyone there in about three years. Farthest person I talked to was from Thailand, I think.

I am also from the U.S.

#4 Aayla Secura

Aayla Secura

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationFelucia

Posted 08 July 2021 - 07:10 PM

I mean, I don't even live on Earth, so it's pretty obvious I have pen pals. :rolleyes:

#5 Konta

Konta

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 03:43 PM

You mean actual pen and paper pen pals or do online pen pals count?

If the latter is the case, then yes. I used an app called Slowly in the past. I just haven't talked to anyone there in about three years. Farthest person I talked to was from Thailand, I think.

I am also from the U.S.

They count too. In fact, I have never had a pen and paper penpal. It's funny how you mentioned Slowly because that's exactly what I use as well. I also tried an app called Bottled. It's a unique idea, but I don't really like it as much.

#6 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:28 AM

No. Not really. I guess youtube and forums are the only places I've ever conversed with people in other countries. And I'm pretty terrible at keeping up with that as is.

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#7 andremariyo

andremariyo

Byte

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 12:43 AM

Amazon MyTV can be downloaded for free and installed. This will allow you access Amazon Prime Videos directly on your TV screen. Amazon is well-known in the E-Commerce sector. Now it has entered the entertainment market. Amazon Prime Video offers many popular shows and movies. Amazon is accessible on almost all devices, including mobile, PC and tablet. Visit www.amazon.com/mytv to start watching Prime Show on your TV.

#8 GilbertJohnson

GilbertJohnson

Bit

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 November 2021 - 04:18 AM

I am now in touch with a man from Japan and I live in USA. There have been different people. And with

#9 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 November 2021 - 09:42 AM

Yep I definitely have a few, many going back years, and some going back more than a decade. (lookin at you, Affray)

5A5DjRW.gif

#10 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 13 November 2021 - 12:37 PM

Yep I definitely have a few, many going back years, and some going back more than a decade. (lookin at you, Affray)

CsLfskv.gif

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#11 Aayla Secura

Aayla Secura

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationFelucia

Posted 18 November 2021 - 01:52 AM

I haven't met anyone on this site in person, but you all seem like cool people I would love to hang out with. Except for the bots of course.

#12 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 04:48 PM

I haven't met anyone on this site in person, but you all seem like cool people I would love to hang out with. Except for the bots of course.

There have been quite a few members of this forum that I wish I knew in person.

One of my millionaire fantasies is hosting an annual meeting of the minds where I pay for everyone on this forum to fly their asses to my probably awesome woodland hideaway and hang out for a few days.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#13 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:50 AM

There have been quite a few members of this forum that I wish I knew in person.

One of my millionaire fantasies is hosting an annual meeting of the minds where I pay for everyone on this forum to fly their asses to my probably awesome woodland hideaway and hang out for a few days.

That would actually be pretty cool!

#14 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 04:11 PM

Well I can assure you that if I find myself in a future situation where I've got more money than I know what to do with I'll be making it happen.

All expenses paid, booze and soft drugs if you're into that sort of thing, place to sleep, gift bag on your way out.

When I sat down and did the tallies a while back I realised that most of my millionaire fantasies are very other people-centric.

I want this get together.

I'd start businesses and hire coworkers from my life whom I feel deserve to be treated and paid well instead of shat on by companies, and they'd also be making me money but that's not the real goal if I'm loaded to the tits already.

Everyone in my immediate family would be getting a home and their debts wiped away, nieces and nephews would be set up for college (or a down payment on their own house if they don't do post secondary), that sort of stuff.

I am very aware of the struggle and drudgery of life in general and feel the need to alleviate as much of that weight from the people in my life wherever I can.

Tonnes of money would make that a very feasible achievement.

#15 Konta

Konta

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 09:25 PM

It's always the selfish and greedy scumbags who end up getting rich and as a result, they don't share their money with anyone. The only exception to this rule is Keanu Reeves.

#16 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 08:44 AM

I'm sure there are at least a handful of humane millionaires out there quietly doing good without any media coverage of it.

There are just way too many on the other side of the moral scale sucking everything dry to expand their obscene wealth.

#17 Aayla Secura

Aayla Secura

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationFelucia

Posted 21 November 2021 - 05:35 PM

There are quite a few celebrities who donate money to Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Saint Jude's Hospital. People who donate money to individuals are a little bit lesser known, but one of those people is in fact Keanu Reeves. As far as meeting any of you in person, I would love to. The problem is that it would take me millions of years to travel to Earth.

#18 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 21 November 2021 - 06:46 PM

And yet... not one of the millionaires or billionaires have become Batman...  

#19 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 09:02 AM

There are quite a few celebrities who donate money to Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Saint Jude's Hospital. People who donate money to individuals are a little bit lesser known, but one of those people is in fact Keanu Reeves. As far as meeting any of you in person, I would love to. The problem is that it would take me millions of years to travel to Earth.

I don't know if it would take you that long.

There's a lot of physics bending where you come from, I'm sure someone could make it happen faster.

And yet... not one of the millionaires or billionaires have become Batman...  

Maybe none of them have a city worth saving.

#20 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 22 November 2021 - 06:12 PM

Maybe none of them have a city worth saving.

LOL.  Ya got me there.